Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any activity on ST:Morrowind?
05-11-2006, 01:14 AM,
Any activity on ST:Morrowind?
I saw that some of the archive threads had claim activity as recently as a couple of months ago, so I was wondering if there was still a small, yet stupid task that I could do or help with to get my feet wet. As for my modding background, if you've seen the vast background of tibmaker, think of me as the exact opposite. Big Grin But I have a nice machine and I'm between projects at the moment. As for "Why not Oblivion?", I installed MW at the end of February and was totally submerged in it and the two expansion packs for the next two months. Then I discovered the mods.-) In an effort to preserve my marriage, I'm not buying Oblivion for a while.

And getting hold of a Silgrad Tower ESP later than the one in silgrad_tower_release_1-4_3_full.7z would be very cool as well. Big Grin

Thanks,
Steve
05-11-2006, 01:18 AM,

I have a job if you want it.

Its dull labor though

Anyway, I was the last person working on the silgrad add-on. But, even though I still have the plug itself, my harddrive crashed and I lost all the files.

If I send you the plug, would you want to track down the models and textures from the models (sheikizza armor, loincloth, carnithus) and then make them into the mod?

If so, tell, and Ill send you the file

Then Ill FINALLY be done with it!
05-11-2006, 01:29 AM,

It's nice to see that there is still a bit of interest in the old mod. Smile

We don't really support it any longer, aside from keeping it downloadable, and there is no organized development on it. BUT, there is some, I think... and Harikari is involved in that, and possibly Zarkis was as well at one point. Personally I like the fact that we pretty much cut off development on it after Oblivion was released, because it meant that we could stop worrying about all the little bugs that were unfortunately still in it once and for all. Plus, it felt nice not to have to apologize to outsiders for other modders old mistakes.

I had qualms about Oblivion early on, but the more I've worked in the CS the more I appreciate all the little improvements it has over the TES3 Construction Set. I can't honestly say that modding is more fun now than it was when I started two years ago, but it's fun enough to keep me occupied and I bet that as our mod grows and expands it will start to become more and more fun.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-11-2006, 01:41 AM,

Harikari: I am dull personified. In fact a FedEx quest like this would be a great intro to the whole modding experience, I think. I presume that everything is out there somewhere on the Web and I just need to gather.-) My email is: sacarrow<at>hotmail.com.

Razorwing: I totally understand where you're coming from. We're wrapping up a work project that I just want to be DONE! But ST is a truly impressive mod, and although there's a lot that will never be completed, it'd be cool to actually get into Dumac once. =)

Thanks,
Steve
05-11-2006, 01:49 AM,

Ill gather up all the names of items and send it to you tomorrow then!
05-29-2006, 02:31 PM,

Harikari,

I have a first cut of your ESP ready now. Drop me a line via PM or email; at almost 2M, I don't want to send it until you're expecting it.-)

Thanks,
Steve
05-29-2006, 02:46 PM,
Activity
Hey Steve

I'm lost
what is it your working on for TES3 ?

Thanks
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
05-29-2006, 03:13 PM,

Sorry 'bout that,

Just before you revived this forum, I was asking if anyone had something small & stupid to work on with TES3 to give me some initial CS practice. Harikari was working on a dungeon addition to ST:TES3, but needed someone to do the work involved to separate new resources from the original plugins so that the addition could be merged into ST:TES3 Mark Two.-) I just finished a 7Z archive that completes that job (I hope.-).

What I was thinking about attempting next was to take care of a couple of peeves I have with ST:TES3 which would give me more CS practice:
- Integrating ZX's Dumac ruin with ST:TES3,
- Fixing the "slave-freeing" script(s) tendency to go into infinte loops.

I figure after that I might be ready to attempt something remotely original Smile

Of course, as The Man on this project, your input is most welcome Big Grin

Thanks,
Steve
05-29-2006, 05:45 PM,
Activity
Hey Steve
Thank you

Right now my input is mushmellow, I'm still trying to catch up with all the info here and then of course my move is not going great.

regardless of any of that, please continue on with what your doing
and at some point I'll catch up

press on (some people say that)

and thanks very much

Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
05-29-2006, 05:50 PM,

By the way, because of my dungeon, the continent of silgrad has stretche farther west, opening up claims for cells that people can freely work on (hint hint)