Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Taster of the Everglades
07-06-2009, 04:05 PM,
A Taster of the Everglades
This is just a reminder that I'll be posting up claims for the Everglades settlements soon but that, before I do so, they're now officially available. I just finished the Tenmar Wall cave interiors so I'll be moving onto the Everglades next and probably taking one of these claims as I'm itching to get to use some of KP's and LR's huts which have somehow miraculously remained untouched so far (how?).

To be brief, Kulu-Hees, Go-Ja Morgoa and Kangumabog all use a combination of watertop huts, Turtle Shell huts and swampland huts (by LR). Even Hixinoag will use the swampland huts (including the tiny fern-laden huts). These are the only four settlement claims in our beta region that remain untouched (besides Glok-Chuba which doesn't really count as we don't have the assets finalised to complete it yet).

Here's a brief preview of the watertop huts which I set up in five minutes or less. Note that these huts are HUGE! KP has offered to make smaller versions although I may keep them as they are (not sure)....they're only shots from the CS but they get the idea across.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-06-2009, 06:45 PM,

Look like the Philipines Smile

Those huts are wonderful, It just came to me that the "STAR WARS" had something similar. I'll post screenshots of the village...
07-06-2009, 07:55 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by DoZeNt
Look like the Philipines Smile

Those huts are wonderful, It just came to me that the "STAR WARS" had something similar. I'll post screenshots of the village...

hahah, it did have something like that in Star Wars: Battlefront. It was part of the wookie homeworld. XD

I think it's cool, so no complaints here. :goodjob:
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
07-06-2009, 09:42 PM,

And here's a basic concept design for Kulu-Hees...I'm very pleased with the way the architecture fits the swamplands here....I'm hoping it will look much better in-game.... =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
07-06-2009, 09:57 PM,

It definitely looks like it fits. It just doesn't QUITE feel like it matches, the textures aren't similar enough to those of the nature around them. Ideally, the wood textures of the huts should be almost identical, and the mud stains on the buildings would match the ground textures too, because the wood for the huts would probably have come from the trees, and the mud on the buildings would be the mud on the ground. Not a complaint, just an observation, I know not everything can be perfect, and it is looking fantastic!
07-07-2009, 06:45 AM,

Just a little too bright

@Tlo1048: Yeah, It looks like the wookies homes. but it also reminds me of the Ewoks village..
07-07-2009, 07:07 AM,

This looks magnificent. I'd be happy to make one of these villages later, I'm sticking to Stormhold until I'm satisfied with it.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
07-07-2009, 06:29 PM,

Yeah, I know what you mean about the textures. LR's buildings are damn cool but they really do need to be retextured in some cases.
07-07-2009, 06:52 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Yeah, I know what you mean about the textures. LR's buildings are damn cool but they really do need to be retextured in some cases.

its true, I was still young Tongue

I will upload the model and texture fixes for bmhuts exteriors today, and I would suggest holding on claiming hut based settlements until you have those resources. Regarding the wood textures, it should be fairly simple to just point it to a different texture in most cases.

Are there any models in particular you feel need different textures?

x

edd

p.s. everglades is looking real nice Smile
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
07-07-2009, 07:03 PM,

I think you fixed the Reed huts a while back but certainly the chieftain swamp huts and swamplands huts as you see here. I always loved the huts themselves but hated that mud texture that you put underneath it which sort of ruins it for me. Anyway, other models may need to be altered as well as I'm not sure which models share these textures. The boathome is a bit too bright as well but it looked fine in Pholmolo.

Should I try retexturing by using our existing textures or do you want to create completely different textures?