Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bitter Coast "South" [Old Disc]
02-05-2008, 10:37 PM,

Thanks Big Grin, I've started working. I'll post some preliminary screenshots tomorrow.

Edit 2008-02-06, 14:50 C.E.T.:
By test region do you want me to make a sample bandit cave or something, or just the landscape?
Also which point is the dividing line between north and south of the Bitter Coast? 48, -47? ?(

Sorry about all the questions, it's just the setup you have here is new to me....
[Image: signature.jpg]
02-06-2008, 03:22 PM,

Hi legion.

I just began working on a region claim myself a few days ago. Great fun.

The test region needs to be at least a 6x6 area (mine is 7x7). Dont worry about other details yet such as caves. Your first goal is to get the generation preset right for your area. This just lets the ST core decide if it needs to be changed before you go and generate the whole region. You could base it on blackbirds BC Latrys North preset and change it to your liking, or go from scratch if you feel confident.

Just make a 6x6 square somewhere within your region boundary, preferably with some of it being coastline. I believe ALL of the area in the map given in the first post is yours, and that BC north has its own separate map.

Have fun!

EDIT: there is an excellent landscape video made by bioxx over on the beth forums. I just watched it yesterday and took a few notes - its well worth your time even for experienced landscapers I think.
02-06-2008, 03:39 PM,

Thanks for your help. This set up confused me a little, but I think I got it know. Thanks :goodjob:
02-06-2008, 11:56 PM,

My region has many rocks. If you want to know, how it looks, go the steadhelm and go then to the eastern island and look especially at the southern part.
02-07-2008, 12:01 AM,

k. Thanks Blackbird.
03-29-2008, 11:38 AM,

It's been a couple of months almost since there was any progress.

EDIT 03/05/08: Claim reopened