Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creepy backgrounds, anyone?
06-18-2006, 10:45 PM,

PCM, 705 kbps, 16-bit. Those are the common characteristics between the sound files. Sample rate and number of channels don't seem to matter.
06-18-2006, 11:06 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Axen
PCM, 705 kbps, 16-bit. Those are the common characteristics between the sound files. Sample rate and number of channels don't seem to matter.

Thanks. I'll have the file converted and ready to go before the day's over.

EDIT:

Here we go. I wasn't able to get it to 705 kbps. In fact, I couldn't find in Audition where I could set the bitrate. When I selected PCM, it automatically made it 1411 kbps. I'm not sure if that's going to be a problem, so if anyone who is savvy with setting up sound effects in the CS can test it for me, I'd appreciate it.

Here's the 7Zipped archive. I've shortened it to the two base segments that make up the file, and cropped for looping.

Thanks!

-Jon
06-21-2006, 11:32 PM,

Thanks Jon! I haven't had a chance to playtest it yet but if it's in the same specs as Bethesda's sound effects I'm sure it'll work without a hitch.

But I would like to ask if anyone here has experimented with sound activators before and could suggest how the data sheet for this sound should look?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-21-2006, 11:44 PM,

You should have gotten rid of all the popping first...