Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claim: Ebb14 - Sparrow's Shack (Claimed, Finished)
05-06-2007, 09:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
If you mean make sure the change topic and quest conditions to fit the new NPC, I think so. I cleaned out the dialogue so only my 6 greetings and 4 topics are present, so I think it's cool. You'll be able to check 'cause here it is, ready(?) for review. Also included is an updated mat with better furn marker placement.

By no means do I consider this done. Once this is connected to the world I want to include a little gardening, outside wandering, and a trip to town occasionally. Also some more quest and dialogue development once she's in the world. But I think this is minimally acceptable to get in. Not my call though. Big Grin

Are you sure? The NPC is a male Nord ID'd "AAAAAA" and named "AA", the dialogue is set for Sparrow, the NPC seems to be having trouble getting to the bed, and there's no trace of Sparrow.

A question: does ST include any "specialty" AI packages?

Not that I am aware of. What do you mean by speciality packages? If you mean new animations, the answer is no.
05-06-2007, 10:35 PM,

You might want to make sure you don't have sandor's version included. Smile I just redownloaded and checked with TES4Gecko and the only NPC I saw was Sparrow. I doublechecked, but I was pretty certain that I hadn't based any new versions from sandor's test.

As for specialty AI, didn't know if anyone might have included anything involving cooking or the like.

Thanks,
Steve
05-08-2007, 03:16 AM,

Have you ever had one of those days where everything you touched turned to flame and anything you did was an accident? I'm definately having one of those weeks... Stress from something? Fatigue? Confusedhrug:

Sorry for missing that anyway, that would seem to have been the problem, though I do remember downloading it before. I guess I put it in the wrong folder or something. Maybe it was witchcraft. :O

--

- Manual of Spellcraft is bleeding. (F, S)
- The quill won't stay in the inkwell. Remove it from the inkwell and put it on the desk

--

I'll finish the revision later, I'm waiting on the result of a core discussion about claim revision. You don't need to upload another version in the meantime.
05-08-2007, 03:36 AM,

I'll check into the spellbook. It's not easy to get a natural-looking lean, but I'll try a Havok sim next.

No new version 'til you say so,
Steve
05-13-2007, 01:31 PM,

Alright, do not use havok sims to place objects. That's what I've been waiting to say, I was just waiting until I knew for sure how havok was going to be treated (there was already a discussion about that on the internal boards).

So without further adue:

-Book2CommonFundamentsofAlchemy is floating
-Check the objects on LowerClasstable01 for floating.

And other stuff ( I didn't do a too thorough review the first time because I was going to review it a second time ):

-The Silouhette of the NPC getting into bed is sunk too deep into the floor. See if you can't raise it by putting something else underneath the bed and table, maybe a platform of some sort?

That's it. Sorry for the long delay.

I like this interior. Smile
05-24-2007, 12:58 AM,
V2 Ready
- Addressed (hopefully) TID's concerns,
- Added a cookpot,
- Tried to make the hidden compartment even more obscure.

I had to modify the bed platform to elevate the furniture profile, so the replacement model I've included here will have to be incorporated into the assets along with the "refurned" sleeping mat.

A suggestion: The Ebbedin interior cells with name of the form EbbXX should probably be renamed to EbbedinXX. This is for scripting purposes; an Ebbedin-based script I believe can be set to only work for cells whose ID contains a particular string. If this is true, then it would be better if that string were Ebbedin rather than Ebb. I'm paranoid enough to see future conflicts with cells named LowEbbInn or WebbsAleHouse. Smile

EDIT: Forgot to clean the dialogue; fixed now.
05-29-2007, 12:02 AM,
RE: V2 Ready
A suggestion: The Ebbedin interior cells with name of the form EbbXX should probably be renamed to EbbedinXX. This is for scripting purposes; an Ebbedin-based script I believe can be set to only work for cells whose ID contains a particular string. If this is true, then it would be better if that string were Ebbedin rather than Ebb. I'm paranoid enough to see future conflicts with cells named LowEbbInn or WebbsAleHouse. Smile

I know that. Smile The fix was already merged only five days ago (ask sandor), I just didn't get to it earlier because I was busy with other stuff.

--

I looked at the file:

I'm not sure, but I think you may have uploaded the wrong model because the bedroll was floating. I improvised using the models you uploaded and moved the hidden compartment. I don't think the result is too bad so I wouldn't mind leaving it the way it is.

There was a table bleeding into the wall. Fixed.

I locked the chest.

I removed the Character Generation items from your containers and replaced them with ordinary items (don't use items labelled CG).

The attached file is ready for merging.
05-29-2007, 01:29 AM,

Thanks for the review TID. As far as placement of things within the interior go, whatever you decide is fine with me. My questions and comments below mostly relate to the modified models and my own questions about modding for ST.

- What are CG objects and where did I miss that in the FAQs? Big Grin
- Sorry about the chect; I had it locked in a version that I must have trashed. All that I ask is that you use her house key rather than her secret key. You may have, but I haven't looked at the ESP yet. Why, you may ask?
- The ESP won't open under my pre-1.2 version of the CS. Which version of the CS is now OK for modding?
- My only concern is to ensure the proper models get into the assets. I've enclosed both the old (for comparison) and the current bed platform models. Please note that the bed platform goe is the directory ST\Dunmer\Shack\Decoration\Interior, because that models has no furn marker. I've also included the latest modified bedroll for comparison, though I think yours is correct. It does in fact go into the ST\Dunmer\Shack\Furniture directory.

Thanks for the review,
Steve
05-30-2007, 06:55 AM,

- What are CG objects and where did I miss that in the FAQs? Big Grin

Like any other quest, Character Generation makes reference to certain items. Using these items outside the quest might cause problems, so it is always best to either create your own objects, or use the generic objects. Smile

- Sorry about the chect; I had it locked in a version that I must have trashed. All that I ask is that you use her house key rather than her secret key. You may have, but I haven't looked at the ESP yet. Why, you may ask?

I'll see to it that the chest is locked with that key.

- The ESP won't open under my pre-1.2 version of the CS. Which version of the CS is now OK for modding?

Both are alright for modding, it's the ESMs you need to worry about. I use the CS 1.0 for modding, but I used the 1.2 because one of the interiors I looked at needed 1.2. You can have both CSs installed, just rename the old EXE before installing the new one, and switch between them however you need to. sandor can remove the 1.2 dependancy.

- My only concern is to ensure the proper models get into the assets. I've enclosed both the old (for comparison) and the current bed platform models. Please note that the bed platform goe is the directory ST\Dunmer\Shack\Decoration\Interior, because that models has no furn marker. I've also included the latest modified bedroll for comparison, though I think yours is correct. It does in fact go into the ST\Dunmer\Shack\Furniture directory.

I used the latest models you provided and put them in the Furniture directory. I'll fix it then. Next time if you could just post the directories themselves, that would save some time for me. I'd rather not have to go looking for the specific file to replace. Smile

black[/hr]

This file is ready to be merged.
05-30-2007, 03:32 PM,
Thanks for your patience
Looking forward to entering the shack from the "beautiful" Bitter Coast countryside. Big Grin

Steve