Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claim Zero - the Height Map is finished
11-19-2008, 10:34 PM,

I will do it, but I'm a little busy right now. I shall report back in a couple of days...
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
11-19-2008, 11:48 PM,

Well, i've started to carve out the rough region outlines based on the 3 island shapes (geez the region editor is annoying.) but i actually have no ideas what area is under what region ie- WHere is the Tsaesci Highlands? All i need is someone to draw in these regions according to either claims or by regions to be generated.
Nothing fancy.

I'm actually still learning the region editor and heightmap editor and i just found this useful feature-
[Image: akaviri3dview.jpg]
11-20-2008, 08:16 AM,

Sure, I'll send you that later. It'll just be a rushed MS Paint job probably, but as you said, nothing fancy!

Edit:

DONE! Outlines only, but it tells you what you need to know.

Bamboo forest is GREEN
Imperial colony area (grassland) is PURPLE
The Tsaesci Highlands are BROWN
Beaches are YELLOW
The Tang Mo Island is ORANGE
The volcano with its two peaks is RED

Anything without a colour is supposed to be rocky terrain or cliffs, but I don't know how to arrange this, whether it would be better to place them by hand?

11-20-2008, 08:43 AM,

That's fine. I'm trying to set up the regions for when we need to create the preset list. I currently have the outlines of the 3 islands as guides. The ocean will prove to be interesting to set up, as will be the shorelines and the gorge.

If i am to do any more, i need thorogh overall concept images of each region and match up existing models that may fit the image and define what models are still needed. SO far, the bamboo forest seems doable but the bamboo models are still non existent. THe volcano area is best 'hand carved' instead of generated since the slopes dont work well with region generating and it turns out all oblivion planes were hand made (i cant find any evidence of a region preset used for region generation).

I'm thinking of once more, smoothing out the shores, especially after seeing the 3D model above. The natural land bridge between the main and eastern island will be removed as to fit with the region plan.

THats about all. I really think we need more new plants or we may need to adapt to our current resources.
11-20-2008, 09:06 PM,

I can help with region generation.

Also,

Do we have areas outlined for the 4 different races already?

Borders for their different areas.

As far as I know, the only definite thing is that the Tang Mo are right next to the Kamal.

The Kamal live in the Mountains, so can I assume thats the volcano area?

Kind of like a frozen over Mount Saint Helens?
11-21-2008, 03:05 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Sabian
I can help with region generation.

Also,

Do we have areas outlined for the 4 different races already?

Borders for their different areas.

As far as I know, the only definite thing is that the Tang Mo are right next to the Kamal.

The Kamal live in the Mountains, so can I assume thats the volcano area?

Kind of like a frozen over Mount Saint Helens?

Thanks you Sabian. We will gladly accept the help.

That pretty accurately describes the continent. We are working on an island release right now. The continent is a bit more than we can handle with our current resoruces.
11-21-2008, 06:47 AM,

Your offer is greatly appreciated Sabian.
Here's a rough outline of all the regions.
[Image: akavirregion1.jpg]
Perhaps they can be cut into smaller sections for more controlled genertaions. The greyed areas are of the rest of the island not under any specified region preset. Now if Akavir is to make any preogress we need more activity and input. If that does not happen, i think its better to put our efforts into the other BS projects.
I'll continue tweaking the landscape in the meantime.
11-21-2008, 10:56 AM,

Fantastic! Can your computer handle the generation, or would you prefer if someone else did it?

Also, we need to make a list of the vegetation we want to include, rock types, etc.

By the way, I need to tell you:

I am afraid that due to problems at work, and some other unfortunate circumstances at the same time, I will most likely be pretty much inactive for the next week or so. I am sorry to leave at such an exciting moment, but I'm afraid I haven't got much choice. But don't worry, I will be back! Afterwards, I will be glad to help you in any way I can.

I'll copy this post to the Away and Return in case anyone missed it here.

11-30-2008, 03:50 AM,

Okay. Here's the next revision of the heightmap available for download. Some nicer shorelines, smoothed out a few mountains and hills. I think we can work with this for now. Perhaps, as development goes, I'll make specific changes to suit a region.

[Image: akavirfinal.jpg]

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VT96R7ST

As usual, if you have a suggestion for the heightmap, feel free to ask.
11-30-2008, 11:12 AM,

That looks just fine to me!