Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clarifictation of Lore
05-23-2006, 06:16 PM,
Clarifictation of Lore
The Temple has Fallen. It's changed significantly in Morrowind- the Dunmer are in turmoil because of it. The entire province is in chaos.

Am I saying the Temple is gone completely? No, of course not. Vivec himself put it into words at the end of Morrowind's Main Quest. "The Temple must revert back to the worship of the Daedra. There are less need for Ordinators and more need of priests." Or something like that.

Just clarifying things up a little that may be distorted. I'd like to see the entire mod Lore-Friendly. VERY lore-friendly. So please. Morrowind in Concept Art was not what the real Morrowind was. Of course, lore-purists can take little changes- Vivec to open-air, slightly re-designed is something we did too. But planning on having ALd-ruhn overrun without significant proof will alienate a good deal of players, myself included slightly.

In other words, I want to seek things like they ARE rather than as you interpret them.
SkyShadowing

Interior Modder for Tamriel Rebuilt
05-23-2006, 06:43 PM,

thanks for bringing this up...
It is very considerate of you to want this mod to be lore-abiding...

so has the Temple fallen? I don't think so... it is still the commoners' religion, Indoril, Redoran, and many Dres still worship it, while Hlaalu and some Dres are starting to convert. And who said Ald-ruhn was overrun? I think you should check around the forum and ask more questions before you jump to a conclusion that we don't give a about lore. I think what we pursue is not just Bethesda's version, but progressed, and with some creativity... afterall, it is more fun and more real that way. Things aren't always in a clear cut way, creativity should be around, and if able to be justified by lore, then why not? I really think you under-estimate our adherence to lore, misinterpret our mod.

you want to see things as they are and not an interpretation? well apparently there isn't a civil war going on in Vvardenfell, it is on Indoril-Hlaalu and Indoril-Dres borders... but we are making a mod of Vvardenfell... who says we can't have a Vvardenfell war sparked by the civil war animosities.... oh crap cause it isn't in lore right! uh oh...

get my point? if it is totally feasible and able to be defended very well, then it should stay unless obviously unfit... lore can be a bit flexible sometimes, and when the flexibility favors fun and creativity, why not?
05-23-2006, 07:02 PM,

No segnificant proof? i hear it every day in OB.... and hte temple has prety much started to fall (loose influence) although like kukulza said i do think that many of the commoners would still worship.

from what i hear, read, and enterpride MW is curently rather far from any kind of major civil war. true there are animoceties and disagreements, but the province seems unified enought. (as oposed to places like HF and EW, wich are on the brink of war even before teh asasination)

says me, who dosent compleatly suport the lore desions of this mod
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
05-23-2006, 08:01 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
from what I hear, read, and enterpride MW is curently rather far from any kind of major civil war. true there are animoceties and disagreements, but the province seems unified enought. (as oposed to places like HF and EW, wich are on the brink of war even before the asasination)
So says Imperial propaganda.
05-23-2006, 08:05 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Axen
from what I hear, read, and enterpride MW is curently rather far from any kind of major civil war. true there are animoceties and disagreements, but the province seems unified enought. (as oposed to places like HF and EW, wich are on the brink of war even before the asasination)
I think the propaganda is less now, more factual this time around.... but it IS still propaganda and the way facts are presented should be considered of course...
05-23-2006, 08:07 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
I think the propaganda is less now, more factual this time around.... but it IS still propaganda and the way facts are presented should be considered of course...
The propaganda is on Helseth's side (obviously). Rather than saying "Morrowind is on the brink of bitter war and chaos", it's saying "A time of revolution is being brought upon Morrowind, but some who cannot change with the times are falling." ALMOST saying the same thing, only difference is that the propaganda is one-sided (which is the definition of propaganda).
05-23-2006, 08:08 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
The propaganda is on Helseth's side (obviously). Rather than saying "Morrowind is on the brink of bitter war and chaos", it's saying "A time of revolution is being brought upon Morrowind, but some who cannot change with the times are falling."
yup :]
05-24-2006, 06:51 PM,

so says the most concreat and up-to-date lore Wink

also, there is not that much propoganda in the latest PGE.
and " some who cannot change with the times are falling." and " brink of bitter war and chaos" is NOTHING alike. there is such a thing as a peacefull revolution ya know....

05-24-2006, 07:58 PM,

so says the most concreat and up-to-date lore Wink

also, there is not that much propoganda in the latest PGE.
and " some who cannot change with the times are falling." and " brink of bitter war and chaos" is NOTHING alike. there is such a thing as a peacefull revolution ya know....
Listen to what NPC's say. "The whole province is in chaos!" Probably not a good idea to listen to text written for the Empire by pro-Empire historians and writers.
05-24-2006, 09:17 PM,

some person in cyrodil, vs a knowleged historian.... Also, i have heard, or found anything in the CS, about "the whole province is in chaos" on MW, are you sure they were not talking about some other province?

and as i said before there is not that much propognada in the new PGE.