Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3DSMX Man looking to join faction
03-09-2006, 12:32 AM,
3DSMX Man looking to join faction
Hello. I am Adonai.

I started in 3D with 3dstudio VIZ 1.5 way back in the day. I've been working in the television/broadcast enviroment for the good last 5 years as a freelance Motion GFX/Post-Production Digital Artist, in various Post Houses and TV channels. I mostly make graphic packages for TV programs and documentaries, but have also worked doing medical animations and Arcth. visulizations. I spend a good deal of my free time playing around creating 3D animations. I currently use 3dsmax 8 [jejeje envy] along with AfterFX 7, Combustion 4, etc. etc.

Some time ago I ran into a game by the name of Morrowind. Some 2 and some odd years later, and STILL not completing the main quest, I must say it is the game. Needless to say I have come very close to taking legal actions due to lose of whole swaps of my life. Morrowind is close to that prefect game me and my brother, all avid fans, have been waiting for all these many years.

And Oblivion is coming soon. And already any problems I could of had with the new game, this MOD solves it.

I like this game alot. I like the comany that makes it. And I would love to sharpen my game content creation knife.

So here is what I would like to know.

============================================

How can I help? My main skills are in 3D modeling, lighting, and animation. I can also texture, and have some solid traditional arts skills.

Here are some samples of my work;

[Image: th_aRMMAnyellow.gif] [Image: th_construct10.jpg] [Image: th_HIGHRES2.jpg] [Image: th_CGTALKairinfantry.jpg] [Image: th_ModaxGFX.jpg] [Image: th_IDgrilFINALMODEL.jpg] [Image: th_NeoHouse.jpg]

I would like to know if there is a database or list somewhere of what assest you guys count with, and which are needed. I have a prefrance for armor, monsters, and NPC's but am willing to do most else. Im ok with doing Offical Morrowind objects, but if you need it I can also do concept and designs. Moreover, just point me in the right direction, and where I can find directions on what needs to be done.

Tnx. And I hope I can help.

**oh yeah.just a few things. anything I do I would like to make public and freely shared with the greater MW/OB MOD community.

Rw.Edit: Welcome aboard! But please consider
linking to Photobucket images like in my edit,
or attach them to your post. Thanks!
For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief - Ecclesiastes
03-09-2006, 12:41 AM,

Welcome! :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce: (<- our mascot)

and you can definetly help! you appear to be quite skilled, as well as passionate , if you are interested in only doing 3DS there is plenty of it to do, though i bet you'd like to work on a few claims yourself Wink

for the "database" or whatever, we have the visual development section of the forums located here

if you are interested in armor, we have NO models of the morrowind stuff and if i may make a suggestion, we REALLY need someone to model bonemold, it's THE Vvardenfell armor, and will no doubt be seent he most, so if you're interested... Confusedhrug:

otherwise, i would reccomend browsing the forums to see what we're all about, what we have planned, etc. Then posting/contributing wherever you find intrest...

and again, welcome :goodjob:

edit- don't worry about the sharing thing, it's always up to the person who makes it to share or not, so no worries!
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
03-09-2006, 12:44 AM,

:bounce: welcome ADONAI!

glad to have you here, and glad that more and more 3d modelers are coming here interested in working for a TES4 Vvardenfell. You may help in the concept and 3d model field if you'd like to. It seems you are very good at it. I would suggestion working on creatures, architecture, tilesets, or objects such as pots and furniture. Basically, we need to make most of the stuff from scratch or a retexture (skin?) of an existing Bethesda TES4 model. Be sure to sign up at the sign-up thread!

by the way, is that 3 mutalisks down there in the middle? love those guys... zerg...

EDIT: by the way, in this Silgrad modding community, sharing is encouraged
03-09-2006, 12:51 AM,

Wow, big crededentials.

Welcome, we definately need as many modelers as we can get

Oh and watch kukulza, he bites
03-09-2006, 12:54 AM,

Well yes actually those are Zerg Mutalisk. It was for a Starcraft 2 MOD I was helping with. You should check them out, they are rather ahead with a finish product of unusall quality.

As for VD4, yeah, I was getting the impression that all content will have to be recreated. Ouch. And I imagine that given the higher polygon count of the OB engine, every object will be somewhat taxing to create.

Well if that is the case I would love to start with the armors, in this case the bone armors.

Ok so this is what I need.

Official Ref. material, information about what the armor is, how it works, made of, visual ref. etc. etc. In short a samll synaposis of what object Im working on. I think there was a webpage with precise information on all MW objects, but dont remeber where it is.

Either way, point me to what I need to do.

And insofar as the concept art what kind of liberites am I working with?
For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief - Ecclesiastes
03-09-2006, 01:06 AM,

hmmm.... yeah, Starcraft, the first PC game I played....

concept art.... go to the concept art thread and see what has been done and decided what kind of category you want to pursue..... it matters not but those with higher relevancy are more priority... ya know what I mean?

and don't listen to Harikari.... I don't bite.... well not people ...anymore...
03-09-2006, 01:10 AM,

We got tired of it eventually and defanged him Big Grin

He will try to gum you though

Im kidding, kus a good guy, besides the fact he owns your ass now
03-09-2006, 01:11 AM,

i'm trying to get some stuff together right now ADONAI, but for some reason i'm havign a really hard time finding good shots of the bonemold armor X(

a googleimage for "bonemold" doesn't turn up much, the imperial library only has a book... i may have to resort to the old morrwind CS to take some reference screenshots... but the google search will give you the basic look of the thing.

on to your other quiries:

the armor is bone, strips of it, i believe, that have been soaked in a resiny substance then molded and dried in the shape of the armor.

the limitations you have (in art, or anything here): kukluzas OK (retroactivly is usually alright), your imagination, whatever suggestions you want to take from the other members of the mod, and, of course,TES lore (unless there can be made a convincing argument for including it anyway...)

i'm sure i forgot soemthing, and that kukluza or harikiri will call me on it (thats right, i see you guys about to post Wink)

edit: geez, i need to type faster, those 2 got in right under me Big Grin
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
03-09-2006, 01:14 AM,

As long as it seems to fit (sorry no spacecrafts) we can find a use for it.

but right now, we are trying to work on getting the old morrowind creatures back. I suggest the kagouti and alit to work on for you. They can both be done from a same base model, and I think have the same animations
03-09-2006, 01:14 AM,

yeah, my OK is always important :yes:

don't worry much, soon you will realize...
I am more of a leaderly comrade than a dictator...
I'm your ashkhan, what do you expect?