Poll: Where should Clan Cerro be located?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ayelid ruin
0%
0 0%
Big abandoned manor
0%
0 0%
Cave
0%
0 0%
Dwemer ruin
0%
0 0%
Sewer
0%
0 0%
Tomb
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cerro (Silgrad's native vampire clan)
02-22-2006, 04:13 AM,

Quote: thanks man!

it can from my inspiration for a Redoran Rangers type of group that would have guerilla warfare trying to drive out outlanders.... but hey, add a bit of vampire?

You're welcome, it was a very interesting and natural evolution of the clan, and I think it would fit perfectly for what you guys seem to be looking for.

Quote:ohh...
not THE skull!

Did I miss something? ?(
?The light that puts out our eyes is darkness to us. Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn? - Henry David Thoreau
02-22-2006, 01:36 PM,

I moved the posts regarding Quentin Fortune to here. We have a nice selection of offtopic boards - incidentally, run by Quentin Fortune - which are sadly underused. Socializing and chatting about this and that is perfectly suitable over on The Raven boards. Thankyou.

black[/hr]

I like a lot of the ideas suggested in this thread. :yes:

So maybe Cerro uses racism as a way of justifying their heinous actions to themselves? Over time their hatred of non-Dunmer have been institutionalized and they think up reasons for themselves why it's actually a good thing for them to kill outlanders? And the fact that doing so sustains and empowers them is a "positive side-effect" -- in their own minds, that is. Evil with a conscience, so to speak... and their rationalization would work well as long there are outlanders available for hunting. They might have other values as well, like not killing children; all adding up to them being able to live with themselves. It would be so cool if that general angle could be conveyed to the player, I think, i.e. not make them auto-attack the player if he visits them.

Might make sense to have a Cammona Tong tie-in? They passionately hate outlanders so they might try to use Cerro for their own agenda. Heck, maybe they even supply Cerro with "death lists" in exchange for Cammona Tong pulling strings to keep them from being eradicated by the authorities?

The alchemy angle would add a lot of uniqueness, and I definitely think we should go with it. I would imagine fighting an opponent who has a wide range of potions at his disposal would be an interesting challenge for players accustomed to just facing weapons and magic.

I also think the clan could be made out to have its roots in House Redoran, as well as much of the other ideas on their history KuKulzA suggests. The question is how to convey that to the player, hmm hmm. Maybe one of the vampires is keeping a record of their history, with the intent of giving an accurate description of who they are and what they did in this world, as seen from their eyes, should they ever be exterminated? I think that could tie in well with the sorrow and soulfulness of their clan.

Ooh, and in one form or another we should definitely have custom music for their headquarter! Any ideas on that? Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-22-2006, 04:32 PM,

custom music... I would suggest slow, soft, low, sorrowful music...
like a piano played very low and softly.... or like low booming bells...
02-22-2006, 08:10 PM,

I've never been a fan of Vampires. I mean, they seemed kind of two-dimensional killing-machines with a touch of dark romance to them. This clan though is just plain cool. They've got a code of honor, they see themselves as having sacrificed their old lives for their people, and they're a bunch of vigilantes! What's not to love?
02-22-2006, 08:16 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Vrenir
I've never been a fan of Vampires. I mean, they seemed kind of two-dimensional killing-machines with a touch of dark romance to them. This clan though is just plain cool. They've got a code of honor, they see themselves as having sacrificed their old lives for their people, and they're a bunch of vigilantes! What's not to love?
and the people hate them (Vampires)
so they are doing this for the people's good
but the people don't know that....
how sorrowful... how bitter... Big Grin

EDIT:
however, Quentin says they aren't warrior types... Razorwing says there is nothing REALLYestablished on them....
and I say they should be honor bound Chimer/Dunmer who vowed to use their Vampiric powers to drive out invaders
02-23-2006, 04:53 AM,

I think the ideas razorwing presented are very good and would certainly make for a unique and interesting clan. But, if you do continue in that direction, what would you do if the player were not a Dunmer? I would think even if you were bitten by a Cerro and became one of them, that they would still exile you, were you an outlander.
?The light that puts out our eyes is darkness to us. Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn? - Henry David Thoreau
02-23-2006, 11:05 AM,

That's a really good question, syko.

Hmm... hmm...

What if it was impossible for the player to find them before he completed a starter quest, and the consequences of that starter quest would act as Cerro's reason for being just a bit more positivily inclined towards the player? If so then the player's actions could steer them from outright hating him. The consequences would have to be something that really benefits the Dunmer people, alternatively really hurts Imperial interests.

Completing that starter quest could be tied in with the player being visited by one of the Cerro's (similar to how one from the Dark Brotherhood visits you after the first time you've killed an innocent) after a certain amount of time, say, next time he sleeps. Unless he manages to find their headquarter before then, which he's now able to enter. Maybe we could say that the Cerro boss wants to talk to him, and that's why they allow him to enter their headquarters? Because it would be pretty stupid of them to just let him prance in there in full armor and weapons, but if the boss wants to talk to him then they would have a valid reason to, or so I figure.

So every player would have the potential to befriend them by completing the starter quest, and we could still keep the setup of them loathing Imperials and other foreigners on their soil with the player having proved he can be a necessary evil and "honorary Dunmer". And so every player can enjoy the stories and setting - or go ahead and try to kill them, whichever he prefers. We could even tie in the starter quest with a setup where the player is quested by the authorities to infiltrate Cerro, and the consequences of the starter quest would just be for show in order for the player to get noticed and contacted by them. Then when the time comes he can choose to befriend them, choose to become infected by them, or choose to try and eradicate them.

I'm sure there are other ways it can be done as well but that was one that came to mind. Perhaps there are other and maybe better ideas on how to keep a window open for all players without mucking with their views?
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
02-23-2006, 01:28 PM,

Sounds like we have all the bases covered except one... is their base a cave or Dwemer Ruin...?
02-23-2006, 01:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Harikari
Sounds like we have all the bases covered except one... is their base a cave or Dwemer Ruin...?

Why would it be a dwemer ruin?
A tomb probably. Vampires seem to like tombs.
Angel mired in filth
02-23-2006, 01:42 PM,

If they actually are headquartered in Silgrad Tower, then perhaps a sewer system would be a good urban place for them to hide out, sort of like the Dark Brotherhood in Tribunal.