Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BlackMarsh Diseases
03-08-2009, 03:46 PM,

The thing is not in modeling.. but in converting to nif...
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-08-2009, 03:47 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Me? Hell, no. I'm crap at modelling. Koniption, Llamaranger and Senten (?) do modelling though. I'm not sure if InsanitySorrow classifies himself as a modeller....? You could always ask for help on the main forums because I'm sure that the mighty Razorwing will be familiar with plenty of modelling tutorials that would help.... =)

Nope, no modelling for me, though i do wanna learn. I script and make textures Tongue

IG, you mentioned in an above post that you have a companion, is this companion developed already?, well it does not matter, I have some nice scripts I made for my own companion, a companion share script and an AI script to make them somewhat intelligent. If you want you may use them, though I may need to set the AI up for you since the script needs changed with some different companion references.

As for the diseases, they sound good, I hope you enjoy implementing them :lmao:
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
03-08-2009, 06:40 PM,

• Mosquito - could be based on Koniption's Flora Fly and might still be classed as flora and move the same way. As long as you don't come within its sting zone then you won't get bitten. That could be set up, yes? The best place for it within the beta regions is the Everglades.
  • Venus Fly-Trap - We had a few models that we were looking at on such an idea but perhaps we are best off adaping the Harrada root itself and adding the jaw-like heads...?.....

Yeah, I could eventually do something like a mosquito version of the flora fly. I can add a trigger zone to the flora mosquito, so that when the player bumps into it, they have a "random percentage" chance via script to be infected with something. I can make the mosquito with trigger zone attached fly around too, so that if the player is not watching where the mosquito is, it might bump into the player and give chance to disease them. I can make it so that the player can shoot a fireball or arrow at the mosquito, to "kill" or "disable" it, so that the particular area is safe to roam around in until cell reset. It all sounds pretty doable to me.

I have that old venus flytrap model that Razorwing gave me. I have not worked on it yet. I can make it into a trap with it biting the player/NPCs.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
01-10-2010, 08:54 PM,

The beta release is much closer, so what do we have with the diseases and poisonous creatures?
01-11-2010, 09:06 PM,

Tricky one. I'd like to be able to offer InsanitySorrow, who had been in charge of disease scripts, some specific instructions on how to develop the ideas that are currently only written down. However, my attentions are required on many things and I could do with someone who knows what they're doing coming in and working on the scripts independently. In other words, this could ideally be set up as a claim but it's for noobs!

InsanitySorrow would be ideal but he seems to have many projects to attend to. What's the lastest on that Pleuritic Ague script, btw IS? Did you get my PM?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
01-11-2010, 09:16 PM,

Tricky one. I'd like to be able to offer InsanitySorrow, who had been in charge of disease scripts, some specific instructions on how to develop the ideas that are currently only written down. However, my attentions are required on many things and I could do with someone who knows what they're doing coming in and working on the scripts independently. In other words, this could ideally be set up as a claim but it's for noobs!

InsanitySorrow would be ideal but he seems to have many projects to attend to. What's the lastest on that Pleuritic Ague script, btw IS? Did you get my PM?

I think you mean its NOT for noobs! :lmao:

Nobody is taking my scripting away frm me XD, seriously I'm still around and actually looking forward to scripting since the past few months I have been texturing.

Pleuritic Ague script: Last thing I remember was testing it and it works, I just need to give it proper BM IDs ect, I checked the Bag of Holding and IIRC its that mod that alters encumbrance and I see no way around it atm.

PMs: Hmmm I don't see any in my inbox, I don't remember any either. Best PM me again now I am free to work.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
01-11-2010, 10:05 PM,

There's been a bit of the following between you and me on this matter: "what was that you said?", "dunno, what were you saying?", "I forgot, could you say it again?" "Say what?" "I can't remember" Big Grin The PM was another one of those.

Ach, yes, I meant not for noobs. Then again, it would be fun to see how much of a mess someone can make of scripting if you put it in the hands of a total noob!

Bugger the bag of holding thing. It'll just have to be unequipped. I don't even play OB anymore! :lmao:

How do you fancy taking a look at those diseases yourself, IS? If you make a suggestion for how it works then I can just give you a thumbs up/down or add a suggestion and then you're free to develop it. We have a large of flora with no effects defined so this will help us get this going. If you need any antidotes or stuff like that then let me know and we can pick appropriate ingredient or ingredient mixes that will counteract the effect (or bring it on, for that matter).
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
01-11-2010, 10:08 PM,

Yes lots of back and too, but we never solve anything :rofl:

I'll take a look at the diseases and see what's possible and note my ideas on implementation. I think a thumbs up/down will make things simpler and easier to deal with.

On the bag of holding subject, I could make my own "BOH" for say BM that will work perfectly fine with or without it, I already have my scripts wrote down somewhere, would just need to give the sack a BM style texture overhaul.
01-11-2010, 10:12 PM,

Aye, that would be nice. I started using the mod that basically acts as a universal cellar for all the houses you can buy in-game. So whichever house you're in, you can find all your stuff in the cellar. Anyway, leave this one for now, if you wish. It's the diseases we want. =)
01-11-2010, 10:18 PM,

I'll add that to the list......wait I don't actually have a list.....maybe I should make one :lmao: