Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few Q's
10-04-2006, 04:53 AM,

[shakes head]

You didn't finish reading my post. Check the link. They moved Hammerfell to a new world space, and have an in-game map working in it.
10-07-2006, 09:12 PM,

This is very disapointing, the supposed leaders of group modding, who support many many landmass mods, care not that they do not have the ability to add an in-game map, and when someone comes by telling them how they can get an in-game map to work, they pass it by.
10-07-2006, 09:24 PM,

No, it just isn't the top priority at this time. We will get that info when we need it (it won't vanish overnight), but we don't have an infinite of time on our hands to do everything all at once. It isn't really an urgent issue requiring the utmost attention at the moment, but if you would to research it, by all means.
10-07-2006, 09:45 PM,

The Old Ye Bard thinks he knows how they did it, I'm waiting for confirmation though. Smile
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
10-07-2006, 10:03 PM,

Just for the record, it DOES replace the Cyrodiil map, it expands the map, and probably a script detects if the player is in a world space, and puts the location marker of the world map on the corresponding spot on the map.
10-07-2006, 10:06 PM,

It replaces the map, but I don't think there's a script.
10-08-2006, 12:28 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Oht_Nought
This is very disapointing, the supposed leaders of group modding, who support many many landmass mods, care not that they do not have the ability to add an in-game map, and when someone comes by telling them how they can get an in-game map to work, they pass it by.

I'm afraid that it DOES replace the Cyrodiil map, and the reason no one answers is because no one has the answer.
10-08-2006, 01:07 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Quote:Originally posted by Oht_Nought

I'm afraid that it DOES replace the Cyrodiil map, and the reason no one answers is because no one has the answer.
Yes, but you should be able to see Cyrodiil AND Hammerfell (or any new province) on the map.
10-08-2006, 01:30 AM,

None of your are listening, or trully understand the issue at hand.

It was previously thought that the only way to get a new map into the game was to replace the cyrodiil_resized.dds file, so the game used the one you put in the textures/menus/world/map folder instead.

All attempts thus far by this mod and other mods have proved that once you change the directory or file name in 'World->WorldSpaces' in the CS caused the in-game map to disapear.

So, what everyone is not grabbing onto here, is that TR's beta release does not just replace the cyrodiil_resized.dds file in the textures directory; they have accessed a new map through the CS and pointed the in-game map to a new file. Yes, the world-space is the Tamriel world space, but they have done what no other mod has done, which is point the in-game map file to a different file and have it work in-game. Also, what people have been ignoring which is another big thing, is that they have added an in-game map to Hammerfell which is in its own world space, and it works in-game (apparent in the link to their screenshots in my previous post).

They obviously know something that other mods don't, including this one, does not know. It amazes me that TR is this little nich mod, while ST and BC are a huge mod presence, yet TR is doing so many things that other mods haven't touched.

I've offered solutions to this mods inability to get an in-game map to function (like have RW contact Noirgrim), but I've been ignored or people just don't know what they are talking about and have passed me off like 'I' don't know what I'm talking about.. which is not the case by a long shot.
10-08-2006, 01:55 AM,

We're not ignoring you, I've asked Noirgrim to post what he did here, but you can't expect an instant answer to everything you ask.