09-10-2006, 12:09 PM,

Another quick update between exams
I can't wait to be done with them

[Image: normal_CryoOrdinatorArmor_2006-09-10.jpg]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/c...test5b.jpg
09-10-2006, 12:31 PM,

It looks magnificent :worship:
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
09-10-2006, 01:41 PM,

I'm moving this to the Visual DEV board... i guess it is time we share this with Silgrad since it is about complete...
might as well go over and say "here, we like to share" :yes:
09-10-2006, 05:32 PM,

Is Ceremonial armor supposed to look flashy and vibrant? Because this sooooo does it. It was a Bethesda concept, so making it like that would actually do better than morrowind's and still will be as it is supposed to.

EDIT: I notice the symbols on the greaves are mirrored. Try not to do that, because then one leg isn't readable. I think it looks better mirrored, but it would make no sense.
Lol what?
09-10-2006, 05:44 PM,

WOW! That armor looks fantastic! I also noticed in the last thread (WHich I have ignored on accident untill I saw this one) that you are working on my favorite bonemold helmet. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I'm not so sure I like the daedric script on the legs of the armor, but I'm not one to like writing anywhere except on magically imbued swords. Remove it only if you really feel like it.

Another thing that would be cool, as in the pic that IAMTHEEMPEROR posted, would be a cape that is attatched to the pauldrons and at the back of the neck. However, I'm not sure we can make capes that move like cloth.

Which stinks. That would have made Oblivion a whole new game for me. X-D

Anyway, I really like the rest of the armor. I would have worn that armor a lot in Morrowind if I weren't such a sucker for lighter armor. Big Grin
.:.::..::: Zarf - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbU_YqGZF5Y"]WARNING: Do not fall down mountains[/url] :::..::.:.
09-10-2006, 05:52 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
I notice the symbols on the greaves are mirrored. Try not to do that, because then one leg isn't readable. I think it looks better mirrored, but it would make no sense.

Oh it's just because i accidentally mirrored the leg armor, in the first image you'll see they are not mirrored

And yeah it does look kinda flashy, but i like it that way

Zarf: Originally i tried to make it closer to the concept art, but i realised there is no way to animate cloaks since every animation can only use the biped bones (for armor) and there is no way you can animate a cloak with biped bones only

The writing is ok, the Ordies are fanaticaly loyal to the temple and aren't afraid to show it, especially in their ceremonial armor

edit: the armor does have a small cape, the one that is going over his shoulder, i will post a back view so you can see what i mean

here is also the latest bonemold helmet shot: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/c...emold4.jpg
09-10-2006, 06:45 PM,

But what if someone could add havok to the image? That may be one solution. I just find it irritating to see these capes that stick out sideways when people look down.
Lol what?
09-19-2006, 09:15 PM,

worked on the face texture for about an hour, i think it's looking better , more morrowindy Big Grin

[Image: ord_upd.jpg]
09-19-2006, 09:17 PM,

Ooo... scary, but good scary! Big Grin
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
09-19-2006, 09:21 PM,

Hm... there were some lines on the chin in the TES3 version. And maybe you should try making the lips not stand out so much (when dealing with faces, even changing small details like that can make quite a difference...). Also, I think the TES3 version had eyebrows (Mer-style eyebrows, that is) painted on it.