Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claim: Unfinished AI and NPCs
10-06-2010, 07:09 PM,

Just a quick note to say that I have been updating the OP every time Deeza ticks off another interior. Claims for AI (which often include path-gridding, which takes moments, really...) should ideally be claimed in chunks for each settlement. That keeps things tight and organised but also serves as finalising the work done on that settlement so as to make it quest-ready.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-06-2010, 09:32 PM,

Thanks for clearing that up, IG.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
11-21-2010, 04:50 PM,

I updated the OP in consideration of the arrival of 'Django's Unique Features' (at last!). :check:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
04-22-2011, 10:16 AM,

I just did a couple of new NPCs for Stormhold. :check:

Quick question: anyone know how to get NPCs to behave and speak like beggars? I looked up who the beggars are and got a list of names but I can't seem to find them in the NPC list... ?(
04-22-2011, 02:22 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I just did a couple of new NPCs for Stormhold. :check:

Quick question: anyone know how to get NPCs to behave and speak like beggars? I looked up who the beggars are and got a list of names but I can't seem to find them in the NPC list... ?(

The editor ID of the beggars begin with "beggar", and the "Faction" column of the NPCs list will say "Beggar". The "Faction" column is hidden further to the right, in the NPC listing, so you have to drag some of the columns to the left to view it, and maybe resize the window of the NPC listing. If you have "Factions" column in view, you can press the topmost "Factions" tab, and it will autosort the faction names alphabetically (same for the "Editor ID" column).

KP
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
04-22-2011, 02:26 PM,

Thanks....although I'm not sure that is what I want to do, really. I'm just trying to get the patients in the Hospice to talk more hoarsely and beg for help....but if OB-related things are activated by them becoming 'beggars' then I may need to rethink a few things. I'll leave them as they are for now.

However, I could use a little help with animations such as getting a character to read a book or do some farming....and I regret to say that I still haven't really learned this little trick. Can anyone point me towards a guide that shows how it's done?

Btw, I just did a few more NPCs....
04-22-2011, 04:02 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Thanks....although I'm not sure that is what I want to do, really. I'm just trying to get the patients in the Hospice to talk more hoarsely and beg for help....but if OB-related things are activated by them becoming 'beggars' then I may need to rethink a few things. I'll leave them as they are for now.

I think the hoarseness of their voice, is due to the "Age" slider in their "Face" tab under each beggar and their respective Editor IDs, being set to a really old age. I noticed all beggars I saw were really old... Also, maybe the disease that the beggars have applied to themselves, contributes to this (not sure)? Lastly, maybe it's because their editor ID's begin with the word "beggar", and the game engine is auto-set to detect that and add a rough voice filter to the voices?

Overall, without testing, I think the most likely reason is the age of the beggars, so check that first.

Quote:However, I could use a little help with animations such as getting a character to read a book or do some farming....and I regret to say that I still haven't really learned this little trick. Can anyone point me towards a guide that shows how it's done?

Btw, I just did a few more NPCs....

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind...nim_Object

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
04-22-2011, 05:10 PM,

Cheers. I'd hoped it was that simple. In fact, I'm already doing it. It's just a case of expanding my awareness, methinks.
04-22-2011, 08:01 PM,

Two more Stormhold interiors to add NPCs to and then that's Stormhold complete.

@ Deeza - Did we ever actually create the Governor himself? We had plans about having a 'double', did we not?
04-23-2011, 07:26 PM,

I'll hold off from doing the Governor's Mansion until I get feedback to the question above. Other than that, Stormhold is now complete. I just need to sort out Castle-related stuff and the Governor himself.