Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
56 answers to the most obvious questions
06-05-2005, 01:52 AM,
56 answers to the most obvious questions
A good post from ESF. I don't vouch for it's legitimacy though. For example I think they've confirmed children are out, you can only look between 20 and 60 years old, through the age slider.

I can add one to the list: It will most likely only come on DVD, as the game is already several gigabytes large. 60,000 lines of spoken dialogue did that.

Quote:Originally posted by TiE 23 Jun 4 2005, 07:45 PM
I am tired of that every other post in this forum is a question that has been asked a million times, and can be answered in a few words. It is incredible! So I have made a list of all the stuff I know about the Oblivion game and posted it here.

1. Yes, its coming out for the Xbox 360 as a launch title
2. Yes, its coming out on the PC
3. Obilvion is going to have all of the races coming back
4. All of the non-Morrowind native Guilds are coming back
5. No, its most likely not going to be on the PS3 or PSP (WTF?)
6. No, its most likely not going to be on the Nintendo Revolution
7. No, its not going to require the hard drive on the Xbox 360 to run
8. Crossbows are out
9. Throwing Weapons are out
10. Radiant AI controls all NPCs, the devs tell them what to do and they decide what to do
11. Only some towns have been announced
12. Cyrodil could be 12, 16, 20, or even 40 Sq miles, we don't know.... yet
13. Yes, "if Cyrodil was that large, Morrowind should be smaller" (why should you care?)
14. Mounted Combat has been announced
15. The game is still "WIP" Beth. still has 6 more months to clean up the game
16. It will be good
17. Trust that Beth. won't do anything stupid!
18. Want to know what it will be like?..... Imagine playing Morrowind in Cyrodil with major tweaks, over hauls, better graphics, more intelligence, and beauty
19. Yes, you will probably buy it some day, why else would you be here?
20. It will sell, it won't flop
21. You will need a good computer, just because you got a new $1200 Dell doesn't mean it will run fine (Get a $200+ Video card)
22. System specs are not confimed
23. NPCs talk to eachother
24. The game will be more natural and organic
25. The physics will allow you to pick-up stuff and throw it (And even telekenisis to do jedi like stuff)
26. Inventory will be limited by weight only (like the others)
27. You DON'T have to use the quick travel system
28. Guars saddly don't look like they will be making it in
29. CS will only be on PC
30. The Morrowind CS was bad in a couple of aspects (ex. Scripting), most of them have been improved/fixed
31. Native Morrowind armor (Probably Chitin, Netch leather, bone mold, etc) will probably not make it in
32. Werewolfs are not yet confirmed (along with other animals)
33. We don't know what will replace the Silt Striders (Probably nothing because of quick travel)
34. There will probably not be children (no one likes this fact, yes.)
35. No user created mods for the Xbox360 version (other than probable official mini 'expansions' and patchs)
36. There will be blood (on weapons and armor, too
37. You can kill pretty much anyone, but it still prevents the deaths of major MQ characters
38. There is a new "Subject Wheel" thingie that will replace the old dialogue box
39. Just because NPCs are fully dialogued doesn't mean that Beth went out of their way so that one person in some obscure town that isn't important, isn't going to have his own 3 hours of dialogue (spoken)
40. All dialogue is going to be spoken
41. Magic system has been revamped (We don't know how other than being able to cast spells with weapon in hand)
42. Combat will be more realistic and natural
43. There will be multiple NPC battles
44. No cloud castles (Just something I saw another guy post)
45. There will be mountable animals (looks like only going to be horses for now)
46. You will be able to buy houses
47. The score/music will probably be like the trailer music (my personal guess)
48. No cliff racers (thank God)
49. Sneaking and stabbing is more like it is meant to be
50. To give an idea, think that the NPCs are "Sims" in the game, they are controlled to do stuff on a much more simple.. or should I say efficient level where they can interact with people, the world, objects, become friendly with you, smile at you, say hello to eachother, buy stuff, go on errands, leave their house, have pets of special kinds, practice skills, sleep, sit, eat, and probably even use their wardrobe they have in their drawers
51. Shop keepers will close up and go to bed (probably)
52. Guards will respond
53. People will try and steal and even get arrested
54. Oblivion isn't the same as hell
55. If you die, you will probably have to reload, not have to break out of Oblivion
56. Fatigue has changed
57. I can't think of anymore ATM
58. Yes, that is Patrick Stewart doing the voiceover on the trailer.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-05-2005, 08:38 AM,

9. Throwing Weapons are out
25. The physics will allow you to pick-up stuff and throw it (And even telekenisis to do jedi like stuff)

Interesting, does this mean you will be able to create throwing weapons? Not that I ever cared much for it (bad aim Wink ), but I'd like to keep the rotten tomatoes to throw at people. Big Grin

46. You will be able to buy houses

... and what is the CS for :eek: ... Wink

I'm really curious which of the assumptions will be correct. Still so much time until the release.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
06-05-2005, 11:12 AM,

Good point there, Quentin Smile Maybe the player has to drop the knife on the ground before he can use telekinesis to throw it at an enemy? That'd be kinda silly, but who knows.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-05-2005, 11:57 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Good point there, Quentin Smile Maybe the player has to drop the knife on the ground before he can use telekinesis to throw it at an enemy? That'd be kinda silly, but who knows.

This would be one of the most complicated but nevertheless 'original' ways to throw a knife ... may the Force be with you, eh?

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
06-05-2005, 03:42 PM,

I really hope weapons are useable in that way. Like levitating a spear with your mind and then send it flying across the room, pinning the baddie to the wall Smile Almost makes me want to play as a wizard.
Angel mired in filth
06-05-2005, 11:10 PM,

59 - Fargoth is NOT in Oblivion!
|m0use.net|
06-06-2005, 04:10 AM,

I belive the developers said that throwing things will work like the gravity gun in half-life2. Strength will probably be the determining factor as to how hard you can throw and what you can pick up without magic. once an item is thrown damage will be based on wieght and velocity. so throwing things at enemies will most likely just annoy them unless you are incredibly strong, or you manage to drop big rocks on them from a roof.
06-14-2005, 11:57 PM,

60 - Creatures have RAI too. (for like at days this creature is in cave and at nights this creature terrorizes this town and rapes it's ppl (bad example but you get the point Wink ))
Killing imperial legion ppl since 2002 and still they keep coming.
Community idiot and modder. (Currently learning to model stuff and breathe)
I can: - Use TES CS - Walk - Re-Texture - Yell really loud (I mean REALLY Loud!)
06-15-2005, 09:14 PM,

40. All dialogue is going to be spoken

Uh...then how will modders mod in new dialogue? Does this mean we have to buy microphones and hire voice actors????
There are conditions of the nerve endings, the likes of which your imagination, no matter how fevered, could not possibly hope to evoke.
06-16-2005, 04:06 AM,

Hmm, interesting problem, Cenobite. I hope not. I also hope there's written text where there's spoken conversation. I'll eventually get tired of having to listen to everything over and over, unless I have the option to cut them short. Uh, I mean interrupt. :evil:
Where does the light come from? ...
The same place as the music
-----
Mods Downloads