Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BM Disease Mechanics - A little parting gift
07-30-2009, 08:10 PM,

I would love to see diseases really rampant in BM, as I have never come across a single one in Oblivion. I could even make a town that gets infected and quarantined and the population are rapidly dieing, and as a quest the player must seek out a fabled shaman capable of dispelling the nasty disease. Could be the Khanaten Flu... Big Grin
07-30-2009, 10:49 PM,

I think the Khanaten flu is stricly off-limits. If Deeza were around right now, he'd probably draw red-tape around this part of the thread and guard it with dogs. Don't mess with the lore monkey! =)

Actually, this sort of fits with our ideas for Glenbridge. Glenbridge is a town that has disappeared off the map through some unknown tragedy and, although it's assumed that the cause of the tragedy were the floods, it was suggested that the submerged buildings reveal evidence of fire....but who would raze Glenbridge to the ground?

If it's traced back to fellow Argonians then it would be doubly puzzling....but not if the reason for burning the town was due to a mysterious illness. There's more ideas like this in the Glenbridge claim thread.

Anyway, I'm keen to introduce lepers and, as I've always admired Von Django's 'Unique Features' mod, then perhaps it can be used to create such poor, hapless creatures. Of course, we would have to have them shouting 'unclean' and dressed shabbily too.... =)...this could be tied in with Stormhold's quests as well where the 'Hospice of Mara' treats the victims of unusual illness and may once have treated a survivor...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-12-2009, 12:45 AM,
BM Disease Mechanics
Im somewhat "Very" annoyed,
This is a BM disease thread yes?
Yet no mention of were-crocodiles,
And what about vampires?
I think my khajit named Count Catnip will be quite pleased with the new "Easy" cattle in BM ( Count Catnip, yeah i know but i liked the name ).
[TITLE]
-Lore_Naga of Beyond Cyrodill Forums-
[/TITLE]
"B at indeværende er skidt naga blod."
undersøgenaga
09-12-2009, 09:36 AM,

Hey, I really like that name.... Big Grin

There is room for vampires but they already sort have their own place in vanilla OB. However, I was hoping to use Fort Carmine as a vampire's retreat which we can then expand on the lore by introducing the were-crocs. We do have were-crocs planned as creatures but we've not yet got a disease sorted out that will develop the idea. That's kind of what this thread is about because I'd like us to rethink some of these diseases.

If you could offer any ideas on the specifics of such a disease then maybe IS can start to develop it. We're in need of ideas on how to specifically set these up here anyway.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
09-12-2009, 10:50 AM,

Okay just to show I do work sometimes :lmao:, here is the test ESP of Shiver-Fever.

Hopefully it works the way you like, just load your game and you will get the disease, from there things will progress as the days do. You should notice new stat changes and a blur effect on screen.

DON'T save, I think a cure disease potion will cure it, but I have not made an in-built way of removing it yet.

On another note, yes please explain any ideas you may have for a disease, whether that be the actual effects, how you aquire it, how it progresses etc. All information is helpful.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
09-12-2009, 12:00 PM,

Cheers IS. I'll take a look at that later. Just doing some landscaping on the Parchlands for the moment....
09-12-2009, 01:06 PM,
BM Disease Mechanics- A Little Parting Gift
Well my ideas are-
Go search on google- Werewolves:Curse Of Hircine...
These guys know there stuff when it comes to disease mechanics with lycanthrope's,
So any advice you hope to gain i would ask these guys for it....
Well when anyone thinks Were-Crocodile they always damm think of daedroths and that is stupid and when i think of were-crocodiles,
I always think Re-Modelled Scalons Because they have the daedroth animations if you have'nt already noticed there swinging arms when there trying to push you back and there amphibian,
And about the Quest im already Planning one so Ibsen dont move on this territory Big Grin And catching it,
Well i think The Night Time Adventurers who are exploring The Marsh for the first time will have a welcome surprise...... If you catch what im saying,
A Technician is finally looking at my computer ^^ And well if its fixed ill go for Scripts,Texturing,Modelling,Quest Making,Book Making....... Because i hate interior designing
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
09-12-2009, 01:53 PM,

Actually I prefer to develop my own mechanics. If were having diseases then were having them our way not someone elses Smile

So let me know what ya think IG once you have tested, hpefully its good and I can fix/add to it and then it can be merged.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
09-12-2009, 02:18 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
Actually I prefer to develop my own mechanics. If were having diseases then were having them our way not someone elses Smile

Actually i remember saying asking them for advice on how to build a Lycanthrope Disease IS, Not take the damm thing because it would speed up the process of scripting it, And im not saying people cant make Lycanthrope Scripting im only saying if you have'nt done one similer to it before then it would be good to contact them for some helpful advice, Ok :goodjob:
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
09-12-2009, 03:51 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lore_Naga

Actually I remember saying asking them for advice on how to build a Lycanthrope Disease IS, Not take the damm thing because it would speed up the process of scripting it, And I'm not saying people cant make Lycanthrope Scripting I'm only saying if you have'nt done one similer to it before then it would be good to contact them for some helpful advice, Ok :goodjob:

You just don't get it do you, its not about copying code. Every scripter has a specific way of working, the way they work and how they do things is based on how comfortable they are.

So even if you ask them for help, its still going to be their way not ours becuase of how their scripts have been developed.

Also I like the idea of taking more time to develop things if it means we get something different and things end up how we want them Smile