Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3DS Max, which version?
03-15-2007, 10:32 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
Well, I got Version 7. Is that good?

I guess. Try it out Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-16-2007, 01:23 AM,

Well, now I just don't know how to use it. Is there an easy to follow tutorial that will show me how to make armor?

My ambition is to make armor like this as seen in the WoW BC cinematic

[Image: FemaleArmorConcept1.jpg]
Very Pretty

[Image: FemaleArmorConcept2.jpg]
Still Very Pretty

[Image: FemaleArmorConcept3.jpg]
Ignore the dead orc, she's in the back being pretty.

Think I have a chance?

And this has nothing to do with Summerset (or does it? Big Grin)
Lol what?
03-16-2007, 03:06 AM,

I don't stand a chance at making that, do I?
Lol what?
03-16-2007, 03:51 PM,

So does anyone know of a good tutorial?
Lol what?
03-16-2007, 05:06 PM,

Bah, I give up.....who wants to make it for me (not for summerset, or is it? Big Grin)
Lol what?
03-16-2007, 07:58 PM,

Well, if you've never used Max before you're probably biting off too much by diving straight into modelling armor. My advice would be to start off making technically simpler models to get familiar with the program and the process of modelling for Oblivion, and research the particulars of creating armors on the side so to speak. Investigate thoroughly what Bethesda did, download new armor mods to glean tips from what peers did, scour the wiki for information, read threads on ESF's modding board and on niftools.org, and so on. Don't expect to become an expert overnight, friend Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-16-2007, 08:43 PM,

Hmm, I guess you're right. I'm just impatient.

(and if I want to bring Summerset back I'll need something cool like this..... Big Grin) Erm, I mean.....yes..... Big Grin
Lol what?
03-17-2007, 01:15 AM,

Here are some tutorials for you:

3D Kingdom
3D Total (Click "Free Stuff" -> "Tutorials")

There are also vast numbers of tutorials for beginners available just by Googling "3DS Max tutorial".
.:.::..::: Zarf - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbU_YqGZF5Y"]WARNING: Do not fall down mountains[/url] :::..::.:.
03-17-2007, 02:15 AM,

I was looking in google, but I found some hard to understand and just hard to read, with text like "Add the meshing with main object which make it work with the texturizing." or something like that.

And thanks for the tutorials. Much appreciated :goodjob:
Lol what?
03-17-2007, 10:41 PM,

Alright, I got something good for once. I have these glove-things, but I can't get them to work right with people. When I put them on someone, They end up sideways floating off the person. Here are some screens. They look fine in NIFScope btw.
Lol what?