Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claim: Ebb14 - Sparrow's Shack (Claimed, Finished)
05-02-2007, 04:14 AM,

Darn, I was hoping it was a rookie mistake. Sad So she wouldn't go to sleep when you playtested it?

Thanks,
Steve

EDIT: Variants I have tried include:
- Near reference vs near location,
- Persistent vs non-persistent,
- Owned vs not owned,
- My modded bedroll, an original bedroll, and a poor Dunmer bed.
05-02-2007, 08:09 PM,

Well, I guess I'll post my findings thus far:

- Sparrow does not respond to animation commands. I determined this with the help of the Actors in Charge mod.
- the player cannot activate the bed unless it is disabled and re-enabled via console, but even then, Sparrow cannot use it. This means the game thinks the bed is already in use, but we know it isn't. It doesn't matter which bed model is used.
05-03-2007, 03:21 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Darn, I was hoping it was a rookie mistake. Sad So she wouldn't go to sleep when you playtested it?

Thanks,
Steve

EDIT: Variants I have tried include:
- Near reference vs near location,
- Persistent vs non-persistent,
- Owned vs not owned,
- My modded bedroll, an original bedroll, and a poor Dunmer bed.
As per your request I had a look.

It has nothing to do with the bedroll, bed platform, the cell or the race/class of the NPC. It's the NPC (object), I replaced the original NPC with another NPC (new object) and it worked. Could it be that you made a copy of an existing NPC?
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-03-2007, 03:56 PM,

Could you post a copy of that ESP? The reason I ask is that I threw together a test character from scratch and put him into that cell while also removing the Sparrow ref and he wouldn't go to bed either. Sad Also, is your CS version 1.0.303?

Thanks,
Steve
05-03-2007, 04:58 PM,

Could you post a copy of that ESP? The reason I ask is that I threw together a test character from scratch and put him into that cell while also removing the Sparrow ref and he wouldn't go to bed either. Sad Also, is your CS version 1.0.303?

Thanks,
Steve
Yes, I use version 1.0.303.

I attached the esp, if you load the file in the CS, you get a few errors (dials) because I removed your NPC.

It's a strange issue.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-03-2007, 09:32 PM,

Good find sandor. :goodjob:

SACarrow: Does this happen with any NPC you create in any ESP?
05-03-2007, 10:38 PM,
You'll love this one
Apparently I cannot create an NPC from scratch and have them sleep. I created a Nord from scratch, altering him just by adding stock sleep and wander packages. He doesn't sleep. I then add those two packages to RW's Easter egg Nord and he sleeps. I then clone that Nord into a female Bosmer named Sparrow Fleetwind and she sleeps!

I have no idea why this is happening, but I assume that cloning an NPC can work with careful ESP cleaning. It seems that that all I can do. Confusedhrug:

Steve
05-04-2007, 07:32 AM,
RE: You'll love this one

I have no idea why this is happening, but I assume that cloning an NPC can work with careful ESP cleaning. It seems that that all I can do. Confusedhrug:

Steve
It will work. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-05-2007, 03:31 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
I attached the esp, if you load the file in the CS, you get a few errors (dials) because I removed your NPC.

SACarrow, you do know you still have to hook up the dialogue, right?
05-05-2007, 03:53 AM,

If you mean make sure the change topic and quest conditions to fit the new NPC, i think so. I cleaned out the dialogue so only my 6 greetings and 4 topics are present, so I think it's cool. You'll be able to check 'cause here it is, ready(?) for review. Also included is an updated mat with better furn marker placement.

By no means do I consider this done. Once this is connected to the world I want to include a little gardening, outside wandering, and a trip to town occasionally. Also some more quest and dialogue development once she's in the world. But I think this is minimally acceptable to get in. Not my call though. Big Grin

A question: does ST include any "specialty" AI packages?

Steve