Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Architecture in Silgrad City
08-01-2006, 02:49 PM,
Architecture in Silgrad City
Hlaalu got building contract for Silgrad City, so it's ok that's 90%+ of buildings in the city are Hlaalu architecture.
But as SC is ruled by council - which has elders from all the factions, this elders should live (at least part of the time) in the city. Would Redoran Elder live in Hlaalu mansion?
So the question is: should all the buildings be Hlaalu? or mansion of elders will represent their own architecture? or even each elder will live in a mini-district with 2-3 buildings of their own architecture?
08-01-2006, 03:00 PM,

well Velothi is the traditional style, it represents tradition, piousness, and beauty found in simplicity
so i think the Velothi style should be used for the Councilors and also for some of the older buildings?

EDIT:
by the way, Velothi homes are smaller, more compact, and also plainer than Hlaalu homes.. though they are similar, Hlaalu homes use more corkbulb and wood inside than Velothi, and are suaully less durable than Velothi which can last thousands upon thousands of years
08-01-2006, 03:00 PM,
RE: Architecture in Silgrad City
I like the idea of the mini-districts.
Perhaps only for the more powerful councillors.

EDIT
I like the idea of KuKulzA.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-01-2006, 03:02 PM,

what about the buildings outside of the walls? (a small few)
I think those should be Redoran style buildings
08-01-2006, 03:15 PM,

idea about Redoran buildings outside the walls - yeah, why not Smile

idea of mini-districts: what councilors that should be?
council consists of:
1. Lord Valderon (ex-Redoran), as he's High Councilor, he will prefer Hlaalu building to show that he's no more Redoran. Or maybe Imperial as sign of Imperial protectorate?

2. Goldar Valen (Hlaalu) - Hlaalu of course

3. Grathras Vort (Telvanni) - hmm, Vvardenfell team is working on Telvanni architecture? Though Telvanni are far from SC, they do not have big power in SC.

4. Kashi Mantas (Redoran) - Redoran of course. In Lore article on forum: she's opted to build a Redoran manor outside of town instead

5. Master Tedyne Salvi (Dunmer Temple) - have living quarters at Temple

6. Richeard Bleau (Silgrad Guardians) - main barracks or his own Hlaalu house.

7. Duke Oram Hlaalo (King Helseth). He was born as Hlaalu. His representative should live in Hlaalu building?

My opinion is that 1 and 4 and 7 should have their mini-districts (separated by walls and heavily guarded in this time of troubles)

what do you guys think?

By the way, Temple...we don't have Temple model...or we should use the one from Soluthis?
08-01-2006, 03:29 PM,

alright whatever... a predominantly Redoran city, rebuilt in Hlaalu... with a Velothi landmark tower... Rolleyes
such a weird city... if I was a Redoran I'd want to tear it all down and make it Redoran style :banana:
I think bits of Velothi and Redoran like walls and such should be ticking out of the ground here and there especially in the back alleys and stuff... just to show how the old city was ruined and slipshod Hlaalu contractors made the new city but didn't clear ALL the rubble...
08-01-2006, 03:58 PM,
RE: Architecture in Silgrad City
Quote:Originally posted by HeIsTheDarkness
Would Redoran Elder live in Hlaalu mansion?

The Redoran Councillor, Kashi Mantas, lives in a Redoran-style mansion outside of town (as the lore article you referenced in your later post mentions). Her mansion neighbours Deepen Meadows, being modded by FLESH, and became part of his claim (-link-). Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-01-2006, 03:58 PM,

I think there should be mini-districts for each of the councilors that can be found on the outskirts of the city, kind of like what the Imperial city has going with the arcane sanctum and prison.
08-02-2006, 12:01 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
alright whatever... a predominantly Redoran city, rebuilt in Hlaalu... with a Velothi landmark tower... Rolleyes
such a weird city... if I was a Redoran I'd want to tear it all down and make it Redoran style :banana:
I think bits of Velothi and Redoran like walls and such should be ticking out of the ground here and there especially in the back alleys and stuff... just to show how the old city was ruined and slipshod Hlaalu contractors made the new city but didn't clear ALL the rubble...

Hmm.. Do I get the impression you're not entirely happy with they way the city's developing? Wink

People generally care more about that fact that an impressive building is in a city than who built it. Look at Istanbul and the Hagia Sophia. Now that was built by the Byzantine empire but I would guess any Turkish local would feel proud to list it in the landmarks of the city. Once a church and now a mosque and hardly touched in the conversion. That shows the pride of the locals in a building that not only wasn't built by them, but was also built by an opposing faith.

Perhaps Silgrad isn't as strange as you think.

I really like your idea about having ruined architecture hidden away around the city btw. Perhaps a few catacombs hidden away would provide a lot of oppertunity for adventure within the city?
03-24-2007, 03:20 PM,

if you want to have elders living in the city it would be a very complicated culture as some factions go against aone another think hlaalu and redoran or the fighters giuld and the blackwood company to have such elders in the city would be a silly thing to do if you want to include elders into the game then why not take it to a whole new level and create a whole new city for the major factions or possibly strongholds or fortresses this would emphasis the difference between the factions rather than have them all friendly and happy living literally on each others doorsteps im not saying create a whole new city for everyone but consider whichc factions are allied and which are enemies if you take this into consideration then you could have the fighters and mages giuld fortress blended into each other and place the elders there
however this is just a suggestion if you would like to make this mod about 10 times larger than it already is