Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creature Dialogue?
02-18-2007, 03:28 AM,

This is all very confusing then. So what IS the best way to make a talking lich in oblivion (that is also killable)

And is any option noob-proof? Something that i couldn't mess up if i tried? The NPC dialogue double seems valid, but sort of complicated. Whether or not it's been done, and whether or not sheogorath was really talking, i can always figure out how benirus manor (anvil house) worked, because they had a lich who talked through script (it was really just a big speech though, not really speech) (of course if i did it that way, it would feel WAY too much like i just ripped my entire quest from benirus manor)
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
02-18-2007, 10:14 PM,

Hmm here's a concept, what if i made a lich race? and then made my lich an NPC, which allows for dialogue? Only problem is that the lich texture is one file, but NPCs have separate texture files for the upper body, lower body, hands, and feet, as well as the head.

Any ways around that? Or is it possible to hack apart the Lich texture in a coherent way, so that the game figures out everything. And if i do decide to take a slash at the lich texture, is there a way to figure out what goes where? because i looked at the texture, and it's basically a huge jumble of different stuff. How can i sort that out into 4 different files?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
02-19-2007, 02:49 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Hmm here's a concept, what if I made a lich race? and then made my lich an NPC, which allows for dialogue? Only problem is that the lich texture is one file, but NPCs have separate texture files for the upper body, lower body, hands, and feet, as well as the head.

Any ways around that? Or is it possible to hack apart the Lich texture in a coherent way, so that the game figures out everything. And if I do decide to take a slash at the lich texture, is there a way to figure out what goes where? because I looked at the texture, and it's basically a huge jumble of different stuff. How can I sort that out into 4 different files?

Well you could make a lich out of the Skelleton race resource, then just make them wear a black robe, and as soon as you can say Hilotroticusmaximotickalamufier you'll have a lich (Race).
02-19-2007, 03:33 AM,

There's a Skeleton race? Really? how interesting... Where is it? I'll have to take a look to see what the deal is. Hmm but there are no lich-like robes in oblivion. If i was a modeller/texturer i would definitely make a set of lich-robes. Become a lich, that'd be a great quest! All you need is the heart of a lich, the tongue of a dragon, and the flesh of a well-ridden horse (if M'aiq was telling the truth)

Any idea as to how the skeleton race was made? Useful as it would be, if i could make an actual lich it would still be preferable, because liches are a bit different than skellys. More flesh, and more powerful.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
02-19-2007, 04:15 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
There's a Skeleton race? Really? how interesting... Where is it? I'll have to take a look to see what the deal is. Hmm but there are no lich-like robes in oblivion. If I was a modeller/texturer I would definitely make a set of lich-robes. Become a lich, that'd be a great quest! All you need is the heart of a lich, the tongue of a dragon, and the flesh of a well-ridden horse (if M'aiq was telling the truth)

Any idea as to how the skeleton race was made? Useful as it would be, if I could make an actual lich it would still be preferable, because liches are a bit different than skellys. More flesh, and more powerful.

Well technically the "Necromancer's Robes" are infact what a Lich would wear (if they were in leauge with The King of Worms).
02-19-2007, 08:04 AM,

You could just turn the lich into an NPC its very easy I did it with one of my mods with a custom creature I created

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDSjHnNfxR0

all you have to do it create a new npc using the lich skeleton then create a new armor (that takes every slot with the lich mesh) and give the armor to your npc -- it may take some rotation alignment in Nifskope.

I had to realign the eyeball as it ended up upsidedown but this works perfectly fine if your not scared of toying around in Nifskope.

Edit

Just tried this real fast and it seems you will also need to add the missing bones into the lich skeleton -- just copy them right out of the _male\skeleton.nif

here I completed this took me a couple mins I will find a host then post the files so you can have them save you the time.

Edit

Here is a video ingame test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnLSL0dbrgg

and here are the files

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XQ3ILJWL

if you have any problem at all with mesh distortion on death just go into the skeleton and delete the collision on the added bones

backweapon
sideweapon
quiver
bip01 L forearmtwist

and that will revert the skeleton back to its pre altered havok state.
02-19-2007, 01:43 PM,

Ahh unfortunately, neither the video nor the file link work... both places claim that whatever you uploaded is "unavailable" Thank you for doing the work though, i'm afraid i'm horrible at using nifskope.

Thanks once again, i SUCK with nifskope and other texture things

[edit]Oh, hey, the Download started working! Site was probably just a bit angry before or something, but it's working. Thanks a ton. Now how do i make the armor? (it didn't appear to be in the file you uploaded) When it comes to nifskope and textures, i'm basically a complete noob.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
02-19-2007, 03:34 PM,

Howdy

Yea the links don't work except the Utube video, which is quite nice
Good Idea on ow to do that

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-19-2007, 09:54 PM,

Sorry TOYB, I thought in that post you were saying that they actually managed to get a monster to speak with the NPC dialogue thingie.
Lol what?
02-19-2007, 10:59 PM,

So any idea how to make Lich armor? I'm afraid i haven't the skills... If someone would like to quickly make a set of lich armor it'd be nice. In the video it looks like Saiden already made himself a set, so if he could upload it i'd be very very thankful.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala