Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bittercup
04-24-2007, 11:31 PM,
Bittercup
Not really much to say here, I noticed this Urn made by Qarl... kinda reminds me of a big Bittercup. Maybe if we got his permission to use it, we could shrink it down and make it into the artifact. What d'you think?

[Image: urn03.jpg]
04-25-2007, 12:38 AM,

Bittercup was really more gold than that, though.
The rider in black is always watching......
04-25-2007, 01:01 AM,

Yeah, but that could be changed, plus when it's shrunken down, it might look more gold than what it looks in that screenshot.
04-25-2007, 01:10 AM,

Thras is using the Bittercup in their MQ (and no we are not greedy, because this is the only artifact we have planned to use).
04-25-2007, 01:22 AM,

Dave it looks real good but i agree it shoul dbe more golden... I mean I think it'd be perfect if the black parts were substituted for goldish-bronze/ brass color, then it'd be perfect in my opinion :goodjob:

Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard
Thras is using the Bittercup in their MQ (and no we are not greedy, because this is the only artifact we have planned to use).
:eek: thought you guys would at least ask, at least you know... like with some respect to the fact we planned to have it in our mod as it was in TES3... I didn't think that you guys would simply claim it, greedy or not greedy

but i guess everybody plays by their own rules and sense of property

which means I don't see why we can't have the Bitter Cup in this mod... doesn't the Bitter Cup simply disappear when you drink from it and get your goods-n-bads? So, since the player can't drink from it at the same time or twice... we can probably have it be a non-pick-up-able object that you click on, drink, and it disappears... I don't see why we can't have a Bitter Cup...
unless Thras (or you) intend to have it be a carry-able object that you can drink whenever by clicking/equipting... instead of a stationary not-able-to-be-picked-up object

if we both agree to have it be non-carry-able, and one time use, then we have no troubles.. who says Clavicus Vile can't have his artifact move around.. I thought that sort of thing happened all the time with artifacts Wink

EDIT: if we agree on the above, all we need to do is have the same sort of effect and model for the Bittercup for continuity's sake, yes?
04-25-2007, 01:29 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
Dave it looks real good but I agree it shoul dbe more golden... I mean I think it'd be perfect if the black parts were substituted for goldish-bronze/ brass color, then it'd be perfect in my opinion :goodjob:

Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard
:eek: thought you guys would at least ask, at least you know... like with some respect to the fact we planned to have it in our mod as it was in TES3... I didn't think that you guys would simply claim it, greedy or not greedy

but I guess everybody plays by their own rules and sense of property

which means I don't see why we can't have the Bitter Cup in this mod... doesn't the Bitter Cup simply disappear when you drink from it and get your goods-n-bads? So, since the player can't drink from it at the same time or twice... we can probably have it be a non-pick-up-able object that you click on, drink, and it disappears... I don't see why we can't have a Bitter Cup...
unless Thras (or you) intend to have it be a carry-able object that you can drink whenever by clicking/equipting... instead of a stationary not-able-to-be-picked-up object

if we both agree to have it be non-carry-able, and one time use, then we have no troubles.. who says Clavicus Vile can't have his artifact move around.. I thought that sort of thing happened all the time with artifacts Wink

EDIT: if we agree on the above, all we need to do is have the same sort of effect and model for the Bittercup for continuity's sake, yes?

You can't keep claiming things simply because they were in TES III, and ours needs to be carriable, and it isn't one time use either. Also I might point out that this went into the pot the first week in development (last year), and a big part of the mod revolves around it, alos you get it from C.V.s realm itself.
04-25-2007, 01:38 AM,

so... ?

we intended for Eydis Fire-Eye to be in Ald Redaynia gloating over the Bitter Cup... way back man, we planned it way before Oblivion even came out, if you want to talk precedence, then Vvardenfell's pretty old, so don't go there

what makes your story more important than ours?

I am not to say your mod is of lesser importance to anyone, however I feel that this is an 'asset' that was in TES3, which we are re-making and improving and advancing into TES4, and that we have a slight claim on it, and simply claiming it cause you want to doesn't seem like something I'd like to accept.
This is no intention to start an arguement. I am simply gonna tell you that I see no reason to say that you can simply take the artifact. It's the principle of the matter. It is as if I bought a house that had a golden cup in one of its cupboards, and you took it from the house I bought because you wanted in your cupboard. Essentially that is how I see it. Whether it looked better in my cupboard or yours, doesn't matter, you took it, and thats not right in my point of view

do you understand where i am coming from?

I think before telling me that you must have this artifact, you should try to explain to us why, justify it, and give us no doubt that it should go to your mod. I am not against you using it, but we shouldn't have to compromise ourselves cause you want a golden cup in your mod.
04-25-2007, 01:58 AM,

1) Because it's the only in-lore artifact we plan to use, and Vv has already used alot.

2) Because we are making C.V.s realm, and after the mosque it is the closest thing we have for C.V.s realm.

3) Because the bittercup does infact move, and being in the same place wouldn't justify that.

Quote:however I feel that this is an 'asset' that was in TES3

You can't keep using that as an excuse for every artifact.
04-25-2007, 02:35 AM,

hmm... well said...
  • 1. Vvardenfell has to make many up because many are in TES4 Oblivion, which is a good reason why we'd rather not be losing more and more, especially in cases where we feel at least we should be asked before having stuff taken

2. that is a legit point for sure, in my opinion, and yours

3. yes, again legitimate
And I don't KEEP using that for every single artifact, plus, I am not taking a hard-line, I am sayng there is room for discussion. In my point of view, as its an understood part of this mod, me saying that there is room for discussion is being nice... though you probably think its in Thras cause it fits, though it was in Vvardenfell, I feel its best when there is discussion and compensation and compromise

if you are willing to help us come up with alternatives, I'd accept, otherwise, it just goes back to the age-old issue of... it belong here, but I want it there or whatever... which won't come out to anything except a lack of continuity...

so let's discuss, you want Bittercup, I want it too, how can we leave this both winners in a way?
04-25-2007, 04:13 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
hmm... well said...
  • 1. Vvardenfell has to make many up because many are in TES4 Oblivion, which is a good reason why we'd rather not be losing more and more, especially in cases where we feel at least we should be asked before having stuff taken

2. that is a legit point for sure, in my opinion, and yours

3. yes, again legitimate
And I don't KEEP using that for every single artifact, plus, I am not taking a hard-line, I am sayng there is room for discussion. In my point of view, as its an understood part of this mod, me saying that there is room for discussion is being nice... though you probably think its in Thras cause it fits, though it was in Vvardenfell, I feel its best when there is discussion and compensation and compromise

if you are willing to help us come up with alternatives, I'd accept, otherwise, it just goes back to the age-old issue of... it belong here, but I want it there or whatever... which won't come out to anything except a lack of continuity...

so let's discuss, you want Bittercup, I want it too, how can we leave this both winners in a way?

Well I'm guessing you want it because it both has significence to Ald Redaynia, and because it featured in TES III, so why not instead use the vampric ring, because it fills both of those, and it also is an Artifact that isn't Daedric and therefore does not move from place to place, like Daedric Items do.