Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creatures of the Swamp interior
12-16-2006, 10:28 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
you've shown it somewhere long ago, its pretty good... reminds me of Murkwood

Oh I have? I thought so too, just could?nt remember where and could?nt find it, I think it was in a thread about murkwood somewhere...
Skyrim for Oblivion Music
(last update: December 11 -06) (Nothing is final)...
All comments, suggestions and criticism is welcome!!
12-23-2006, 09:39 AM,
Marsh/Swamp wolf
sorry if i aint supposed to post a picture, but heres a kinda watermarsh wolf thingy.

yer if it appeared should jus be a drawring of a wolf with flipper claws at front and claws at the back. :-) incase your wonder the front right paw is under the head.
Whatever
12-23-2006, 02:36 PM,

that's pretty good..
I'm sure we can tweak it here and there to make it real good...
maybe its an animal on the border between Cyrodiil-Black Marsh to show both a creature adapting to the Argonian wilds and also to show how much an animal has had to adapt to survive in the marsh, and only along the border...

also perhaps they can look slightly like otters or whatever Confusedhrug: maybe their waterproof pelts are very desirous to local nobles and so the already rare animal is going extinct... I dunno,just a thought.... or we can make them common place

but that gives mean idea.. what if there is a sort of animal that there is a set number, when you kill all but 1 or all of them, then they will no longer respawn. However, every 5 months time another will spawn. Thus they can either be left alone and boom unnoticed, or go exctinct fast if you hate them
12-23-2006, 09:37 PM,

nice idea i think that would be great( extingtion idea )
Whatever
01-26-2007, 12:17 AM,

I felt like making a swamp reptile, for some reason.. You guys like reptiles, right? Big Grin
[Image: reedmimic6zz.th.jpg]
actually adapted scales, the tall fin on the back of this creature mimics that of lush reeds. The skin of the animal itself is very contained and solid, allowing for algea and other vegetation to develop on it's back, to further the illusion.
HoonDing mongori tiavo; Lemansha temin diang hibat.
The Hoon Ding guides us; all others can Make Way.
01-26-2007, 02:08 AM,

looks great! thanks lutemoth, hope you visit more often!
01-26-2007, 03:15 PM,

wow! sweet ! really nice
when i look at it it feels like it should move like a dog moves, wich would be nice.
Felix WP
Self inflicted fractures.
I replace my bones with bars.
Aluminium,
Bleeding oxide.
The drug of Gods into my pounding veins.
06-22-2007, 09:21 PM,

something else I came across; drew this quite some time ago and forgotten about it.
[Image: fungibugeyeab5.th.jpg]
Parasol hosting insect/crustaceans, anyone?
HoonDing mongori tiavo; Lemansha temin diang hibat.
The Hoon Ding guides us; all others can Make Way.
07-03-2007, 04:58 PM,

concepts for all!
sort of...

Names for all the critters and plants would be appreciated

1) *Clicky*

This lizard, although formidable looking, actually has more in common with whales and coral than most lizards. It is a large migratory filter-feeding lizard (thats what them big 'ol whale teeth are for) that lives in family gropus fo 3-5 members. Sepnds most of the time in the larger bodies of water of the marshes, but when food resources run low will migrate between the swamp lakes, strong swimmers but slow and vulnerable on land.

Not many beasts prey on this creature due to its large size (2-3meters (adult)) and powerful defense mechanisms: the tusks, which are razor sharp although of limited use, mainly for territorial disputes between alpha males, and the red frill that runs down its back and plumes on its tail that releases a powerful neurotoxin that both paralyses the enemy and causes minor poison damage.

The teeth are used to filter plankton from the water and the green frill on its back, like the roots of a plant, filter nutrients and minerals from the water.

2)*clicky*

The wild sea cat is my preliminary name for this beast (sorry about the colouring I was a bit sloppy). Lives mostly on the coast among the southern mangroves where the tendrils around its head and feet are use as disguise among the tangled roots and at sea, the seaweed. The tendrils are also used to propel the beast slowly through the water (its an ambush predator) using the same motion that an octopus uses, slow swimmer but powerful attack.

3)quick plant concepts

*clicky*

*clicky*

by the time I came to colour them I'd forgotten what colour they were I imagined them so I only coloured the bits I could remember :lmao:

Edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
07-05-2007, 03:31 PM,

*bump*

If someone *cough*KuKulzA*cough* would give a verdict on whether the concepts in this thread should be used I'd be happy to start modelling.

Edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.