Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyrodiil
04-12-2006, 03:13 PM,

I prefer the less scrunched intepretation of the map personally.

I wanted the island in Topal Bay to be part of Cyrodiil but it makes more sense for it to be part of Black Marsh.
04-12-2006, 03:22 PM,

Meaning the two-part interpretation? The only reason I hesitate there is that the border might make things more complicated; if we can achieve the same level of result with a simpler plan, I think that the simpler is probably better in the grand scheme of things (compatibility etc). If there isn't a major difference in complexity, and if the two-part system has important benefits besides the potential to increase the scale to something even larger than Morrowind (not really sure that's a good idea myself as it seems a good standard), then by all means let's hear them.

The only real advantage that I can think of right now for a two-part version seperated into east and west blocks is that the landscaping could then be handled by two seperate modders prior to the release of a merging program. Of course, since we currently only have two or three modders who have expressed willingness to help, the reason might not be all that important.
04-12-2006, 03:33 PM,

Not necessarily, sorry, what I really meant was the actual shape of the province; closer to what the map I did is based on which is how Cyrodiil was depicted in the past as oppossed to the new kind of horizontally squashed version.

EDIT: However, if the alternative proves to be a better use of space, which it probably is, then I would think it would be preferable.
04-12-2006, 05:33 PM,

Got it. I actually like the old design a lot too, but the new worldspaces have both height and width limits as I understand it, meaning that if we're going to maximize the available space, our map needs to be roughly the same dimensions as the Oblivion one. Meaning either a lot of wasted space on the top and bottom or a similarly compressed layout from side to side.
04-12-2006, 07:40 PM,

Please people, all these new towns, cities ideas ect. are great but we have to focus on a simple rescale first, get the rescale created as quickly as possilble to ensure maximum compatibility with future mods, then start whipping out as many town, guild, bank plugins ect to encourage people to download our mod. So as Vrenir said we get our best landscaper going on exteriors until we can merge esps. In the mean time other people can worry about making new dialogue, interiors for planned settlements, ect. When a plugin merger comes out we halt all work on everything but recreating Cyrodiil's exteriors and put all our man power there. If we go full power we can have the exteriors done quickly within the release of the exporter. We can then wrap up whatever other content we completed waiting for the release of the esp merger, and release that as an addon. Once thats done people can go their seperate ways, return to their previous mod project. If a group wants to add in more settlements (which it sounds like they do) then they can go wild with it.
04-12-2006, 07:59 PM,

Hey, Sigfried, any are you working on the hightmap question?
04-12-2006, 08:17 PM,

Sorry the heightmaps have me baffled. Try pm'ing Arsonide, or whoever is doing the Valenwyr heighmap, they probably know the most about them around here.
04-12-2006, 09:11 PM,

Hm, sounding GREAT! I'll post more thoughts after breakfast.

In the meantime, you can see a map of all the towns and forts and whatever else right here. :goodjob:
04-12-2006, 09:15 PM,

Thanks. PMed Arsonide by the way.
04-12-2006, 09:59 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Garrett
Hm, sounding GREAT! I'll post more thoughts after breakfast.

In the meantime, you can see a map of all the towns and forts and whatever else right here. :goodjob:

Wow! Nice map, I'll be using that for my OB playtime Big Grin
Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.