Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asset Distribution
03-24-2007, 05:20 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard
How come I don't have access? I'm a BC leader :eek:

Yes? We don't have access to your private board(s) either?

The only project that has any interest in the models we want to protect is the Vvardenfell team, and we're discussing a solution with them.

Quote:Originally posted by kingevil
Do claims for the BC projects count ?

No.

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
does stuff in the past count? also, is CA a promtable category?

Yes, absolutely. Nakanja's work on the TES3 mod counted.

I'm not sure what the term CA means but any kind of tangible work counts. Modding, modelling, texturing, voice acting, sound/music scoring, creating concept art, writing books, and things of that nature.

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Claims that say you need the latest ESM on the source are outdated. Now we will mod with the public ESM, which has everything, but with low-quality models.

Insanity
I'm pretty sure everything we need for dumac is in there, unless we need more than the dwemer tileset at the moment. I'm sure if there's a model that is ONLY available in the private ESM, and has NO counterpart in the public version, the admins will either a) let you have the private version, or b) just give you the assets

Yes, exactly like that :yes:

The main esm has quite a few entries in the CS lists for models that aren't distributed with the public version, simply because they don't happen to be used in the world in the public release. That's true with the Hlaalu tileset, the shack models, the Dwemer tileset, and a few other cases. They're 'protected by omission' so to speak because they don't have any bearing on the playing experience, and so protecting them with low-poly replacements can be done when one has oodles of time before next release - and when one has time enough to map them more carefully. They will be send to the modders on the team who need them, anything other than that would be madness. Smile

black[/hr]
Edited by Razorwing August 26th 2008.
Thread moved from the "Tavern" board to the archive. Since this discussion took place we decided to continue our development in closed beta stage.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]