Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3d, 2d, Animation
03-09-2006, 12:30 AM,
3d, 2d, Animation
Hey my name is Tom and im new to these boards, and i just wanted to let everyone know who i am and how i can help with the mod. Im a 22 year old student at IADT of Toronto, taking Video game design. We learn everything from art to sound, and of course programming. But im not good at programming.
Just wanted to let you guys know if there is any thing you need modeled or textured, me and a couple of my friends can help during our spare time from doing class assignments. We are still not perfect at everything but learning as we go. Also if you like our work we can do alot more as of the end of July when we finish school.

This is probelly wrong forum but since its an art forum i thought it would be fine. Thanks
03-09-2006, 12:38 AM,

It would be best to post in one of the sign in threads Big Grin

But dont worry, we arent that scrict to newcomers

But we DEFINATELY need modelers. And it sounds like we are getting more than one in one package
03-09-2006, 12:54 AM,

Yes we have about 5 modelers(that is also animators and textures), a Level designer(he is really intrestead in making quests), and some good concept artists.
03-09-2006, 12:57 AM,

Its like a gift from god...

Oh, do you have past experience with the elder scrolls? The level design fellow might want to study previous stuff. I think of myself as a major level designer

Oh, and could you possibly tell me a way to learn how to model easier ?(
I just got a modeling program and am like a fish on land
03-09-2006, 01:08 AM,

some fish do alright on land... like mudskippers and lungfish... as long as its moist you will survive....
with some guidance, you will do alright... that's the message.... you beached fish on land
03-09-2006, 01:09 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
some fish do alright on land... like mudskippers and lungfish... as long as its moist you will survive....
with some guidance, you will do alright... that's the message.... you beached fish on land

I try my best to not compare myself to lungfish though Big Grin
03-09-2006, 01:24 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Harikari
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA

I try my best to not compare myself to lungfish though Big Grin
I love lungfish, and if you were a lungfish.... :hug:
....I bet they taste good.... I dunno about mudskippers.... an old Taiwanese folk-song says something about a grandfather and grandmother catching mudskippers and arguing about how to cook them.... very amusing if you actually know the lyrics to the old song.... for seriously man.... I mean it
03-09-2006, 01:25 AM,

Well, okay. lungfish man you are now named

Anyway... does anybody have a REALLY EASY way to learn to model?
03-09-2006, 01:31 AM,

Ya i would think he would want to study up on morrowinds level editor, we do get a 2 week break in 2 weeks, so ill tell him to check it out. Any good places for him to look for that.
What modeling program are you using, we use 3ds max, and i did read in another forum that when the game is released the max exporter might not be out right away. Not sure if thats true.
Telling someone how to model easier is tough(im still trying to perfect my skills)
One good way i found is too model the same character(or whatever your modeling) over and over and over again, and you will see different ways you could of done it each time, and learn better techniques. but like our instucters allways said is pratice makes perfect. Smile
03-09-2006, 01:34 AM,

Ok!

But the best way to learn the level design is to study tes3 itself. Go to walmart, its available for $10 bucks and comes with the expansions

Id send it to you but I dont know how to make it play with no discs Big Grin

I didnt say that