Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A New Breed of Khajiit's???
01-27-2008, 07:03 PM,

:wave: welcome to elsweyr then Big Grin
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
01-27-2008, 10:19 PM,

Thanks!

Is there a better place I can post things like [IDEA] or [WIP]?

I just posted this here because of the title of the thread and also, I'm not sure how much access to the site is given to new members.

BTW:

Has anyone decided what breed of Khajiit the Vanilla Oblivion ones are?

Ohmes-raht?

[Image: Wraith-MortisHorseBanner.jpg]
Lord Wraith the Darkborn
Patron Demon of Hackdirt
Order of the Crimson Scar
01-28-2008, 01:31 AM,

The Vanilla models are Cathay, and we have a larger Cathay-raht made by Gryphe that we could probably keep. And as a new member you have access to everywhere but the management forums (which we barely use anyway, lol)

As for where to place things, ideas for discussion can go in the ideas sub-forum up the top, and WIPs can go in the models subforum. take some time to familiarize yourself with the forums, and you'll soon get to know the place.
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?
01-28-2008, 11:10 PM,

this place works on the will of the community to keep it going - we don't sell this stuff here ... the owners of individual models and works are free to do what they want with their works.

... we place stuff people do into the mod - like showcasing - and we hope to do it in such a way that everything lokks and feels seemlessly part of this living world ...

if stuff really can't fit, we tell peopel why - what's to hide, other than 'special projects' that people keep on their own comps and stuff until it is ready to release?

When people put things here everyone sees it - and has whatever level of access is built into it by the creator/s
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

01-29-2008, 01:54 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
this place works on the will of the community to keep it going - we don't sell this stuff here ... the owners of individual models and works are free to do what they want with their works.

I'm having trouble understanding this "selling" business... Last I knew, Bethesda (technically) owns anything made with the CS and modders have to agree not to charge for things made with it...

Can someone please clarify?

Lord Wraith the Darkborn
Patron Demon of Hackdirt
01-29-2008, 04:54 AM,

GREAT NEWS!

This is a direct copy of a PM I got from AlienSlof regarding the textures:

Quote:AlienSlof

Re:Khajiit Race mod. Interested?, Yesterday, 09:18 AM

Veteran

This sounds like a good idea! Eventually, I do plan on recreating some of my Khajiit races that I made for Morrowind, including the Mane (my personal favourite because it's male only!). I had made a start on a Dagi race, but never completed it - they were going to be small and lithe with Siamese colouring.

So many ideas, only one me! Smile

Lord Wraith the Darkborn
Patron Demon of Hackdirt
01-29-2008, 05:17 AM,

He means that we do not exchange resources or ideas for modder loyalty or participation, people contribute what they have or want to, on the terms they have or want, we use it under those terms, and don't claim ownership of it over the original modder, we don't barter their achievements to get you to work for us.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
01-29-2008, 06:30 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
He means that we do not exchange resources or ideas for modder loyalty or participation, people contribute what they have or want to, on the terms they have or want, we use it under those terms, and don't claim ownership of it over the original modder, we don't barter their achievements to get you to work for us.

:book: :read:

Thanks!

I understand now.

Most of the people from ORE would only ask for credit somewhere in the readme for the resource used and freely give permission to use them. Most I know wouldn't consider "selling" or anything of the sort. Some might ask that you not redistribute the actual resource file to another site as a resource file until xx time has past [e.g. MORE/ORE exclusives- you'd have to look at the individual file for more info, I'm not really talented enough to use the amazing things that are available. :mchm: ], but most not only allow but encourage the use of the resources there.

Lord Wraith the Darkborn
Patron Demon of Hackdirt
01-30-2008, 09:40 PM,

Antihero Wraith sez:
Quote:Last I knew, Bethesda (technically) owns anything made with the CS and modders have to agree not to charge for things made with it...

We try not to upset Bethsoft or take advantage, but you cannot bind people to a contract without an exchange of value - this holds true everywhere in the world. Therefore once you have bought something the sellers, if you have paid the reasonable price demanded, have no further bargaining position as to the use to which you put it, other than the norms of copywrite, patent etc.

In America they have gone further - the law there is aparently recognised openly as being that once someone has bought something sealed it is theirs, and there can be no 'hidden contracts' within which people can be further bound by that were not accessible and agreed to before purchase. Therefore also, what is binding is the normal course of law as regarding copywrite, patent or whatever is openly displayed regarding usage etc.

The models in the CS we feel are Bethsoft's, and the copyright to stories , screenplay etc, but the models we create are ours, etc ...
Steven Erikson.

01-30-2008, 09:47 PM,

Which is why the CS is distributed seperately.

I don't see it as an issue tha concerns us at all really, beth has always supported modders, despite the flak they get.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I