Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conjoining Tilesets
09-04-2009, 07:32 PM,

you can also get a bit more freedom by using arches for Ayleid and Imperial ruin transitions. You can place a large stone slab to flaten out the floor (and prevent nasty gaps) and then close up the rest of the side holes with rocks and/or ruin pieces. it takes a bit more work than a plain tileset piece, but its a whole lot more creative.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
09-08-2009, 05:37 PM,

Yes, I had plans for doing just that and have now created a hashed together transition but I'll also use the dungeon arches created for the Lost Spires mod. Nevertheless, the transition pieces that sandor has picked out are what I'm really after...although there really aren't enough of them in the vanilla collection IMO. Someone should probably create stuff like that. It would come in useful! :yes:

I've moulded the base models of the Ayleid and cave tilesets together quite successfully now but it was an absolute bitch to do properly. It's not the transitions so much as using the tile pieces for dungeons themselves and it's for reasons like these that I don't like modding dungeons. The 'snap-to-grid' options never seem to work as efficiently as they should and normally end up with visible seams.

Actually, whilst I'm on the subject, does anyone know how to mould together tilepieces that allow you to fall through from above? Helborne created this: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=25053 but there are other vanilla pieces that allow you to fall through and I always struggle to find them.....
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-08-2009, 05:41 PM,

falling from above would require a special piece... Hel Borne's is the only one i can recall atm. the simplest way to make one would be to make a colisionless plain to put over holes (which can be made with other pieces). its not perfectly realistic, but it is easy to make.

some tilesets only snap in certain ways, the caves among them. there are 4 texture variants, and if you dont pay attention you'll end up with bad seams. it takes a little longer but its manageable. using snap to refrence is also a huge help.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era