• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armors of Black Marsh
04-09-2007, 03:46 AM,
Armors of Black Marsh
I'll update the concept art as they come
[TITLE]ARMORS[/TITLE]

Light

Hist-resin Armor (concept 1)
- Made from leaves and hist-resin. It is a hated practice as it requires the death of a Hist to get enough of the right kind of sap. It is very very strong and Very rare.
Hist-vine Armor
- This is a special armor a Hist may bestow upon an Argonian, living vines protect the wearer and grant regeneration, strong but also best because of its regeneration. Very Rare.
Durzog-hide Armor
- Tough armor made from the hide of these tough animals
Barnacle Armor
- Similar to newtscale, though stronger, less durable and made of resin-glued barnacles
Alligator-skin Armor / Crocodile-skin Armor (concept 1)
- Light, tough and durable alligator leather, heavy for a light armor
- Not better nor worse than alligator, just different coloration, a little heavier than alligator
Rattan Armor
- Light armor made from cured and hardened weave of vines
Sapbark Armor
- Bark hardened by sap, very strong but also brittle, so less durability
Rush-Weave Armor
- A light and fragile, easily disposable armor, common in marshes
Newtscale Armor
- A good and popular armor for warriors and adventurers
Salamander Armor
- Tougher than newtscale in all respects, made from giant salamanders
Tapir-hide Armor (concept 1)
- A very tough armor and durable, popular with jungle tribes, not as heavy as gator/croc. The tough Tapir hide is used to cover the chest and gut as well as upper legs. Long gone native tribes used boot/moccasins. The Helm is made from the hide of a young tapir and its skull boiled and warped to fit the wearer's head. The shield is made from Tapir-hide as well
Rhino-hide Armor (concept 1)
- Similar to tapir hide but much tougher and heavier
Bestial Armor
- A mix-match of tough animal parts, common with tribes, with scales and bones
Steel-crescent Armor
- Salvaged iron is shaped into light crescents for a strong but small protection
Bamboo Armor (2 variants)
- Used often by southern Velothi, bamboo is durable and decent
Wasp-chitin Armor
- This is used only by nobles who have private hives of giant wasps
Velothi Rain Armor
- This is as much a rain coat as a thick weave of reeds and bamboo
Frontier Soldier Armor
- Light and serviceable, main protection from neck guard and plate on the gut
Royal Agent Armor
- A light armor of padded cloth, durable, but not that strong, only agents are allowed to have this special uniform

Camouflage
This ?armor? really gives very little protection. However it greatly boosts sneaking ability (when in sneak mode) depending on the region. It is also wondrously light. So if you are a very confident guerilla, going with only camouflage could be a good idea. It doesn?t work in cities only in the wilderness.
Parchlands Camouflage
- Parchland weeds and thorns and muddy cloth
Jungle Camouflage
- Netting with leaves and browns, greens, and yellows
Blackwood Camouflage
- A very dull and dark green colored cloth with some dull feathers
Marshlands Camouflage
- Rotten leaves and yellows and greens with some browns
Mangrove Camouflage
- All browns and grays with speckled greens and yellows.
(These disguises are nice but you need to have an extremely high sneak. However while you are in sneak mode, depending on your health, you will not be detected by these creatures. If you are unhealthy or diseases they?ll smell it and shy away from you. It works like camo, just a sneak bonus)
Deer Disguise
Boar Disguise
Tapir Disguise

Heavy
Dres Bonemold
- This is the House warrior armor of the Dres
Turtle Armor (concept)
- This is durable and heavy armor made from turtle shells and skull. The thick, heavy, water-proof turtle hide is used for the 'greaves' and 'cuirass' sections of the armor. The design is light but the material sheavy, this allows for freer movement despite the weight. Shell plates are used instead of an entire shel for the front and back to allow more flexibility. There are 2 variations of helms and 2 shields.
Caiman-bone Armor
- A somewhat ligher heavy armor made from Caiman bones
Kothri Scale Armor
- Very strong and durable heavy armor, not all that heavy
Black Marsh Legion Armor (concept 1 2)
- A heavy scale armor, lighter than Legion armors in other provinces. Made with thin steel plates and scales. While it has a light design, its material is heavy, but because of the amlount of metal and the design it ends up being as light as it's intended.
Lilmoth Royal Infantry Armor
- Some of the strongest heavy armor of Black Marsh, only Lilmoth guards and troops are allowed to have this
04-10-2007, 11:27 PM,

i've been updating this with concept art, if anyone else would like to pitch in concept art, feel free!
04-12-2007, 09:10 AM,

will do... as for the hist armor, perhaps some will allow for telepathy or telekenisis... the amount of mysticism involved in the hist is phenominal.. it would be excelling for the inhabitants to take advantage of that

Black Marsh Legion Armor
- A heavy scale armor, lighter than Legion armors in other provinces. Made with thin steel plates and scales. While it has a light design, its material is heavy, but because of the amlount of metal and the design it ends up being as light as it's intended.

well, i didn't realize that the concept after the armor was a button, so i started drawing and picked that one halfway through it... but it's made of large naga scale... snake like. anyway,tell me what you think regardless...

i suck at this but...
04-12-2007, 10:19 AM,

Rhino-hide Armor
- Similar to tapir hide but much tougher and heavier
04-12-2007, 09:26 PM,

nice of you to return Cruxvader

the Legion armor you made doesn;t look like something that'd come out of Imperial armories though it looks cool... as for the rhino-hide the idea is cool, but I don't think a large horn on your head is practical in Black Mash... try looking at old Chinese rhnio-hide armors if you can find any pictures, and tha'll give you some idea of what is a more practical use of rhino hige i think

all in all though I like the creativity and keepit up. So glad you return
04-12-2007, 09:37 PM,

dwermer helmet wasn't much smaller
04-12-2007, 09:43 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by cruxvader
dwermer helmet wasn't much smaller
the Dwemer helm is maybe half its size...

but seriously let's think about it...

you are an Argonian warrior...
prowling along the edges of the Parchlands (tropical savannah) with your spear and your rhino-hide armor... but though you are a great sneaker... a Legionnaire spots you from 400 meters away cause you have a 2/3 meter tall horn on your head...

but a Dwemer warrior, marching in firm regiments, engaging peopl ein field combat... its a very different scenario...
it wouldn't make sense to be too heavy or too noticeable especially if the way you fight is based on hit-and-run, ambush, guerilla tactics, etc.

cool idea but we need to think of practicality here... remember Argonians are very different from humans and elves.. they come from a totally different background and perspective. Its almost by default their bodies are different and their culture is extremely different. And in a more directly affecting level, their style of warfare is not like the West.
05-20-2007, 03:04 PM,

Turtle Armor added...

[Image: turtlyng3.jpg]
06-06-2007, 11:40 PM,

Very nice! I could draw some in my spare time. I am good at heavy armor...
I spend most of my time drawing Adeptus Astarties Power Armor(W40k), so I should be o.k. at it Tongue
Boba Fett and Argonian fan!
06-07-2007, 10:44 PM,

These armors sound awsome.