Poll: Should we feature Rob's music in the Oblivion mod?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
0%
0 0%
Maybe
0%
0 0%
Other (pls specify)
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daggerfall music in ST:Oblivion
01-04-2006, 11:45 PM,
Daggerfall music in ST:Oblivion
While browsing ESF I stumbled over a link to "The Daggerfall Music Project" website, which I had never heard about before. The man behind the project, Robert C. Hood, is a composer who's orchestrated music pieces based on the tunes from the Daggerfall game. I checked them out and loved them, especially the atmosheric "Threading Winter". Naturally... my thoughts started wandering about the possibility of asking his permission for the team to feature them in the Oblivion mod. Apart from being generally very nice pieces I think the connection back to TES2 adds another dimension to them.

What do you guys think about the music pieces, and the idea of asking him permission for the team to feature his music in the Oblivion mod?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-04-2006, 11:54 PM,

Just listened to all 3 and I thought it was fantastic. I definitely think we should ask him to use the music. :yes:
Morrowind Insurance Company. Now with Horse & Guar Insurance! :goodjob:

Ask about our Adventurer's Life Policy (sorry, it does not cover companions that you push off cliffs, throw into Oblivion gates, or eaten by that nearby hungry troll :eek: )
01-05-2006, 10:50 PM,

I think we would benefit by working with him to make our own music. We already have our own in ST:MW by intelligesta, why not go further and create more of our own for OB? Maybe using his help?
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
02-28-2006, 08:10 AM,

Listened to Treading Winter, just unbelievable. My first thought was no but after hearing it I voted yeah. I'd pitch in a buck or two for a donation. It would add another level of polish to the mod, and save time to work on other things. But working with him to make our own music sounds great too.
"... creatures can survive by eating the fungi and mold which grow on the dungeon's walls and floors." -the sensible dungeon, "Mmmmm"
02-28-2006, 04:09 PM,

I voted with no.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely like the stuff (Night Adventures is jsut running over and over) and I think he did an excellent job, but - like noremorse - I'd prefer to have something original for our mod.

We have eleven awesome pieces intelligentsia made for the MW version of our mod and which (in my most humble opinion) should find their way into the Oblivion version (maybe with a new arrangement), we have Anaglyph's breathtaking music and I hope that he will do more for us in times to come.

If Robert would be willing to make something for us or allow us to use some of his own compositions, I'm the first to say "bring him in", but I'm not for using these pieces even though I like them very much.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
02-28-2006, 05:00 PM,

Great find! I always loved the daggerfall musical score and used it in my own Morrowind game. But I am not shure if we should use it for ST. Those pieces would be great for a High Rock mod (entering Daggerfall and hearing the original tunes would bring back old memories), but ST needs something new I think.

Btw: The dragonfly theme from Tamriel Rebuild is a great piece of music too (link).
Squirrel, squirrel, canst thou see? There?s a Snow Elf behind thee!
02-28-2006, 07:52 PM,

Threading Winter sounds good for something like the Jarnhald Mountains... close to Skyrim
Night adventures.... for some reason it reminds me of... maybe on the Bitter Coast... far between Silgrad and Legio Argonis with no refuge from the endless rain and sucking mud... and sharp thorny plants...
A Theme to Shop By sounds VERY High Rock-ish... not very Dunmeric

I really really like Tamriel Rebuilt's dragonfly theme... I think it was in their trailer or something
02-28-2006, 09:43 PM,

I really liked this music, and I think the mod would certainly benefit from it. But I agree with noremorse in that you should see if you can obtain his help in creating new music specially for ST, or perhaps retouching the music that has already been established. Either way, I think the music that was used in ST MW was very fine (though I always had somthing else playing out of personal taste), and even if you cannot get this music or create more, that would do nicely.
?The light that puts out our eyes is darkness to us. Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn? - Henry David Thoreau
02-28-2006, 11:03 PM,

I understand noremorse and Quentin Fortune's position, but I still voted yes... under the condition that it would be used in a place it is found to be well suited. I would not want to add it just because its good, but if there is a musical slot we need to fill, and one of these songs happens to fit the catagory, then I say why not.
02-28-2006, 11:08 PM,

my sentiments exactly