Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darkness Eternal's Models
07-08-2007, 02:16 PM,
Darkness Eternal's Models
Hey all,

Most of you know me from the official board, where I've been working on the Desert Architecture for a while. I've also done some work in the past for the Skyrim project (Amol Architecture).

Anyway, after receiving your invite message on the official boards, I decided to take a closer look at your project to see what models need to be done. I stumbled across the concept arts thread, got inspired and decided to start modelling Smile

I did the Lunar Tower and it's Astralisk (cool name btw).

I really like that architecture style. It differs from my other Desert stuff. This is more Egyptian style and I'd love to do more in this style. Perhaps a Tomb set or Ruins? These could be used like the Fort Ruins in the vanilla game...just an idea Wink

~DE
07-08-2007, 03:10 PM,

Phenominal. Puts my meagre modelling skills to shame Big Grin

Edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
07-08-2007, 08:38 PM,

whoa :pop: those look great :banana:
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?
07-09-2007, 11:15 AM,

Be inspired Ilmaranger - you're getting there!

:bananarock:

:wave: Welcome to the Elsewhere Confederacy Darkness Eternal . Big Grin

We are talking ancient civilisation/s here Darkness Eternal - so we have need of a broad variety of architectural styles - especially because there are so many sizes and 'blends' of Khajiit - that span almost human to totally cat ... and you have done some of our favorite concept art proud!

We even need to think about 'cat-flaps' and creating doors and so forth for the different hand/paw arrangements.

RUINS - have you seen the 100 Cities in the Ideas Forum - like the Ancient Middle East with 100 Cites buried beneath each other? - it's intended to start with something like that famous tomb/city entrance that is carved into the rock-face at the end of a canyon (there are pics in the thread) - and each level is intended to be a different style etc ...

Or there is a dungeon needed for the Kat that Walks (see the trailer) - beneath the statue of the goddess. We have JKJ's statue to mark the entry, but no concept or models for the dungeon itself. 'course it might be just the monument with a stairway down into a cave, or something ... but it has to be cunningly concealed, as it fooled Nirni Big Grin - could it be a grotto - so the water concealed the artifact that floats on air, or in a bubble of air, or on top of a waterspout?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
07-09-2007, 10:12 PM,

Darkness Eternal, you have done something I doubted I would see done, you made a model I love as much as Kyoushu's (God I wish he were still around) Original Concept art!

I'm very pleased that you decided to stop by and consider us!

Everything Raggidman has told you thus far is true, but pragmatism must step in as well. If you feel like doing anythign he has put forth, feel free, but the other things that we need doing the most are: A tomb tileset, as you suggested. The S'Rah tileset would be nice, the southern Pel architecture, and I'll also mention that while we love every moment you spend doing custom models for us, we are also going to be using your desert architecture tileset, so any work on that benefits us as well.

Glad to have you aboard :goodjob:
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
07-10-2007, 12:04 AM,

Thanks all,

Errmm...I was just browsing the boards and noticed that Shewter had already made the obelisk thingy. I didn't see the thread with his pictures of it, but I'll still submit my version with the model when I upload it.

Speaking of which, where's the best place to upload stuff (besides Tessource)?

Also, what purpose do these Temples or Shrines serve? Lunar Temple with a hole in the roof suggests something along the lines of it sering an ancient form of astonomy purpose. The reason I ask is because it's still empty inside and I'd like to model something that helps serve it's purpose.

Next, I'd like to say that I often start modelling different things as I get ideas or inspiration. Often times I also have to walk away from a model I'm working on and work on something else (usually texturing).

~DE
07-12-2007, 05:02 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Darkness Eternal
Speaking of which, where's the best place to upload stuff (besides Tessource)?

For secret stuff, go with putstuff.com because no-one can find out the download urls unless you tell them. For moderately-sized files that you want to keep around for a longer time, go with filefront.com. Don't upload large files there though, lest they pester you incessantly that they are going to delete them. Others prefer rapidshare.com but I don't know why myself.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-13-2007, 04:21 PM,

Looks great DK, as always. Smile I love the little statuette thingy, that really rocks! :bananarock:
Founder of the Ocean Studios

Come join the Ocean Mod!
08-04-2007, 04:25 PM,

We've gotten the files?

(Great looking!)
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
08-10-2007, 08:38 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Krisi-_
We've gotten the files?

(Great looking!)

No, I haven't uploaded them yet because I've used non royalty free textures on those models. I recently purchased a profesional texture CD, just to find out that I'm not allowed to distribute any models where the textures are accessable to the end user. It makes sense, so I'll dig out some alternates and upload these this weekend.

Btw, do you guys mind if I use these also for the DUNE project I'm working on? I've also started an entire tileset based on this model concept and would of course share with the entire community.

Now, if you guys want this particular model exclusive to Elsweyr, it's no problem. Just shoot me a PM, I'll leave the decision up to you Wink

~DE