Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creature Dialogue?
02-20-2007, 05:32 AM,

to get those files working all you have to do is

make a new NPC set its skeleton to the lich skeleton in that file

then

make a new armor set its male model to the lich nif in that file
(non playable, tick all the available slots, give it a massive amount of health to avoid it breaking, can even give it some ac to make the npc harder to kill)

then just give that armor to your lich npc

place lich npc in world somewhere to test

then you can start setting up the dialog as needed.
02-20-2007, 08:50 PM,

ahh that's more clear. Thank you. Before i didn't get that all you had to do was create a new armor in the CS and give it the proper nif. I was over-complicating things!

Sorry once again for being so bad at this, but how do i get animations onto it?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
02-21-2007, 12:50 PM,

the npc lich will use the same animations as the creature lich that file should have all the animations in it.

if you want to create new animations to fill out the missing ones there are tutorials on how to get those ingame

my tutorial for creating custom creatures with Max it covers animations

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind...res_Ingame

there is also a tutorial for blender users somewhere on that wiki.
02-21-2007, 08:38 PM,

Ahh it's automatic, ok then. Didn't get to test it in-game cause of hectic real life. I'll try that now then. Thanks immensely for all of your help!
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
02-23-2007, 02:41 AM,

Ok, sorry to bother you all once again (Last time, i promise!) When go to edit the lich in the CS, i get 3 errors, they are
"Missing bone 'torch' for Clone StSeLich"
"Could not find bone 'Bip01 Neck1' for head note"
"Bad InitAnimation for NPC StSeLich Missing 'Idle' Animation"

Ok, now i know you said something about copying and pasting bones Saiden, but how? As i've mentioned, nifskope, bones, and anything complicated like that is very very new to me. What (if anything) do i need to do?

*prays to the NPC god that is Saiden*
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
02-23-2007, 08:47 AM,

those are errors that are contained within the CS in the game everything should work fine since the lich animations dont look for those bones and even if they did it has never crashed anything for me at least Smile

but if you want to add those bones into that skeleton I gave you just open the _male skeleton.nif in nifskope and then open a second instance of nifskope with the altered lich skeleton then go to the nibsbonelodcontroller within the male skeleton and find the torch bone right click copy branch then paste that branch into the altered lich skeleton do the same for the bip01 neck1 bone.

then within the altered lich skeleton nifskope instance open it to the nibsbonelodcontroller and find "Bip01 L hand" click it and find the num childen int double click that and add to that number by +2.

then right click on children -> array -> update

expand the children there should be 2 empty entries just add the node numbers of the bones you pasted into the two empty slots and that error should poof.

no need to worry about where the bones are parented since the anims dont animate them or even call for them ingame

although parenting torch to Bip01 L Hand should allow you to have your lich equip torches Smile in the general area they belong in.....
02-23-2007, 10:34 AM,

Would it be possible to do this for a scamp, so i could see Creeper back in from Morrowind who actually turned out to be Clavicus Viles dog. I thought he was a funny merchant and wouldn't mid seeing him in the game again.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
02-23-2007, 08:49 PM,

Scamps are probably possible, oh and the lich works ingame, thanks everyone, and especially Saiden! now i have no excuse not to get to work on my quest

Also, is there a way to make the lich float? Cause liches were ment to be floating half a meter off the ground, and they look kinda strange when they walk...
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
02-24-2007, 05:40 AM,

only the staff anims have the lich floating just give him a staff and he should be a floater Smile

if he doesnt give him an AI package to equip the staff even though its not aggressive, I would look at the AI of the base lich to see what package its using to auto equip thier staffs if there even is one.

its possible to do this for any creature the only things missing for most creatures to be able to be viable npc's are a few bones within the skeleton.

bip01 L forearmtwist
weapon
torch
backweapon
sideweapon
quiver
bip01 neck1