Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Concept Claim] S'rha Architecture
09-11-2006, 09:58 PM,

Another Entranceway.
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?
09-11-2006, 10:00 PM,

Spectacular.

Would you be interested in doing some interiors? I'll be honest, you will have to do several revisions if you take it up as we give input. It will also need to be in a tileset-able format.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
09-11-2006, 10:06 PM,

Heck yeah! I can try and make it in a tileset-able format, but I'm not sure what that is exactly. like corner pieces, walls, ceilings, doors and frames etc? I can prbably use the same basic shapes of the Aylied ruins or something. I dont mind revising things! Input is great!

One thing.

In Morrowind and Oblivion we have Dwemer and Aylied ruins that were supposed to have been cities at some point. They did not feel like it. They needed more of a city feel, like residences with broken furniture, ripped and faded tapestries, shattered pottery etc. That would make it feel like it really was lived in once. Would we put such misc clutter in the S'rha ruins? Just coz they were cities, and I'd like them to feel like that.

09-11-2006, 10:17 PM,

Dwemer ruins felt like cities to me, they had bedrooms and things.

Like I said, there will be open areas with "room" like places attatched These areas will have canal streets, which will run into the more corridor styled areas. First and foremost this is a dungeon, but we can try to creat the illusion of a city. You can have pieces that are seperate from the walls and things, if you have messes around with the ruins in the CS you know what I mean. Make these a bit more useful though, the beth ones are so restricting.
09-14-2006, 10:38 AM,

The first one is another city entrance. The second one is an interior design. Is this what you mean by a tileset-able format?

09-14-2006, 08:14 PM,

You know, of the designs here I like your 'twin' or 'double' house/s in the first group you submitted as the combination of the rigid house lines with the strangely curved wall has such a real feel to it on the one hand, and on the other there is a Escher-like quality of unreality, or the unreal made real.

Also it appears that the two houses have totally different entances - with the left hand one being up a small stair hiffen by the curved wall, and the secon, on the left appearing to be a sort of tunnel/basement entry.

One thing that this has made me realise is that we have felines here, and they will excell in the ideosyncratic and individual. For this reason I really wonder if we need to review all our Khajiit Architecture and design in this light? Not suggestin we junk it all, just that we adjust what we are doing to suit.

Also, as this is cat country I am thinking that there should be more feline curves in things... everythings... ?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
09-18-2006, 11:01 PM,

I haven't forgotten the S'rha, but have been throwing some ideas together while writing my thesis. anyhoo here are some more sketches, sorry for the pen drawings in my lab book. These the sort of interiors you had in mind DA?

09-18-2006, 11:03 PM,

Those are great! Remove the cieling piece, and have wall pieces that we can stack above them allowing us to make our dungeons as high as we want.

An what about ramp pieces to run along the wall? And doors for the higher walls? And catwalk structures?

Im begining to get a very clear idea how these dungeons should look. More height variation thatn vanilla.
09-19-2006, 03:51 AM,

I like those interiors and if i ever finish vivec cantons exterior set im makeing and no one else has started i may just have to make em :goodjob:
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
09-20-2006, 12:22 AM,

Whenever i think of Aztek/Mayan archetecture in this world I think of Yokuda. And not much so of Eleswyer. Mayby the jungle reagons. But desert reagons I think of Babylonian/ stile ziggurats and structures.