Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Concept Claim] S'rha Architecture
11-30-2006, 11:30 PM,

I like the texture a lot! I think we finaly are moving a bit again.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
12-02-2006, 11:48 PM,

how about some other type of stone for the texture. I've noticed that a lot of our textures are sandstone based, and i can imagine this to get monotonous after a while. I mean Elsweyr was not always a desert, and the S'rha probably had access to limestone or mud stone, or even basalts from Morrowind. I dunno, what do you think?
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?
12-03-2006, 03:12 AM,

Here are some granite samples

[Image: Granite_azul_noce.jpg][Image: Granite_giallo.jpg][Image: Granite_gran_violet.jpg][Image: Granite_lavanda_blue.jpg]

Sorry for there size.

Marble doesin't hurt
[Image: Gimp_marble_pattern.jpg]

The coloseum in rome contains Tavertine

Gritstone could be used .

Who sad you needed to use stone... when one could it ceramic tiles/bricks like the Ishtar gates in babylon.
[Image: Babylon_relief.jpg]
12-04-2006, 12:35 AM,

Travertine appears to be white, which would give them a bit too much of an aylied feeling. I really like the ceramic tiles idea, though not sure which pictures we could make. what about floors/ ceilings? tiled starcharts would be awesome.

12-04-2006, 02:31 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ja-Kha'jay
Travertine appears to be white, which would give them a bit too much of an aylied feeling. I really like the ceramic tiles idea, though not sure which pictures we could make. what about floors/ ceilings? tiled starcharts would be awesome.

Sadly no starcharts. heres an artists depiction of the temple of Nimrud(i think) should give a starter with floor and ceilings
[Image: mesopot_ashurnas_thronerm_lg.GIF]
And yes I'm sure it isin't egyptian.
12-08-2006, 11:29 PM,

How about wall paintings/ carvings like this. Have an idea for a canal/fountain piece. We could make the wall paintings like a credits easter egg.

like Rag-Idmahn, the Elder (Raggidman)
or Daar-Kasmo-Daeus the Wise (DA)
or K'ptan the Architect (Captain)
or Shoo-Taar the Sculptor (Shewter)

Khajiitise/S'rha-ise the names of everyone working on the project, create a unique aztec-type picture for everyone and we sould have plently to cover the bare walls with. Would make the as semi transparent decals or something like the random Khajiit symbol i noticed in the CS.

Anyway what does everyone think?

12-14-2006, 01:31 AM,

Some more canal pieces

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/s...irha04.jpg

Shoo-Taar......Call me biased but........I LIKE it :lmao:
It takes guys as simple as the Dude and Walter to make a story this complicated... and they'd really rather be bowling.
12-14-2006, 11:24 AM,

Fine with the other names, but given the Dean of the currently forming TES3 University of Silgrad (in TES3 Cerro Quests Dev Thread) called Naimer Indoril, aka raggidman because of the state of his scholar's robe - which was not helped by the shipwreck, I think another raggidman would be greedy. Confusedhrug:

Hmmm ... seems JKJ has already written her way into the Pasntheon, where she is otherwise known as the Lunar Lattice ... Wink

The ceramic lion is so fine shewter - that's the one for me. The desert sky blue...

Re the marble, if you take a look at the Cerro Interiors work that Bob####s has done in TES3 you will see that the black and white marble look is pawned.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
12-15-2006, 01:19 AM,

How about Sh'tar for shewter. Shoo-Taar just doesn't seem right to me.

Dar'Ksmodus?
Lol what?
12-15-2006, 08:00 AM,

Sh'tar is a lot better, but I'm not too sure of the awkward consonants in Dar'Ksmodus.

As for mine I'd probably just shorten it to Ja'Kay, something nice and simple, which does not directly refer to the lunar lattice.

Also great work Shewter!