Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rift Watch and it's surroundings!
06-22-2012, 06:36 AM,
Rift Watch and it's surroundings!
Discussion regarding the Rift Watch exterior.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-05-2012, 11:44 AM,

Sniper4 found a job and retired from modding.
He planned to add a fort but I am not sure about the architecture, I was thinking about the tileset for Fort Greymoor. If you have an idea for a fort (lay-out) that uses the same type of architecture just let me know.

EDIT
If you want to claim another interior please go ahead and don't wait for my reply.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-05-2012, 12:21 PM,

Good to know, and congrats to Sniper4 for the new job Smile

I'll claim another cell then.

Just a suggestion, if Rift Watch is separated from Skryrim with mountains, we'd need a sort of passage digged into the mountain. The tileset used by Sniper4 (which is the same as fort Greymoor) has the look of a digged tunnel (see attachement but forget about the statues and water).

Indeed, there might be a more suitable tileset, I let this to your later appreciation.

I can lay out a longer mountain passage when the right tileset has been chosen.

Attached Files
.jpg   bf15.jpg (Size: 125.82 KB / Downloads: 17)
07-05-2012, 12:48 PM,

Arlowe,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=192191#post192191 Wrote:Just a suggestion, if Rift Watch is separated from Skryrim with mountains, we'd need a sort of passage digged into the mountain. The tileset used by Sniper4 (which is the same as fort Greymoor) has the look of a digged tunnel (see attachement but forget about the statues and water).
I agree.

Arlowe,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=192191#post192191 Wrote:I can lay out a longer mountain passage.
That's fine.

Could you mod a corresponding exterior for both antechambers plus the corresponding interiors for the final lay-out?

Just use an interior cell for the exterior building, I'll transfer it to the exterior.
IMO the fort could be quite large.

Obviously you don't have to mod the new interiors unless you want to.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-05-2012, 01:37 PM,

I need clarification.

I'm no lore expert but to separate two regions I'd rather have a
moderately fortified village than a stronghold leading to a mountain
tunnel.

I just checked in Skyrim and there is already a passage to Morrowind in the south east of Riften. That passage is not a tunnel but a canyon. I think it would be less intrusive if we just broaden this canyon and put the border village of Rift Watch there.

Are you modding Rift Watch in Skyrim worldspace or Morrowind's ?
07-05-2012, 01:52 PM,

Arlowe,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=192195#post192195 Wrote:I'm no lore expert but to separate two regions I'd rather have a
moderately fortified village than a stronghold leading to a mountain
tunnel.
Sounds good. Smile

Arlowe,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=192195#post192195 Wrote:I just checked in Skyrim and there is already a passage to Morrowind in the south east of Riften. That passage is not a tunnel but a canyon. I think it would be less intrusive if we just broaden this canyon and put the border village of Rift Watch there.

Are you modding Rift Watch in Skyrim worldspace or Morrowind's ?
In our own (MW) to avoid conflicts with other mods.

That's why we opted for a tunnel however nothing is written in stone.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-06-2012, 08:57 AM,

Either way we need to add a loading door in Skyrim worldspace.

The passage is a canyon located in Tamriel cell 52 / -28.

Why not use the WallwayCWallGate01 that stands there, and just add it a loading door leading straight into Rift Watch ?
07-08-2012, 05:12 PM,

Sounds good, I'll check the location.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-11-2012, 01:12 PM,

Arlowe,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=192217#post192217 Wrote:The passage is a canyon located in Tamriel cell 52 / -28.

Why not use the WallwayCWallGate01 that stands there, and just add it a loading door leading straight into Rift Watch ?
The location is perfect, it only requires a load door and a few minor adjustments.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-12-2012, 07:29 AM,

• -28, 26 ST WS
  • 58, -28 Tamriel WS
  • Farmhouses (interior/exterior)
  • Perhaps combine it with some Riften exterior/ interiors
  • Use the exterior/interior tileset from Fort Greymoor

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD