Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A draft for the main story
04-12-2005, 08:52 AM,

I have a few nice ideas for the temple. So ill give a whack at that one if you dont mind.
04-12-2005, 09:07 PM,

Sounds excellent, I really liked the quest you posted and I'm looking forward to more Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-13-2005, 01:11 AM,

The Official History says that Vivec is alive, because if you follow the MQs to the T and don't kill anyone you're not supposed to, then he lives. However, he is mortal, and has almost no immortal powers left, except weak ones, such as telepathy, levitation, and healing. These are very limited though.

I have a question about the Telvanni in Silgrad, I know you said that Vort has his own house-pod that he grew(btw they grow them, I wasn't sure if you knew, by the way you talked about it) located in Silgrad, but, are they officially a guild yet? I mean, do they have a tower or a cave or velothi HQ? Also, How many actual Telvanni NPCs are allowed? 5? 10?
|m0use.net|
04-13-2005, 02:29 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Haplo
The Official History says that Vivec is alive, because if you follow the MQs to the T and don't kill anyone you're not supposed to, then he lives. However, he is mortal, and has almost no immortal powers left, except weak ones, such as telepathy, levitation, and healing. These are very limited though.

I have a question about the Telvanni in Silgrad, I know you said that Vort has his own house-pod that he grew(btw they grow them, I wasn't sure if you knew, by the way you talked about it) located in Silgrad, but, are they officially a guild yet? I mean, do they have a tower or a cave or velothi HQ? Also, How many actual Telvanni NPCs are allowed? 5? 10?

Ok, thanks for explaining that. I wasn't sure if Tribunal led to the player killing Vivec.

Afaik the entire Telvanni component in the TES3 version of Silgrad consists only of an empty exterior. We had a guy working on the interior, but I don't think he had time to finish it. So it never got past that point. But I think a minor tower might be appropriate.

But on the other hand you can incorporate Telvanni expansion in your quest path, instead of starting them off big? After a certain quest the tower could grow a bit bigger, and more Telvanni shipped over from their territory, then escalate it more and more. In the latter stages you could definetely have a big bad-ass Telvanni tower which looms ominously over the city Smile The player can also ensure that the Telvanni take control of certain buildings in the city, so they can spread their influence. Well, I'm sure you have plenty of own ideas on how to grow their power, and I'm looking forward to hearing them!
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
04-13-2005, 10:05 PM,

Excellent. Big Grin I'm planning on starting them out with a house-pod manor for Vort Grathras(new last name Smile), and a Velothi building next to it for the House HQ, with 3 people in it. In the end, I like the idea of the huge tower residing ominously over the city :-) Maybe the Telvanni don't want to be too dependent upon the city, so they expand outward more than inward?
|m0use.net|
04-13-2005, 11:03 PM,

Anyway you decide is fine with me, I'm sure you know a lot about how they work and I trust your judgement.

royalblue[/hr]
Ed.Rw 060303, 18:14 C.E.T.: Below this post follows posts from a formerly stand-alone thread from the old forum. It was part of the sorting Valderon did of the various components of my draft, and spurred a little discussion.
Angel mired in filth
04-29-2005, 12:30 PM,
Getting to know Silgrad
Quote:Getting to know Silgrad

In order to entice the player to come and explore Silgrad, a number of new NPCs are planted around the Cyrodiil province who talk a bit about what's going on, and then point to the "Emmisary of the Dunmer" for more information. The "Emmisary of the Dunmer" would be a new building in the capital of Cyrodiil, and its intended function is to promote politics favorable to Morrowind, although we wouldn't delve to deep into that. It's also a hostel, so the new NPCs planted in Cyrodiil have somewhere to sleep, and might have a bar with imported Morrowind liquor. But that's beside the point. Rather, the point of the Emissary building is so that representatives of the Temple, Hlaalu, Redoran and Telvanni can speak to the player and give their own skewed opinion on what's going on in Silgrad. All of them end by pointing the player to go and see Valderon in Silgrad, with whom the main story begins and ends.

Regardless of whether the player has been to the Emissary or not, the main story would begin when he has a meeting with Valderon, who still has his office in the Council of Elders building. There'll be plenty of nudges in that direction too, if the player talks to the people of Silgrad. He won't be able to get anywhere with the Temple or the Great Houses as of yet, but can of course take advantage of the services offered by them. Walking through Silgrad, the player would also get subtle hints that all is not well; people taunting each other, fights breaking out here and there between different faction members, the Silgrad guardians arresting certain individuals (and more or less, depending on what the new CS and Radiant AI is capable of).
[Image: lhc.gif]
04-29-2005, 05:03 PM,

I see you have been very industrious. I really like the ideas and think that they are very well thought out. There's one thing about this one that puzzles me though:

Quote:[...] when he has a meeting with Valderon, who still lives in the Council of Elders building

He doesn't, he lives in his own house at Valderon Plaza in the Council district. I can only assume that you dislodged the lighting problems you and Reena had with the house. Wink

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
04-29-2005, 06:41 PM,

The story work is from Razorwing, so the honour goes to him actually.

I will correct the "he lives in the council..." thing Big Grin
[Image: lhc.gif]
04-29-2005, 07:24 PM,

I stand corrected and my apologies to Razorwing. Excellent work

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.