Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialogue not working (patch 1.6 and higher), adding dialogue [FIX]
08-06-2012, 07:00 AM,
Dialogue not working (patch 1.6 and higher), adding dialogue [FIX]
[hrc=yellow][/hrc]
A fix by Arthmoor (as per a suggestion from Beth).

In short generate a SEQ file for your mod (every time you create a quest, change a quest), through TES5Edit!

BSF thread.

[hrc=yellow][/hrc]
No longer required see above.

As you may know there's a bug (yellow) since patch v1.6 has been introduced, it affects new dialogue and the attached fragments. --> Dialogue no longer works.

Additional info.

How to add new dialogue?
  1. I assume you know how to implement quests, dialogue branches etc.

2. Once your ready with the dialogue (topics, info's, fragments etc.) merge the esp to your esm using version control.

3. Enable subtitles in your SkyrimPrefs.ini (bDialogueSubtitles=1).

4. Create silent files and lip files for the non-voiced dialogue, convert to .fuz (not required with subtitles, click somewhere to read the next line).

5. Load your esm and start a new esp (Voice esp) , change every info by adding e.g. a space and save the esp. I used a similar technique for the Oblivion TESGecko before SACarrow fixed the dialogue merging order. With a lot of dialogue it's tedious, in any case it allows you test the dialogue, let's hope the bug will be fixed in the near future.

6. Load the esm plus Voice esp in-game, make sure you use version 1.6.89.0.6 --> The dialogue can be read, heard and e.g. the "akspeaker.showbartermenu()" fragment will be executed. If you load the esm plus Voice esp with version 1.7.7.0.6. --> No dialogue.

7. Another solution: Convert the esm to an esp, skip step 5 & 6, see below.

If you don't mind uploading the mod twice (esm and esp for your team) in order to mod/playtest, it's also possible to convert your esm to an esp (a lot faster) using TESGecko (Oblivion). The dialogue works fine for 1.6.89.0.6, for 1.7.7.06 some of the dialogue is displayed (not reliable).

I don't know if it solves the dialogue problem for everyone however it works for our esm.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-02-2013, 11:25 AM,

Updated the OP. :Checkmark:

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-09-2013, 12:24 PM,

Updated. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD