Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebbedin Mine
04-21-2007, 07:49 PM,
Ebbedin Mine
I don't think Ebbedin should have an ebony mine. Though it is probably the most doable right now, it doesn't mean that it would make a good mod, and here is why:

Ebbedin is small, poor, and remote. Having an ebony mine on the island wouldn't make sense because any town that finds ebony attracts settlers, moneymakers, politics, etc... Look at Caldera, for example. This town would be rich and prosperous, which would not be consistent with our TES3 mod, or with the other work that has been done so far on Ebbedin. Ebbedin is not rich according to our official Silgrad Lore. Ebbedin is isolated and desperate. We cannot have ebony in Ebbedin.

So, what should we do instead of ebony? Or should we cut the mine out entirely from the picture?

REFERENCE:
OFFICIAL SILGRAD LORE
04-21-2007, 08:04 PM,

An iron mine would be cool. Big Grin
I'd love to do the rock container & content of it in that case.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-21-2007, 11:30 PM,

Iron it is then.....Tongue
Lol what?
04-21-2007, 11:44 PM,

Well, it was just an idea that came to me of a type of mineable material that might be suiting for a poor community and that I could probably model. Smile Plus I've heard elsewhere that folks wanted to see iron mines, so the rock containers could have a wider use too.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
04-21-2007, 11:57 PM,

I need iron rocks *raises hand*. I'm still doing the nordmine, though i've kind of put it into haitus, waiting for the ESM with the glassmine to come out. That's what i'd suggest doing for this too, because the ESM will contain SACarrow's lovely minecart set, as well as my pickaxe, and the scripts for mineable ore.

I'd hate to see any of that go to waste, and a warning - if you put any of those resources into your ESP, and then try to use it with the ESM which also has those, all the things you put into the ESP will be renamed duplicate, and clutter things unneccessarily.

Just my thoughts on mines in general, wait until the Glassmine-merged ESM comes out to finish them, so that you can use the awesome mining stuff.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-22-2007, 12:27 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Just my thoughts on mines in general, wait until the Glassmine-merged ESM comes out to finish them, so that you can use the awesome mining stuff.

It's in ESM 2_04. Smile
04-22-2007, 12:29 AM,

OO really?? i didn't see it. Once i get to a computer with a CS i'll dl it right away. Please be sure to use the assets, it would be such a shame if they went to waste.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
09-22-2007, 06:19 AM,

I hope I'm not necromancing a dead thread by this post, if so feel free to delete it =) But if I'm not, what's the current plans of the mine in Ebbedin? We have a moldcave set now, which we didn't have back when this thread was active, so that might be useable for the mine if TID thinks that would be a good idea. But if I understand things correctly it's still an open question what kind of mine it would be. What's your thoughts TID?
Angel mired in filth
09-22-2007, 05:58 PM,

The claim thread has been edited and it currently is iron.
09-22-2007, 06:04 PM,

Oh right, I should have guessed there was a claims thread for it. I'll try to make iron ore containers soon.
Angel mired in filth