Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Claimed] Silgrad, STC-001, University Interiors
08-23-2008, 02:36 AM,

I have to remind myself that its just old age.... but then I forget to remind myself :eek:

A 2 x 2 Hlaalu Room is much to small to do anything with

For the Tower I always use 3X3 this makes more sense though the size is out of proportion

(and they say size doesn't matter)

However realistically a 3x3 is exactly the right way to go with the tower

look at the ex_hlaalu_b_01 and compare it to the b_15 the size of the "Tower" portion is the same, YET the Dunmer were somehow able to make a doorway right in the center and still maintain equally portioned corners I think if they can do this in ME2000 then we can do it in 2008AD

They layouts are muy bueno

No cheating allowed... actually I do not have a problem with this it has been discussed before and this also makes sense, when a home builder goes into a community to build they typically have 4 or 5 plans which all the houses are made to look like, some things might be on the right, left, back or front but all in all they are the same...... the difference is how they are dressed up

So that as well is muy bueno

Rock on

Enjoy
Dew Bob
Dew Bob, Dew Dew Dew Bob Dew Bob (its a song)
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
08-23-2008, 07:57 AM,

So much bueno is bueno. Big Grin

Quote:No cheating allowed...

I'm generally behind you with this. The interior should match the exterior and it is no hard deal to accomplish that. From time to time though - rarely, very rarely, but these moments occur - I think it's necessary to adjust the proportions to make the interior fit for the purpose it should serve, like you said with the towers (very nice example btw)

Now that this part is settled, let's move on. Big Grin

Thanks a lot for your input.

Greetings,

Quentin

P.S.: if you ever want to see an extreme mismatch between interior and exterior, have a look at the Morag Tong building in Balmora, the exterior is ex_hlaalu_b_08 and what Bethesda did inside is ... just see for yourself.
Life can be easy when you ignore geometry, the laws of physics and the local building regulations. Wink
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
08-23-2008, 08:49 AM,

(looks left, looks right) some ones behind me I can fell it :eek:

j/king of course

moving on

Thanks

I never did notice that before, but yes they are slightly Rolleyes different
Maybe the desk was leaning to the left

and that sir is Mucho Bueno (isn't that the name of the dog) Confusedhrug:
:lol:

Enjoy
Multilingual Dr. Bob

less taste more filling than the original
weniger Geschmack mehr Füllung dann die Vorlage
menos gusto más relleno entonces la original
minder smaak meer dan het vullen van origineel

disclaimer: Bob, Dr. Bob, Diet Dr. Bob and Mutlilingual Dr. Bob are all registered trademarks of Billy Bob Canning Company and may not be
used in part or in whole for any other purpose

08-25-2008, 12:21 PM,

Howdy,

a second draft for observation, adjustment, critcism, general comments and so on and so on ...

Some comments from my side

- I added a few ... guides, who will tell you what I have in mind for the various rooms. This should also make changes a tadbit easier (and they'll be gone in the final version Wink )

- everything is connected right now ... but Classrooms Two and Three and I'm not sure, if I'm happy about this.
There are two possible solutions:
a) I change the Dean's Office with the Professors' Lounge and connect the latter one with Classroom Two
b) I'll connect Classroom Two via trapdoor with the ground level

- in the description it said student rooms and I interpreted that as some kind of Dormitory. If there is any other intention behind it, please let me know, no problem in changing that

- the Basement is right now just a connection between the different buildings and will be expanded later on (at the moment I have to deal with all the ideas I have for the 'regular' rooms Wink )

- I changed some of the locations of the various rooms and tried to use some kind of sound reasoning :lmao:

- I will not forget to add the attachment Wink

- in future versions the University will be split up in various interiors (main building, basement, student's area, common area) otherwise it would be too big, too full and too crowded

- I definitely will not forget to add the attachment ...

Okay, just have a look of it and I'm happily looking forward to any comment you'll come up with.

Greetings,

Quentin

Edit:
Strolling through the boards, I just found the threads about a) Clan Cerro and b) The University and the linking between them.

I will a) read them closer later and b) have the sad news that nothing about Clan Cerro is on any of my harddisks

Quote:I saw sceenies of the bar in one of our galleries I can not remember which, but I never did see much written about the clan

So if you have info it can help in developing a history

Greetings,

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
08-25-2008, 01:51 PM,

An interactive interior Big Grin (its Modern technology)

I like the idea, the only thing I had thought is possibly switching the Storage and the Library

Only because that once the connections are made between the 2 buildings the Cafeteria and Library will be on the same level, it seems to make more sense that way Confusedhrug:

Nice layout

Yes Dorms is correct

Enjoy
Bob

08-25-2008, 02:29 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
An interactive interior Big Grin (its Modern technology)
Hehe,some parts of me have finally arrived in the 21st century. Big Grin and btw those guys helped me a lot getting a feeling of what to put where

Quote:I like the idea, the only thing I had thought is possibly switching the Storage and the Library

Only because that once the connections are made between the 2 buildings the Cafeteria and Library will be on the same level, it seems to make more sense that way Confusedhrug:
Consider it done

Quote:Nice layout
Thank you very much.

Quote:Yes Dorms is correct
Good, thanks for clarifying.

Quote:Enjoy
Bob
I do, I do enjoy it a lot.

Greetings,

Quentin
08-29-2008, 10:59 AM,

Howdy,

haven't done much actual modding lately, rather made some preparations, but at least I modified the interior layout so that everything is connected right now. Made a doorway between cafeteria and library so it might be that you need to adjust the exterior as well. Have a look at it and decide for yourself. And I set up three different interiors already as well to keep the interiors small enough for cluttering.

I also added one room to the basement, the training room, because ...

In the University thread you came up with the idea of the two schools, School of Chivalry and School of Magic (I think). Do you still stick to that idea? I ask, because when I read 'University' I had something in mind, kind of a 'dome of knowledge' where the students would do something like a studium generale, learning about flora, fauna, geography, alchemy, magic though to a smaller degree than in the guild, history, the fine arts and whatever and I thought a bit of physical exercise wouldn't be that bad.

So, just let me know what you think about it.

Greetings,

Quentin
08-29-2008, 03:20 PM,

Thanks Quentin

I'll have a look later today I'm kinda in the middle of something right now

but quickly to point out the post gets kinda confusing the School of Chivalry was not the University of Silgrad, but part of the discussion

I'll fill you in more on that part

Enjoy
Bob

08-29-2008, 09:38 PM,

Okidoki,

thanks for the info and see ya later.

Greetings,

Quentin
08-29-2008, 11:22 PM,

Howdy

OK looked at interior looks very good, a bit confusing at this point still but rather nice I'm sure it will be fantastic

Something to consider:

I had always thought that storage areas where a bit mis represented, especially those that are on the top or bottom level of a building, most of the nord and common homes have trap doors leading up or down to those areas.... so how do they get those large crates and barrels into those small square holes Smile

My idea to consider is using a make shift dumb waiter, naturally this is only a visual not an actual working dumb waiter

I'm gonna make a go at putting together one just to show and let me know what you think...

Check your PM's on the School of Chivalry idea

Thanks Much

Enjoy
Bob