Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creepy backgrounds, anyone?
06-17-2006, 10:49 PM,

my only sugestion would be that you could emphesise the words a bit more. the MW chanting scared the shit out of me because you could almost make out what the spirits were saying....
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
06-17-2006, 10:57 PM,

Lady N: Hehe... well, see... erm... the words are actually me whispering the song "Allouette" and reversing it. I was looking for something good to whisper at The Imperial Library, but nothing struck my fancy. Is there anything in particular you'd suggest? Some kind of Dunmer tome of the dead, perhaps?

Thanks!

-Jon
06-17-2006, 11:39 PM,

well, depends on how unclear you want to make it. you could whisper something like the 36 lessons if you want it to be more clear, but if youre gona "blur" it more you can do something less recognisable (like the aragorn prohesy from lotr Tongue)

06-17-2006, 11:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by jonrd463
Lady N: Hehe... well, see... erm... the words are actually me whispering the song "Allouette" and reversing it. I was looking for something good to whisper at The Imperial Library, but nothing struck my fancy. Is there anything in particular you'd suggest? Some kind of Dunmer tome of the dead, perhaps?

Thanks!

-Jon

If I may, could I offer a humble suggestion to peruse Majra's Dunmeri translator? It has enlish-dunmeri translations for a vast number of words, so even though it's perhaps a bit overkill, you could string together and whisper dunmeri sentences if you wanted. =)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-18-2006, 04:16 AM,

Great resource, RW, and thanks! I redid the sound using that translator, as well as adding some moaning in the background. I also put the heartbeat sound in, because (and forgive my bias... it's my heartbeat, afterall. Tongue) I thought it sounded pretty cool.

I hope these new whispers have that same creepy effect as the MW originals had for you, Lady N. Loosely translated, they're saying in Dunmeri "He who enters this sacred place of the dead shall bear witness to his own end by the will of the ancestors."

Comments, opinions, and suggestions for improvement are always welcome!

Tomb whispers 2 <- Putfile link

Tomb whispers 2 Alternate <- Direct download of MP3 from my site. Please only use this link if you can't use Putfile, as I've got a limited amount of bandwidth available from my host. The quality of this one is a bit better than Putfile, since they do some kind of compression on uploads.

-Jon
06-18-2006, 04:52 AM,

Whoa. The second one-- it's waaay scary. I can see that doing well in Dumner tombs.
"It's only wrong if you suck at it."
06-18-2006, 09:14 AM,

Yeah, that last one really scares the creep out of me.... I get flashbacks from lotr when that mountain gets down on the fellowship....
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
06-18-2006, 02:55 PM,

nice, now its the way i remeber it! i had totaly forgoten bout that translator!

06-18-2006, 05:33 PM,

Woow! :O
Very scary and moody, excellent work jon!

Now then, I should probably have mentioned earlier (in case you don't know) that only wavs can be used for sound effects, not mp3's. They also have to be in a special format, which I think the game is very picky about, but I admit I don't really know since I haven't dabbled with sound effects. But if you can tweak it to the right format there shouldn't be any problems in making a sound activator to be placed in Velothi tombs. =)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-18-2006, 10:24 PM,

Thanks, RW!

Um... any idea what that special wav format is? I had assumed sound effects were/could be mp3s. As it is, the direct download link above is to a final version, already cropped to loop seamlessly. I was just waiting for general approval.

I'll do some looking around and see if I can find out how to do this.

-Jon