Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Authorization Required-Project Glory-Public Version
02-24-2008, 01:25 AM,
Authorization Required-Project Glory-Public Version
Dear Silgrad Team, I would like to apologize for the lack of an email before, I have been busy building my beta, not the final release, and deflect licensing slander from people other than mod authors.

I would just like to officially ask for permission and to invite you to eventually join the Project Glory Team or to just have permission to include Silgrad Tower Public version. Please know that I have not modified any of your work other than naming conventions for 200+ mods(esps) however your
mod name is still kept including version number. I have included a copy of the credits file to show that I did take more than 3 days to try to write full credit. Also know that I hold no control over your files, as soon as a update/new version is released I attempt to add it to Project Glory Asap.

I really hope I am allowed to include you in this compilation package. I have pre-screened everything(including credits.txt) through APY and Planetelderscrolls.com who has authority to distribute, however I still wanted to ask you.

I look forward to helping give your mod more exposure and I look forward to working with you directly.

Sorry APY I had to quote you..
"I don't really see any other problems here, either. Just note that no matter how big the project is, I will have to take it down if there are any copyright complaints. But I think you took care of that Smile"

Please understand I hold no control over any of your files, the only thing limiting myself from doing proper updates is I am the only one on the team Project Glory at the momement. Any Modder may join.
My dream is to have as much unofficial Oblivion in my game as possible, I just decided to share what I have going thanks to modders with everyone.
Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Please understand it was Silgrad Tower that inspired me to attempt such a feat, I have yet to be called something other than a failure.

Do you want me as a Team member, I can act as an official or unofficial Silgrad Tower Marketing/Distribution Agent?

Please look at MY portfolio available here: Project Glory Beta1
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/Vi...il&id=4010

Understand I just put all this together on Feb22(Beta Release and website supporting it on Planetelderscrolls.com) and started it no more than 4 weeks ago. I have worked professionally as a beta tester(For Wavecom/Vcom/finally now known as Vecima Inc). I am also willing to be bound by any needed Non-disclosure agreements.

Right now I am working on the Licensing.txt, and after that I will post a rar
with all readmes included availible predownload.

I am now wellknown to Planetelderscrolls.com, Fileplanet, and Ign.com by virtue of they are the parent company to Planetelderscrolls.com, and Fileplanet.com

Sincerely, Graem C. aka TheModGod
Please note, available to Silgrad.com upon request. Project Glory Beta1.rar(full public release) as well as all the original install packages I used to build my package.

I learned how to do almost all of this in the last month.
I just need atleast one modder to support my efforts. I shall also modify any files to suit Silgrad.com and Team members. However I do not make mods, I believe there are far more qualified individuals than myself. I am simply trying to set the bar for Bethesda since I spent more than $1500 to get this heap working. I am also comptia A+, Network+ and Server+ certified however I just act as a computer technition at the moment.

I would really enjoy being considered a Silgrad Team Member! So to show that everyone should try this mod, Project Glorification was launched. I personally think that Silgrad.com's action help to set the bar higher for Elder scrolls Five.

Sorry to Quote the Silgrad Tower Readme.
"If someone wants to use our assets we would like them to become part of the team instead. We have a history of giving a wide berth to modders who come to us and wants to work together with us on their own pet projects, and they enjoy substantial freedom in the framework of the Silgrad Tower team. Not to mention access to helpful teammembers whom holds expertise in a wide area of the realm of modding, and whom all work towards the same goal. That's what is so great about being in a team, there's always someone there who knows more than you do about something who can help you out when you get stuck, and you may know more about something than he does, and so everyone has a good time and gets to see their creative dreams fulfilled in our massive, sprawling lands. The writer of this very readme was in the same place three years ago as any new modder in the team is. I'm still here, and having more fun than ever. Give our team a chance and I'm sure it will grow on you the same way it has on me."
Creator and First Team member to Project Glory Beta1
Hopefully many more team members to come!
02-24-2008, 02:47 PM,

TheModGod,

There is always room for those wishing to help work on the mod. What aspects are you most interested in working on?

About project glory - you should definitely have asked before releasing the archive containing silgrad tower assets, I dont know how the Silgrad Tower core will react to this, and I cannot speak for them. Its possible they will ask you to remove it, though I dont know.

But as far as actually helping create the mod, jump aboard. There are plenty of claims to take up, and even helping with ideas for quests and the like is crucial to helping give the mod a great atmosphere.

Just take a deeper look into the forums and see what takes your fancy.
02-24-2008, 07:44 PM,

We are always looking for help, so if you wanted to contribute you can go right ahead and do so and pick up a modding claim.

However, we aren't currently letting other modders or teams of modders use our resources so we'd appreciate it if you would take them out of your mod compilation. See our mod FAQ.

