Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artifact of Khenarthi
08-31-2006, 12:37 PM,
Artifact of Khenarthi
Alright folks, We need one Artifact of Khenarthi.

Khenarthi is the Khajiit version of Kynareth, and made an artifact, which she hid, and Nirni stole, yada yada yada, check out the Literature section for more...

It can be anything which could help someone survive in the desert, a powerful weapon, or something as mundane as a canteen which never goes dry...

Whatever we come up with here will be written into the Cat that Walks Alone.
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?
08-31-2006, 08:05 PM,
RE: Artifact of Khenarthi
How about a staff that controls the weather? Something that can make it clear or rain or whatever you want. After all, Kynareth is the god of the sky.
08-31-2006, 08:52 PM,
well.. though Aedra didnt have artifacts.. well.. Confusedhrug:
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
08-31-2006, 09:18 PM,

Well, we had Talos' armor... But that was before he was a Divine. (Right?)

The Divine can obviously do things (Blessings and Prayers), but I'm not sure about artifacts. I was thinking it might lead the player to thinking it was a powerful enchantment or something, but it turns out to be an alter with powerful effects that can only be used, say, once a week?
08-31-2006, 09:40 PM,

The alter sounds good to me.

08-31-2006, 10:16 PM,

Howdy

An Artifact is basically just something old...

It does not have to have powers
It doesn't have to be a weapon or armour

However:

Typically in the gaming world you find artifacts linked to some specific event in history or to someone who has risen to great powers

It would only make sense that any of the 9 divines or other god figures, would have a "item" of some type linked to them or an event which they took particular interest in

These items may have been created by or for the divine/god figure for a purpose or as a gift

They should be difficult to obtain more so than what I've seen in MW (it was pretty easy to get some of them)

They should be well protected

Just my thoughts Smile
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
08-31-2006, 10:59 PM,
Quote:Originally posted by Krisi-_
well.. though Aedra didn't have artifacts.. well.. Confusedhrug:

One could argue otherwise... Considering the rewards for some Imperial Cult quests in Morrowind. Granted, I understand you didn't play MW, right? If not, easy oversight.
Your monkeys dance on the Tower and the stars change and you do not remember.
09-01-2006, 01:05 AM,

According to the Imperial Creation Myth, the Aedra didn't leave any artifacts, but the same may not be true from other cultural versions.

How about some sort of divining rod? them sticks that supposedly find water? it could point the player in the direction of the nearest oasis when equipped.

I agree that whatever it is should be well protected. how about some vague desert landmark descriptions to get the player on the right track?

09-01-2006, 01:09 AM,

I suppose I just assumed that the various enchanted clothes you get from the avatars in Morrowind could be considered aedric artifacts.
Your monkeys dance on the Tower and the stars change and you do not remember.
09-01-2006, 02:01 PM,

indeed no Morrowind playing..

Quote:I suppose I just assumed that the various enchanted clothes you get from the avatars in Morrowind could be considered aedric artifacts.

you say what they are... and Avatars.. what avatars.. ? I wouldnt mind a site who had all text(dialogue) of Morrowind and Oblivion.. (or even later back...)

and well... not all old things are considered Artifacts..

Quote:Wiki
An object, such as a tool, weapon or ornament, of archaeological or historical interest.

And yes.. I trust the Wiki on that one..

Quote:Wiki
in the fantasy genre, is usually a magical object with such great power that it cannot be duplicated or destroyed by ordinary means.
well I know TES isnt most fantasy(thank god!) but I'm quite sure that applies..

Quote:Captain
Right?

right...

Quote:bob196045
It would only make sense that any of the 9 divines or other god figures, would have a "item" of some type linked to them or an event which they took particular interest in

well.. just to say.. in Oblivon you get told that the 9 divines dont have artifacts.. as Martin dont figure how to get the blood of a Divine.. he have to get the old armor of Tiber.. (and yeah blood = artifact..)
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.