Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darkness Eternal's Models
08-21-2007, 03:05 AM,

Whoa that is cool :pop: :goodjob:
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?
08-22-2007, 08:06 AM,

Wonderfuly done!

As a mod leader, I am pleasantly surprised by your decision, and couldn't be more happy for both mods to retain their resource related allure, as Elsweyr quite depends on it. As a moder, I give a short sigh for the loss to the community, and hope that you didn't make the decision lightly, though on the whole, I am a mod leader more than a moder.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
08-22-2007, 10:01 PM,

Thanks DA,

I was hoping you'd understand the decision. No, it was not a decision made lightly on a whim, but I'll try to explain why I'm deciding to make these exclusive.

The first and probably most important reason is that I like to see something unique in mods. It's what (I think) attracts modders and end users alike to download and possibly even contribute to a mod.

Which brings me to my second point. I'm also trying to inspire new modellers or those who'd like to try to be creative. It's not all that difficult as some think - once you get the hang of it. We're also trying to attract more people to the DUNE project. Prom is taking a break for a bit, but I'm sure that once he gets back he'll probably show off some new models that'll just blow us away. That is the kind of inspiration that drives me to make new stuff (speaking just for myself of course).

Then there's of course the thing we talked about with the original concept art, which kinda makes me feel as if I'm stealing something if I release it to the entire community. I don't know why - I just felt uncomfortable with the idea.

anyway, I would like to also work closely with the Elsweyr team. I've even been wondering how to incorporate some of the Elsweyr lore into the DUNE project. It's easier that way around. I think it could be totally awesome for both mods to share certain resources (models and architecture) and lore so they tie together nicely once in a playable state (although no one expects DUNE lore to be incorporated into Tamriel lore - that would be somewhat out of place).

One last note. I'll be uploading the Lunar Temple this weekend (I'll shoot you a pm DA). I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet, because I was retexturing everything. so, the textures you see on the second model are what you'll get with the Temple. And yes, those are totally royalty free, because I made them completely from scratch from free resources.

~DE