(At least, I'm 99% sure all of us in the core would agree on that)
02-24-2008, 11:14 PM,
RE: Authorization Required-Project Glory-Public Version
I was looking at more the beta testing aspect of it all.
Silgrad Tower happens to be the best oblivion mod period.

As for project glory it is done. I asked, because it was the right thing
to do it and I am a polite person.

What I did was try to make something amazing under the protection of GPU: GPL
I claim legal protection under this act.

I wish people would understand. I must defend my actions.
Project Glory is protected by law under GPU: GPL
Exert from GPU: GPL availible here http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.txt

The licenses for most software and other practical works are designed
to take away your freedom to share and change the works. By contrast,
the GNU General Public License is intended to guarantee your freedom to
share and change all versions of a program--to make sure it remains free
software for all its users. We, the Free Software Foundation, use the
GNU General Public License for most of our software; it applies also to
any other work released this way by its authors. You can apply it to
your programs, too.

When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not
price. Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you
have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for
them if you wish), that you receive source code or can get it if you
want it, that you can change the software or use pieces of it in new
free programs, and that you know you can do these things.

To protect your rights, we need to prevent others from denying you
these rights or asking you to surrender the rights. Therefore, you have
certain responsibilities if you distribute copies of the software, or if
you modify it: responsibilities to respect the freedom of others."

I am NOT A MODDER, I am a compilation artist/Beta tester. Huge difference.

I really did nothing wrong, other than I tried to showcase all the mods
included, help give them exposure while still maintaining full credit.

Once again it is unfortunate that people cannot understand that I put this all together as a tribute,
to all the modders who have worked hard to make the game what it is.

It was my greatest hope, to link together a project that gave all modders,
even the small ones, recognition for their efforts and hard work.
Creator and First Team member to Project Glory Beta1
Hopefully many more team members to come!
02-24-2008, 11:45 PM,

Oh please.

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index....pic=813570
02-24-2008, 11:51 PM,
RE: Authorization Required-Project Glory-Public Version
TheModGod, the Gnu Public License (GPL) doesn't work like that and definitely does not protect Project Glory in any way. I'd be happy to explain the details of the GPL over email if you like.
02-24-2008, 11:54 PM,

Holier than thou sanctimosity leagality does not make.

I cannot speak for the core on their stance, as I am not a member, but I can tell you this:

You sir, are quite the a**hole. We aren't the first to have asked for our content to be removed, and you are well aware of the general community distaste.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
02-25-2008, 12:00 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
(At least, I'm 99% sure all of us in the core would agree on that)

TID is 100% in tune with my opinion. I would ask as well that all ST content be removed until very explicit permission is given by the Core as a whole.

Thanks,
Steve
The Voice Guy &
Junior Member of Senior Management
02-25-2008, 12:06 AM,

Enough, I am so sick of your moronic posts.
Its not about some [censored] General Public License (Which DOES NOT apply to oblivion mods BTW) its about respect towards modders.

Quote:It was my greatest hope, to link together a project that gave all modders,
even the small ones, recognition for their efforts and hard work.
What a load of crap. If you really had any respect for us modders you wouldn't of made stupid remarks like you did. Do you realize how many modders look down upon you right now? Nobody is on your side it seems.

Quote:I am NOT A MODDER, I am a compilation artist/Beta tester. Huge difference.
A beta tester I can understand, but a COMPILATION ARTIST? What in gods name is that? :eek:

Quote:"I designed and created the largest unofficial game expansion ever using mostly open source mods."
No, you did NOT design the largest game expansion ever, you simply took a bunch of mods and packaged them into a 8 gig archive, which is a stupid, pointless idea by the way.

Quote:I am now wellknown to Planetelderscrolls.com, Fileplanet, and Ign.com by virtue of they are the parent company to Planetelderscrolls.com, and Fileplanet.com
Yep, you sure are well known to the Oblivion community, as a moron.

Quote:I really did nothing wrong, other than I tried to showcase all the mods
included, help give them exposure while still maintaining full credit.
Did you ever once think that it would be better to make a LIST instead of a massive rar archive?

You could've just given the original download links to all these great mods and you wouldn't need permission from their creators to do that. I can easily tell you that there aren't many people who would want to download an 8 gig file with dozens of unstable/bugged mods.

Most of the mods in "Project Glory" are OLD versions of those mods, so they're bound to have bugs and glitches, thats going to cause people a whole lot of problems, and who will be to blame for that? You of course, you distributed it.

Honestly, just stop project glory completely, nobody is interested in it, nobody ever will be. Don't believe me? I have a whole legion of modders to back me up...
02-25-2008, 01:44 AM,

:lmao: