Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bitter Coast "Latrys North" [Claimed]
05-20-2007, 04:42 PM,

What is the conclusion or result of my preset generation?
05-20-2007, 11:56 PM,

Sorry for not getting to you sooner, I missed your post trying to keep up with everything else.

Just initial impressions:

I think it needs more flora from the list above (Slough Fern, Violet Copringus, Hypha Facia, Bungler's Bane, Draggle-Tail).

Larger rocks need to be sunk more, there are some floaters, and they are pretty tall.

I really like the first generation, it looks very promising. :goodjob:

Would it help if you also had 'dead' versions of the Bitter Coast (black gum) trees?
05-21-2007, 02:22 PM,

I have used some flora already, but of the values are of course that they aren't in great numbers. I didn't use bunglers bane? because they have to be added on the trees itself.
I didn't see any floaters or at least not on flat land, but if those rocks may not be so tall, then I will add a larger sink value.
It would help to have dead versions of the black gum trees, but i wouldn't give those a preference above other trees.

Thank you for your compliment. I've spend some time with finding the right values.
05-21-2007, 03:43 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
I have used some flora already, but of the values are of course that they aren't in great numbers. I didn't use bunglers bane? because they have to be added on the trees itself.

I was thinking in general terms. No, you don't have to generate Hypha Facia or Bungler's Bane, they get added later. Smile But there should be more of the other types of flora (there is a lot more Luminous Russola than other types of flora).

I didn't see any floaters or at least not on flat land, but if those rocks may not be so tall, then I will add a larger sink value.

I saw minor floaters on some rocks (like StExComRockBC18) on flat-ish land, but the values generally need to be sunk anyway. The region is going to be generated on slopes, so if you were intending the flat areas to be different from the sloped areas, maybe you should define a max and a min slope for those areas?

It would help to have dead versions of the black gum trees, but I wouldn't give those a preference above other trees.

You mean you wouldn't use them? Or you mean you wouldn't replace the living ones? In TES3, I remember seeing plenty of dead, slimy trees. If you have Morrowind, you should look at different Bitter Coast areas to get a feel for how these different trees were used.

Would you like a request set up for them (if you would use them)?

TheImperialDragon has attached this image (downsized versions):
[Image: tn_attachment-8456.jpg]
BC.jpg (91 KB)
05-21-2007, 10:21 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon

I was thinking in general terms. No, you don't have to generate Hypha Facia or Bungler's Bane, they get added later. Smile But there should be more of the other types of flora (there is a lot more Luminous Russola than other types of flora).

Ok.

I saw minor floaters on some rocks (like StExComRockBC18) on flat-ish land, but the values generally need to be sunk anyway. The region is going to be generated on slopes, so if you were intending the flat areas to be different from the sloped areas, maybe you should define a max and a min slope for those areas?

I'll take a closer look then.

It would help to have dead versions of the black gum trees, but I wouldn't give those a preference above other trees.

You mean you wouldn't use them? Or you mean you wouldn't replace the living ones? In TES3, I remember seeing plenty of dead, slimy trees. If you have Morrowind, you should look at different Bitter Coast areas to get a feel for how these different trees were used.

Would you like a request set up for them (if you would use them)?

I would use those trees, but I thought it would be stumps of those gum trees and not dead full sized trees. I will certainly use dead blackgum trees and give them a little higher priority than normal trees.

Which extra? textures do I have to use?
05-22-2007, 12:18 AM,

Which extra? textures do I have to use?

Which extra textures do you have to use? It is up to you to decide which ones look appropriate, or post requests for new ones. Grass is also important, but that can be done through the CS.

I would use those trees, but I thought it would be stumps of those gum trees and not dead full sized trees. I will certainly use dead blackgum trees and give them a little higher priority than normal trees.

I think there were more living trees along the coast than inland, but I'll leave the call up to you. I think that both trees should be used at any rate.
05-22-2007, 06:53 PM,

I've taken some ingame scrreenshots and watched the rocks and some (especially on the borders) float.
There is a lot of grass in the area and this can cause a slowdown to the computer.

Ed.Rw 071227: The attached images were permanently lost during a server switch.
05-22-2007, 11:20 PM,

I think shorter grass and less grass. You can create nograss textures if you need to.
05-23-2007, 01:37 PM,

How do I add shorter grass or create nograss textures?
Perhaps I'll add nongrass textures.
05-23-2007, 03:14 PM,

create nograss textures?
Perhaps I'll add nongrass textures.

Create a new landscape texture, open it in the CS and delete the grass from the list. Look at the screenshot.

How do I add shorter grass

You drag and drop from the Grass list into the grass list in the landscape texture window.

WORLDOBJECTS -> GRASS

Ed.Rw 071227: The attached image was permanently lost during a server switch.