Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Architecture] Chapel of Khenarthi
09-13-2007, 06:01 AM,

take me to your leader, take me to your leader

:lmao:

Tongue thx so much ok I read the lore and i think that in time I could get the hang of things, but ur more lore wise than me so if u make idea threads that would help me develop more lore friendly concepts that would be great, I have great skills in making armor and weapons too, i did post an armor and weapon idea hope u like I hope to see them made :O that would rock :bananarock:

sorry about the bananas I just can't help it Big Grin
Dance in the fire
09-14-2007, 12:26 AM,

Haha... We have far fewer modelers at the moment than we did, only Shewter really and he's preoccupied with the tilesets, but we hope to change that shortly.

We've got your art, Orcrest (WIP), shewter's tileset (Used in orcrest, WIP), Rimmen, Cogindbus's epic of Golcat and some desert detail shots, once all are done, we can do an impactful recruitment thread.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
03-25-2008, 12:40 PM,

I know there was no definite decision on which concept to use, but I took the initiative and went ahead and modelled a quick version of this based on a slightly squarer version of my own concept (im such a narcissist Tongue).

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j18/ll...temple.jpg

This has been pretty simple to model so far so any changes can be made pretty easily. Textures soon Big Grin

Enjjoy

Edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
03-25-2008, 12:49 PM,
Nice
Cool llamaranger,nice modell.
03-25-2008, 12:59 PM,

thanks senten. a quick query to those "in charge". would it be advisable for me to use slighty modified versions of shewters ocrest textures on this chapel/temple for continuity sakes?

Edd

EDIT: oh im just full of ideas today, how close to other buildings would this temple be? as if it was built early on in the life of the city and other LC/MC buildings spring up around it, it may be possibble to have roof access from other buildings (wooden) plus a sort of makeshift wood scaffold that leads to the platform about mid-way up on my concept, i.e. that the platforms on the tower have been added later so are wooden, rather than made of expensive stone?
03-25-2008, 01:55 PM,

Excellent! :goodjob:

The desert nations often use combinations of squares and circles as they work together in contrast so well, and the obelisks at the corners arer very well balanced ... Khenarthi will be proud of Her Temple.

I hope you are going to restore the decorative aspects with your original winding design and such through texturing?

I did like your original , but felt it was asking for something more - this model has an imposing grandeur and the feeling of wide open spaces ...

:bow:
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
03-25-2008, 07:33 PM,

some of the textures done... the ruby obelisks are just place holder tex's and im prepared to redo the upper floor texture if it turns out it is too low res..

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j18/ll...arthi2.jpg

Edd
03-25-2008, 07:39 PM,

Ohhh, rubies. I looked at the picture before reading, I thought Khenarthi demands sacrifices be impaled on the obelisks. :eek:

I like the design, it would look like it would fit in very well with the desert, but I can't help but think there should be something that the wind effects. I mean, something like a windmill, after all wind can be very powerful, just ask anyone caught in a sandstorm. Wink
03-25-2008, 07:41 PM,

I was thinking a huge windmill/wind-chime type thing for the interior of the tower (only visible from the inside).

Edd
03-25-2008, 07:54 PM,

Sweet, wind-chimes are a good idea. Would it be possible to set it up to play a sound between random intervals?