Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unfinished Works in search of Authors
10-15-2008, 01:26 PM,
Unfinished Works in search of Authors
There are a number of books which were submitted to lit. dev. as works in progress, and for whatever reason, the authors either left ST or became inactive, and never got around to finishing their works. As a result many just stop halfway through and I've had no choice but to archive the threads. In addition there are several books which were clearly meant to be part of quests, and could possibly be re-used in some different context.

I've tried in some cases to contact the authors involved, but I suspect there is little chance that they will reply. Therefore I am opening these incomplete books up to anyone who feels like finishing them. There is a risk, of course, that the original author may later turn up with an ending, in which case I'd most likely have to respect their wishes over somebody who added work later, unless they say otherwise.

With this little caution in mind, therefore, here are the links to unfinished works in the archive, in order of how interesting I think they are and how much I'd like to see them finished:

High Priority (non-fiction, research, history etc.)

Reich Parkeep: The Red Book of 3E 432
This book, whilst finished and ready to use, is now out of date due to changes in the design of Soluthis. At some point it will need to be substantially revised.

A little writing assignment request
I don't really know how to describe this one, other than that it's good. This doesn't look finished to me, not by a long way. It reads like a fragment of lots of different books stuck together. However, I really like the start, and I'd like to see it finished.

The Botany Books
(This was a huge project to list interesting flora of all the provinces, which was aborted due to circumstances I won't talk about because it happened before I arrived and I don't want to mis-represent anyone involved). There has been some discussion with Razorwing about whether it should be deleted altogether due to permissions complications. However, if someone could be found who was willing to restart the Botany Books project this could change.

The Wanderer Returns
An Epic in the truest sense of the word, this story is vast, and was written by former members of ST, so we'd like to see it included in some form. But, and this is a big but; it has no ending and will take a very, very long time to edit (it runs to 18 volumes). Perhaps somebody with a LOT of time on their hands could read through this saga and come up with an ending worthy of the rest of it?

Tirel Belvani's Journal
This one is actually finished, but the author has left us and took his plans for its placement with him. It's now in search of a home or quest.

Medium Priority (quest-related, unusual story or interesting information)

The Clan War
Play (this one needs a LOT of work)
The Diary of Imantius Lexius (could be used in a dungeon)
The False Nerevarine Stories
These are the ghosts you meet in the cavern of the Nerevarine in Morrowind. The plan was that the books would tell the life story of each ghost, but only two were ever completed.

Low Priority (adventure stories, we already have plenty of these finished)

Legionnaire: Fist of the Empire (this one is long and the narrative is in a real mess, but the idea is original and could be built on)
The Red Heather, Volume I-III
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
12-15-2008, 03:41 AM,

If these are still available to be finished, I wouldn't mind working on the Botany Books.
12-15-2008, 08:53 AM,

Howdy

Because of my work on the Velothi Mountains Mod I rarely but do keep in touch with Ben, I will ask him if he wishes to finish it or at least offer a path which to take it

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
12-15-2008, 02:41 PM,

@ VinlandViking: Definitely! Please look at the finished example for Cyrodiil Back, Kinda. With a bit of an addition (Flowering Flora of Tamriel V.I: Cyrodiil)
As a guide for how to go about doing the other provinces. You should check with each Beyond Cyrodiil team which plants are going to be included. Good luck, and ask me if you have further questions!

@bob
That would be great, if you could get in touch with him.

10-14-2010, 03:16 AM,
The Wanderer Returns
When would ST like to have my story "The Wanderer Returns" completed?

Since I am the sole author, I might find it easiest to come up with a conclusion... Have one of the admins PM me and I'll see what I can do.

~Ben
So what happened to the Dwemer?
10-15-2010, 12:10 AM,
RE: The Wanderer Returns
Quote:Originally posted by Ben Vagara
When would ST like to have my story "The Wanderer Returns" completed?

Since I am the sole author, I might find it easiest to come up with a conclusion... Have one of the admins PM me and I'll see what I can do.

~Ben

Hi Ben Smile

Sorry for the late reply. I cannot speak for anything literature but storyies are good Smile It has been a bit slow around here as of late. I am working alot of hours and other have school and RL stuff. I hope Sandor will log in and comment soon.

I noticed your status, Welcome Back.

Have a great day
Charles
10-15-2010, 03:33 PM,

Hi Ben Vagara,

Nice to see you again. I'm no longer the editor here, but I still wouldn't mind checking through the grand finale to the series if you can rustle one up and need a proofreader.

03-16-2011, 09:58 PM,

Its been an absolutely ridiculous amount of time since I've posted anything and i feel a bit bad about disapearing for so long (three? four years?)

I've been swamped these past few years what with botanical work to do in the real world, research etc etc. And though I never lost my passion for the lore of this game I found myself without free time to do any work.

But after hearing about Skyrim I just had to dig up all my unfinished works and give them a once over. I'm currently working on completing the Cyrodiil edition that was so close to done but not fully complete (had to add a few plants and some fungi) with the intention of eventually posting it to the Imperial Library as a forum scholars essay. As i was lurking through posts, old and new, i managed to luckily find this!

First of all, let me say, as far as permissions are concerned... yes of course you may use any of the content I've posted here in whatever context you would like! Full books included. I made everything for this mod originally. I'd hoped to eventually post the guide to TIL but if theres some ownership concerns regarding that please let me know. Or you can choose not to add stuff to I wont get offended.

In regards to the unfinished nature of the book... It's hard to make informed volumes about provinces not delved into by the games (part of my brimming excitement about Skyrim, as a botanist, is to see if they add real world plants to Skyrim like they did with Cyrodiil). But I would love to restart work on this project and would LOVE help and additions. Hell if someone has the time and energy to tackle a whole province i say "Have at! and happy hunting!" I think its a great idea to have different writing styles for different volumes as long as each volume remains mostly consistent in voice.

It'll be a few weeks until I have new content finished (since I'm going entry by entry trying to make sure i have everything) but by then the Cyrodiil version should be done and i will have started work on Morrowind
At TIL a volume has already been ammassed on Morrowind
http://www.imperial-library.info/content...s-resource
I'd love to get in touch with the author and trade notes/talk about combining the two works but I refuse to use it without permission so If not I'm just going to use the superb information collected to rewrite the guide in my own words using only the information
its a great example if nothing else.

I also claim no role as a leader of this project. I don't just want to roll in here barking orders at would be botanists and alchemists and writers especially having been gone so long... its just not my place to dictate anything, just provide content help. If anyone wants to step in and take command or if a bunch of people want to leave it free form and post snippets of content, well i say either way great. I could take over the botany books too if needed. I cant guarantee I'd make the best leader but I can guarantee i'll always come back with new content hahaha

I cant promise much but I can promise this thing'll get done eventually!
I guess this is my return post

-Erwan Locke (er Ataridante)
We live in deeds, not years; in thoughts, not breaths;
In feelings, not in figures on a dial.
07-05-2011, 10:12 AM,

Dear Ataridante,

Have you had any progress on the Morrowind edition since your last post?

Regards,

Deeza