Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Akavir Mod Plans?
01-06-2010, 07:01 PM,

Well, how do I use Billboard? I have never used speed tree before and am not quite sure how it works. On the other hand, the progress I am making is considerable. That is to say maybe twice as fast as I anticipated. Last night I generated a forest with a bamboo mesh I have (not the speed tree one) and almost every square foot had several bamboo stalks. Looked real cool but took forever to generate and load. The FPS strangely enough didn't even stutter. I don't think such extremes are good idea yet. I would also like an idea as to the topography of the island as well, i.e. where are different geographical features etc.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
01-07-2010, 02:07 AM,

billboards are really quite easy.
every spt file you add to the tree file must be mirrored by a billboard texture file.

ie. under your data\trees folder, you might have an akavirtrees folder with the bamboo spts. lets say we have a spt file called bamboo1.

now in the data\textures\trees\billboards folder, you need a folder called akavirtrees and within it, you need the billboard texture file with bamboo1 for its name. and you do this for every spt file you come across.

the folder i sent should have a billboard with it so that could be used for whatever spts i gave you. also, i hope you considered the bamboo undergrowth grass file that was also included.

btw, i think you're on the right track on keeping an eye on FPS and bamboo.
01-07-2010, 04:23 AM,

I didn't notice the under brush that's real cool, I also hadn't noticed the new ground textures (obviously also a friend of Filter Forge). The one thing I noticed, however, was there is no billboard file in the stuff you sent me. You must have forgotten to pack those. I can't do any region editing until I get those. Luckily, I have an crap load of other things I have to do in the meantime.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
01-07-2010, 02:29 PM,

all the texture work was done by Ra.

i just do cs stuff.

sent you the missing textures.
01-07-2010, 09:44 PM,

Exile, the link you sent me gives me an error message.

Edit:

Okay got it.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
01-14-2010, 07:34 AM,

I'm done generating the Landscape. Of course some work can be done to create unique locations. I don't know how to create LOD and stuff. Until then I'm not sure what to do next.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
01-14-2010, 11:14 AM,

perhaps we could draw up a region plan?pick a place to start building eventually?
01-14-2010, 06:06 PM,

OK.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
01-15-2010, 03:45 AM,

do you have any screen shots that you could use as teaser material? maybe set up a submission on tes nexus with a few pics ?

or is it considered unprofessional to set up one of those submission pages without a download?
01-15-2010, 06:17 AM,

Pics ahoy!

Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.