Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Request.
04-07-2006, 11:41 PM,

well ALL quests will have to use only subs to begin with, then once dialogue has been refined and finalized we'll go for the voice-acting, that way we can have finished lists of dialogue and we don't end up doning work that will be changed :yes:
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
04-12-2006, 03:46 AM,
RE: A Request.
Yeah.
04-12-2006, 05:05 PM,

Subtitles to start with and voice overs later is perfect, one cosmetic thing that can go backburner. We'll have to create a few for npc random dialogues in the city though, subtitles don't work for that.

Also, while I like the idea of harder locks, we'd want to keep game mechanics the same (not withstanding the fact that it might not be possible to make locks with 6 or more tumblers). We would want people to travel to morrowind and feel their skills translate well into the new area. Different spells and equipment are totally logical though, imo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Common-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04-12-2006, 05:39 PM,

Agreed. Make our mod like any good game on its own. Assume that the player coming over could be anything from a newbie fresh out of intro dungeon to a full-blown, Daedra-slaying champion. We need to provide enough variety to interest both and allow both to grow.

Regarding the voices thing, I believe that someone has organized an Oblivion Voice Acting Guild, at least it seemed so on the official forum.
04-12-2006, 11:48 PM,

Ugh. Three weeks into Oblivion, and I've already done everything there is to do that isn't boring as hell. And now I have nothing to do.

PLEASE don't make this mod only last a short while.
04-13-2006, 03:13 PM,

Thats right. As long as solution to this is NOT TOTAL LEVELSCALING without any variation between diff places and equipment. Just my opinion Smile
04-13-2006, 03:34 PM,

In morrowind, the wilderness was dangerous at low levels, I wouldn't even set foot into a dungeon. But in Oblivion everythinsg scaled and easy. You never have to worry unless you don't have a health potion and you make a few mistakes in battle.

Its still a good game though, and there are still tons of quests for me to do.
04-13-2006, 11:58 PM,

A Request: please don't allow this thread to degrade into a leveling system bash. It has been discussed thoughly elsewhere.
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
04-14-2006, 07:52 AM,

Allright.. ill shutup about that matter for now. Sorry =)
04-14-2006, 02:25 PM,

Ok I'll stop too, back on topic.

Caligula Superfly was good at voicing the Morrowind style Dunmer, you should ask him if he wants to help voice acting.