Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black marsh heightmap progress
09-25-2006, 03:48 AM,

I stumbled upon this and I thought it was worth linking. You can find any and all information about blender there and a lot of highly talented artists also frequent those boards, it's worth a look.

http://blenderartists.org/forum/index.php
09-25-2006, 04:23 AM,

So many insane models they make OB and PS3 look like average. Oh what I would do to be that talented. I'll hone my skill for some time before I get to that level.
"Your love of the Halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind."
-Saruman

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything."
-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-25-2006, 11:25 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Grey Wizard
Like I said on MSN, some good textures and bump maps should do us some justice. I'm thinking I want to make a straw and log house on top of stilts and a platform for the middle of argonia, but I am not sure if tha is lore corect. Is it? I am eagerling awaiting a responce from an ex-dev or Bethedsa, whom ever responds first. I'll draw some concept art to show what I would like to model.
you could look at the Argonian architecture thread... that's where we put in any and all Argonian ' People of the Root / Lizardmen /whatever-you-call-them Argonians..... not Horwalli, Terpest, Kothringi, Orma, Velothi, Ayleid, Lilmothiit, nor Imperial, nor Naga, Sarpa, or Paatru at all.... just those Argonians... Hist Argonians...

yeah and I'd love to see some concept art
09-25-2006, 11:02 PM,

Wanna see somthing, you got it, but you need to be on more man, your the leader when Swedishfish isn't on, which is unfortunatly more often then not, so be on top of things. Whos the leader when your not around?

[Image: 6312vj6.jpg]
[Image: 5931uz8.jpg]
[Image: 1472kx2.jpg]
[Image: 6512ux4.jpg]
[Image: 2979mk2.jpg]
More to come as time passes.

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/7329/1fa9.jpg
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/952/2ck5.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/9418/3mp1.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2267/4hc1.jpg

...Working ass off...(incompleat)
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-26-2006, 12:25 AM,

Smile Life's tough...
anyhow I was fishing through Smithsonians and I finally found an image that might be good...
09-26-2006, 12:57 AM,

Want to hear my sob story? I'm sure it out ranks any other modder's difficulties, and I have still managed to make a TC with more promise then most, get this one on it's feet(with help), and make the Falinesti Tree for Valenwood. I also have to make the height map for Valenwood now that Elsweyr has split from it due to LOD issues.

Oh, BTW, on scan this image you found, thats whats importain. I don't care how talented you are as long as you put dedication in, thats the most importain. Plz and Tx.
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-26-2006, 01:02 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Grey Wizard
Want to hear my sob story? I'm sure it out ranks any other modder's difficulties, and I have still managed to make a TC with more promise then most, get this one on it's feet(with help), and make the Falinesti Tree for Valenwood. I also have to make the height map for Valenwood now that Elsweyr has split from it due to LOD issues.

Oh, BTW, on scan this image you found, thats whats importain. I don't care how talented you are as long as you put dedication in, thats the most importain. Plz and Tx.

oh, I dunno if the image would be entirely helpful but it is here:
Argonian Architecture

and I like your attitude... though dunno what your point is... if it is about dedication sure I get it...
but you are certainly more skilled than I, so don't feel bad or anything...
seriously... I may have been here longer but you probably quality more

life life life...life's life

EDIT:
hold on, I think I get it.... you thought I was gonna give an excuse for me not coming on often? so you said "Want to hear my sob story?" I get it now... okay, well don't tell me it cause I don't need to know. We all have lots to do, work, school, other commitments, whatever... but we all devoted to this mod and that's great
09-26-2006, 01:32 AM,

Those huts wouldn't be bad if it weren't for the grass........or whatever that is on the sides of most of them. Of course we wouldn't have to do that, we could make them entirely out of leather.

I don't think we could make a community like that though, any above ground/water Argonian villages/cities are either going to be highly protected (this one could be I suppose) or deep in the marsh where the trees are thick and there isn't much light. Let's face it even though slavery is outlawed it's still happening and the Argonians aren't likely to make it too easy for the slavers.

It's an excellent concept home and village structure, we're going to need more great stuff like that. If you got anymore then please post it.
09-26-2006, 01:39 AM,

don't worry I don't forget my commitments and things I am dedicated to...
after school, after clubs/kungfu/after homework, before sleep, I do my stuff for mods...
but I always try to find time for everything, my friends call that bruning myself out :|
09-26-2006, 02:20 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
don't worry I don't forget my commitments and things I am dedicated to...
after school, after clubs/kungfu/after homework, before sleep, I do my stuff for mods...
but I always try to find time for everything, my friends call that bruning myself out :|

I haven't been here that long and I know that you do plenty.