Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer
02-14-2009, 05:48 AM,
Computer
I got the computer back. They claim the hard drive went bad and that they replaced it.

The thing still doesn't boot up properly. I have to take the thing back in.

I am more than a little annoyed.
02-15-2009, 02:29 AM,

It looks like I might have a working laptop now. Part of the problem is that the hibernate/sleep/suspend function was glitchy. Turns out you have to go to more than one spot in windows to disable those functions too.
02-15-2009, 02:37 AM,

Hope things solve themselves Ysne.

I'm just starting to reimmerse myself into modding - playing a few mods that came out in Jan and having some time to take screens.
I'm doing a start stop attempt at Maya which seems to have one heck of a learning curve. If school works stays at its level for long enough, i can start working on the mod again.
02-15-2009, 01:02 PM,

There are some incredible mods coming out.

What is Maya?

I should have time to restart downloading all the files we have this week. Not sure how long it will take after that.

If you do have time, it would be wonderful. Just remember, school takes priority. We want you to do well and be happy in real life.
02-15-2009, 03:05 PM,

Maya is a modeling program, similar to 3DS max. i personally found it very easy to learn, especially compared to Blender.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
02-15-2009, 04:09 PM,

Maya is the easiest modelling program?
Easier than the 3ds max?
02-15-2009, 05:30 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Senten
Maya is the easiest modelling program?
Easier than the 3ds max?

I think it's personal preference. I found 3dsmax easier to use than Maya when I was doing little modelling/modding.
Michal Cielecki
Composer for Games and Media
http://www.michalcielecki.com

-------------------------------------

Akavir's Island Mod Music
02-15-2009, 06:16 PM,

maya and max are very similar to each other, its generally said that once you know one you can adapt to the other with little work. some of the shortcut and menus change but its nothing serious. i guess i found maya easier cause it was what i learned first, i didnt have enough practice with max to get used to it.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
02-16-2009, 05:52 PM,

Okay thanks guys.
02-18-2009, 07:55 PM,

I think I have my computer up and running again now. I have Keilanai's meshes and textures from her Kojima mod downloaded. I will be emailing her shortly and asking her if there are any other resources she wanted us to have.