Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashunor Valley [Claimed]
09-01-2007, 03:44 AM,

Thx. In the region editor how do I zoom out to see all the cells that need to be marked? I tried mouse wheel zoom but that doesn't go out as far as I need it to.

Also it looks like my region is going to run into StSteadhelmRegionWeather, but I doubt that matters because it looks like its (duh) just weather.

Thx again for your support. Smile
When another person makes you suffer, it is because he suffers deeply within himself, and his suffering is spilling over. He does not need punishment; he needs help.
09-01-2007, 07:14 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by GaminMan
Thx. In the region editor how do I zoom out to see all the cells that need to be marked? I tried mouse wheel zoom but that doesn't go out as far as I need it to.

You shouldn't need to zoom out all the way, you should be able to select a point on the region area then move your mouse to the next one. Other than that, moving around on the grid should give you a good impression of how it looks.

Also it looks like my region is going to run into StSteadhelmRegionWeather, but I doubt that matters because it looks like its (duh) just weather.

It does look like there's a single column of cells within your region, avoid it for now.

EDIT: On the heightmap, the region isn't really affected by that column as it's mostly underwater. You should be able to get away without it, but we'll have a look at it

Thx again for your support. Smile

It's not a problem. Smile
09-02-2007, 03:07 PM,

K, I found how to sroll around the area :checkSadspacebar) but I guess I'll wait for a decision on the cell conflict issue.

EDIT: Would it be legit for me to copy the data from another region then edit my region to be unique, and if so which region should be used for that?

Thx,
GaminMan
When another person makes you suffer, it is because he suffers deeply within himself, and his suffering is spilling over. He does not need punishment; he needs help.
09-03-2007, 09:13 AM,

I don't think so. First of all, there is a risk of contamination and second of all I don't know which region looks like ashunor valley.
The tutorial above says of using a 6*6 grid as testing area, so you may want to use that.

BTW: you can move with the scroll of your mouse in the region map.
09-03-2007, 02:32 PM,

EDIT: Would it be legit for me to copy the data from another region then edit my region to be unique, and if so which region should be used for that?

It would be best if you created your own. The Ashunor Valley is different from most other regions in the mod.
09-03-2007, 03:52 PM,

Ok, just wanted to clear that up. BTW: For some reason my middle mouse button doesn't pan and its a 7-button logitech X(

Edit 2007.09.04 06:13: On adding objects to the object list (in region editor) w/o them becoming "child" objects.

So far I've been able to add 8 objects, all individual, and then it turns to s@&$. I can't add any more obects without them becoming another objects child. I read a page on TES:CS Wiki that told me exactly how to make parent and child objects, which obviously is not a problem.

Any tips would be appreciated. :yes:
09-04-2007, 04:48 AM,

I've never had that problem, I've usually been able to just drag it to the very bottom-left corner.
09-04-2007, 01:56 PM,

On adding objects to the object list (in region editor) w/o them becoming "child" objects.

So far I've been able to add 8 objects, all individual, and then it turns to s@&$. I can't add any more obects without them becoming another objects child. I read a page on TES:CS Wiki that told me exactly how to make parent and child objects, which obviously is not a problem.

Any tips would be appreciated. :yes:

I know what you mean, but its possible to have more than 8 parent objects. Its not easy to achieve this, but dragging the items to the leftbottom corner could help this.
09-04-2007, 06:36 PM,

Ahhhhhh, much better.
Thanks guys :goodjob: now I should be able to get the test cell out soon.

Edit 2007.09.05 22:37: I tried to generate my region (Ashunor Valley) with 2 worldwide textures and about 10-12 radius texures plus 8-9 rocks and 10-15 trees. After 3 hours it was still at the 2nd bar (must be around 50 bars total). This could be because of an error within the CS but its obvious the generation could take quite a while, so if you had a really nice comp. (better than dual-core, 1gig ram) that could really be a help:yes:

EDIT: Actually that's probably 4 Ww text. 20 radius text. 20-25 rocks and 30-40 trees. Sorry.
Oh! It was only a 6x6 cell.?(
09-05-2007, 10:43 PM,

Oh! It was only a 6x6 cell.?(

That's right... You can't generate the whole region until after the preset has been merged. There's technical reasons for this. You are supposed to generate a sample 6*6 area (which is deleted later) so we know how it will look, not the whole region.

Please upload what you have so I can have a look. If you have saved, it will probably be a large file, if that is the case, upload it to a free file sharing site like rapidshare.com.

Any generated objects will all have to be removed.