Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BM Disease Mechanics - A little parting gift
09-12-2009, 04:12 PM,
BM Disease Mechanics- A Little Parting Gift
Damm IS you got me here, Revenge will be mine soon hehe.....
Yeah more time to develop things sounds good, Can someone put a But-In in my Clannfear Creation Post so i can reply to it and add more to what i was saying?
Hm i just found a Hiccup what if a Naga Player gets this Croc Lycanthrope Disease?
[TITLE]
-Lore_Naga of Beyond Cyrodill Forums-
[/TITLE]
"B at indeværende er skidt naga blod."
undersøgenaga
09-12-2009, 04:34 PM,

You'd be okay with me to develop a were-croc mission, NA....although you may wish to work it in to one of the Faction quest-lines. If, however, you'd like to go for something that's more stand-alone and unique then a completely fresh mission(s) would be fine.

@ IS - I think it would probably be okay to say go ahead with that script, IS. I trust your expertise. I'm just adjusting the Parchlands now and have to go out soon so I may not manage to get round to it today (time is ever more tight these days). Hopefully, I'll be able to finish my task here quickly and jump into the gameworld for long enough to check.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-12-2009, 08:32 PM,
BM Disease Mechanics - A Little Parting Gift
I think stand alone for me thanks! Anyway people are quite picky when it comes to faction quests......
Anyway i found a killer link, Ibsen can you contact Grimenir because he would be useful for this project and very useful for helping to make the Were-Crocodile here.. http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=7471

Or we could use the were-croc model and scripts and what not (If we ask nicely to the main leader of that mod?) For Blackmarsh and im happy with that model to be the were-croc but i do think we should make a female version maybe contact koniption?
[Image: 7471-5-1195677905.jpg]

:Edit: Or We could use my original idea and have a Scalon (Has more attacks if you ask me,And more advanced ones like the leaping if greatly improved) And make a new head (That still looks like a scalon but is more Crocodillian) And just use the textures from the above Were-Crocodile and the yellow eyes, Maybe we could even use the script? (Ill ask IS)

[Image: shiveringisles_large_scalon-2.jpg]
:Edit Yet Again: Actually could'nt we use both ideas? Maybe a lesser version and higher version? Yet that would be very annoying for modellers because they would have to make subtle differences to the model everytime you level intill you become the higher version?
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
09-12-2009, 09:19 PM,

All I am going ot say is those scripts require OBSE, how we progress will be determined on how IG feels about making BM dependant on it.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
09-12-2009, 09:22 PM,
Can we skip-rope around it? some how? It would be a big shame to miss a good Opportunity Like this...
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
09-13-2009, 01:32 AM,
RE: BM Disease Mechanics - A Little Parting Gift
Quote:Originally posted by Lore_Naga
Can we skip-rope around it? some how? It would be a big shame to miss a good Opportunity Like this...

When something requires OBSE, there usually is not a cleaner way to do the same script without OBSE. Also, some people are still not comfortable using OBSE, whether modder or mod player.

Personally, I have no problem making out mod dependant on OBSE, but IG may disagree, not to mention those other people who are not comfortable with using OBSE.

What we could do, is make some special effects/things in a optional OBSE version of our mod, and have people take their pick of what they want. Adding the special OBSE stuff in an OBSE version of our mod would require extra work, but if you only add in a few special gimmicks, then it shouldn't take forever to complete. But I wouldn't force IG or IS into doing this. They have their priorities and their tasks that they are comfortable with doing for right now, so no need to increase the work they currently have to do.

And if we ourselves don't do an OBSE version, once our mod is out, other modders might take up the task to make some OBSE stuff for this mod themselves.

As far as me modeling a female version of the were croc....not right now. I already have a lot on my plate modding-wise, and am busy with renovations in Real Life as well.

But Lore Nage, what you can do in the meantime is develop a were croc story/quests with as many details as you can. Just be prepared in case we don't have the means or time to do incorporate your story/quest into our mod. Be prepared for rejection, in other words. Heck, I've had ideas rejected before, so also please don't take any rejection personally.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
09-13-2009, 02:53 AM,
BM disease mechanics: A Little Parting Gift
Heck i get rejection 24/7 so its not new to me,
Koniption any guides on modelling? I used to do modelling for WoW and see this as a lot more different, Also ive just got out of doing Graphics Designing courses and know the little screws there but otherwise juggling a job and doing different courses and... doing moding in my spare time is a little annoying to handle as most will know.
and well with the were-crocodile can we still use the textures and model? without the use of OBSE

:Edit; You insult me by calling me Lore_Nage right ok! ibsen is NE good? that will remind me of the Nage event :lmao:
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
09-13-2009, 11:30 AM,

Probably just a mis-type. Can we keep it to NA? It's easier to remember for me.

I was about to move some of these posts about the were-croc to the models section but it's led us to an interesting decision to make: should we use OBSE? InsanitySorrow is my main man regarding the scripts so I think I should discuss this with him first although I get the impression that IS's skills would probably be best for us as a project.

Off-topic a little: I would really like to use the were-croc. It might be a nice idea to contact the creators of that mod to see if they'd like to have their work incorporated and expanded into BM. The Scalon has always been one of my favourite creatures from SI but I'd go with the were-croc model before anything else. It just hinges on the whole scriting question. Now we don't have any creatures in the WS at the moment for a good reason but we could probably work on this independently of the 'creature overhaul' that I had planned to set up at a later date. The difficulty with this lies in getting the levelled lists for creatures sorted which is an essential task but quite time-consuming.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-13-2009, 11:44 AM,

Koniption is right, while a modder can make pretty much anything (within reason) that OBSE can, its usually a clumsier way of doing it, but again it can be done.

As far as OBSE is concerned, if we do embark on the were-croc it would not be hard to keep it isolated to a seperate ESP that relies on the Master file for the models ect. So the ESP would contain the scripts, quest or whatever it will need. A simple addition to ones load order for the new functions is not bad.

The trade off to this is that time and concentration will need to be placed on this one project, This is more complex than you may think and will take lots of testing and fixing to make it right. The only downside is that there is only 3 scripters I know of, Myself, Koniption and You Naga.

So getting that done ontop of the other stuff will be a challenge, but I'll let IG have the final decision.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
09-13-2009, 11:48 AM,
Ok NA then,
And yeah discuss away and ive just noticed most of the mods i use, Use OBSE.
Oh ibsen did you get my email? And that old Vvardenfall project(That made the solsteim resource) Used a ship to travel to there worldspace so i think teleporting aint a problem but using a portal is some how connecting the two.
You Scripters probably know more than i do on the matter.

:Edit: IS i used to do Scripting for WoW modding but its more advanced here, So you can count me as "Ive did it in the past but need to improve"
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga